Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

cervini side exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2008, 02:47 PM
okbfd
4th Gear Member

Default RE: cervini side exhaust

I lowered the back 1.5" and have to be careful. LOL.....had to put the cats back on my first C300.....LOUD.....redneck loud
Old 03-12-2008, 02:51 PM
PiggySmallz
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: r3velation

i can't wait for the cervinis kit, but at the same time, i think i can wait for the hassle of the low clearance even with stock ride height. i'm nervous. i have to over 3 speed bumps just to leave my house or come back home. 6 speed bumps at school, 3 speed bumps at work. my god this is going to SUCK.
if i were you i wouldn't bother wasting the 4k+ after paint and install. You WILL scrape on those bumps, you'll just be replacing all the time. I had the same problem here in NY. I just decided to go a different route all together. I got the BMR drop and will leave the front fascia alone for the most part. I have just enough room to play with going into parking lots, gas stations and my own driveway. Forget hitting dips in the road doing 60+ on the highway, it will be a disaster with that kit
Old 03-12-2008, 02:53 PM
PiggySmallz
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: okbfd

I lowered the back 1.5" and have to be careful. LOL.....had to put the cats back on my first C300.....LOUD.....redneck loud
can't be much louder than pypes mid mufflers/magnaflow magnapacks(depending on when you bought the kit)with an off road pipe. It just sounds louder because it dumps in your ear basically Throw a prochamber on it, they are known to be a little quieter than off road h and x, though they are still loud lol
Old 03-12-2008, 04:13 PM
dennysmustang

No, mines not lowered. I wanted to complete the kit before lowering and then had full intentions to lower. But once I saw where everything ended up, It would be too low to drive. My buddy did his car and dropped it using the Eibachs and the first week, he caught once of those parking lot "no backup spikes" things and tore the side skirt. Without dropping the car, I have 2-1/2" below the lowest point (location where the tips mount to the piping). When he dropped his car, he only had 1-1/2 at that point. Car looked awesome, but very difficult to drive anywhere if lowered. Goodluck!
Old 03-12-2008, 04:21 PM
r3velation
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: PiggySmallz

ORIGINAL: r3velation

i can't wait for the cervinis kit, but at the same time, i think i can wait for the hassle of the low clearance even with stock ride height. i'm nervous. i have to over 3 speed bumps just to leave my house or come back home. 6 speed bumps at school, 3 speed bumps at work. my god this is going to SUCK.
if i were you i wouldn't bother wasting the 4k+ after paint and install. You WILL scrape on those bumps, you'll just be replacing all the time. I had the same problem here in NY. I just decided to go a different route all together. I got the BMR drop and will leave the front fascia alone for the most part. I have just enough room to play with going into parking lots, gas stations and my own driveway. Forget hitting dips in the road doing 60+ on the highway, it will be a disaster with that kit
i totally would, but cervinis is the only reason why i got an 05-08 gt. if i wasn't gonna do a cervinis eleanor, i would've gotten the saleen they had at galpin or the 03-04 cobra they had at samo ford. if i got the saleen, there's no way i could tear that bad boy up and throw some new fascias on it.