Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Most inexpensive axel-back exhaust with NO DRONE?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2008, 02:30 AM
DJStile
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Most inexpensive axel-back exhaust with NO DRONE?

I like the sound of those FRPP GTAs! I'm a bit confused about what is what though, are these Borlas or Ford Racing parts? I went to a few sites and found a few different ones, is this the one you guys are referring to? And what is the difference between that exhaust and this exhaust? Thanks a lot for everyone's help!!
Old 03-16-2008, 02:35 AM
vphokie
3rd Gear Member

I'm running a Magnaflow Cat-back and have very minimal drone. It's never constant, only as it goes through certain RPM's if I have it in too high of a gear and don't shift back down. I'm pretty happy with it!
Old 03-16-2008, 02:37 AM
ensit mike
2nd Gear Member

SLPs all the way! =]
Old 03-16-2008, 02:45 AM
DJStile
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ensit mike

SLPs all the way! =]
Lol, I guess it obviously just comes down to personal taste. If I'm reading correctly, the loudmouth's are basically a muffler delete with the "appearance" of a muffler and nice looking tips. If this is the case, I can really see my neighbors getting pissed when I'm pulling in my neighborhook at 4 am...I'm also a bit apprehensive about the coolness factor wearing off and the annoying "too loud" factor taking over as this is my DD.
Old 03-16-2008, 03:02 AM
ensit mike
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: DJStile

ORIGINAL: ensit mike

SLPs all the way! =]
Lol, I guess it obviously just comes down to personal taste. If I'm reading correctly, the loudmouth's are basically a muffler delete with the "appearance" of a muffler and nice looking tips. If this is the case, I can really see my neighbors getting pissed when I'm pulling in my neighborhook at 4 am...I'm also a bit apprehensive about the coolness factor wearing off and the annoying "too loud" factor taking over as this is my DD.
It really is. Some people like the deep rumble. For me the LMs just take me back to the car shows I went to when I was younger when all the 60s and 70s mustangs would race around the track with open headers. That raw just loud sound. All motor with that raspy feel. Its the best. Actually they dont really even have the appearance of a muffler. Just a straight pipe with sweet tips. Ill be honest when you start it up in the morning it can be a bit loud just because the car will rev high for a bit but as far as a daily driver, if you baby it its not bad at all. When you get on it on the other hand.... its a beast and well there is no discreetness about it. I looked at mufflers for a long time and I got freaked out because everyone said the SLPs were so incredibly loud... well tehy are talked up a little. They arent that bad and well when it came down to it... i said screw it I want to be louder than the otehr guy.
Old 03-16-2008, 07:53 AM
btorlv
2nd Gear Member

Ihad flows axel backs. They sound good but the drone killed me at 60 to70mph. Went with the gta"s no drone great tips and they sound better and better with age.
Old 03-16-2008, 08:56 AM
StangMan001
2nd Gear Member

I had a shop custom make a x-pipe and I ordered 2 magnapacks had them installed mid-muffler style then had 4" tips put on...sounds amazing. Still grinning...I had the missus take her around for a spin the other day while I stayed back to listen. Plus it has little drone on the highways. I recommend.
Old 03-16-2008, 09:23 AM
awakeinAZ
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: teksp0rt

IMO...The most bang for the buck is the Ford Racing GTA...

$279 at ninosport.com

No drone, Not annoyingly loud, deeper rumble.

look on youtube for vid of them...

They are on my car and sound great.. especially after they "break in" a little.
[align=left] [/align]
Same ones I have! Better looks too!

[IMG]local://upfiles/44056/B72159599BCC4329B93B5144151CAC67.jpg[/IMG]
Old 03-16-2008, 11:04 AM
rtracer408
I ♥ Acer

BOOMTUBES
Old 03-16-2008, 01:32 PM
DJStile
2nd Gear Member

Well I'm leaning towards the GTAs simply because the sound I am looking for is the THROATY muscle car sound of the past, not necessarily just loud. The loudmouths seem to be that - very loud, which is all find and good, but the sound I want is throaty. Think the GTAs will fulfill that desire???

Quick Reply: Most inexpensive axel-back exhaust with NO DRONE?