Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need to vent...

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2005, 08:49 PM
281GT
3rd Gear Member

Default Need to vent...

If I hear one more idiot flapping his jaws about how much better the Corvette is than the Mustang I am going to comit a serious crime. The words "justifiable homicide" come to mind. Of course the new Corvette is a better car. It's more than TWICE the money! I think Ford has done an excelent job of making a great looking, well engineered performance car for a resonable price. Anyone can build a decent car when they have as much money to work with as GM does with the Corvette. I have more respect for the Mustang. There's nothing out there that provides as much fun value for the money as a Mustang. Period.
On a personal note I don't really like the looks of the Corvette. It's just a big ego booster for some rich clown that's never laid hands on a wrench.
OK, I'll go away now. Thank you for allowing me this medium in which to vent.
Old 04-07-2005, 08:52 PM
Whitey_McNasty
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Need to vent...

ORIGINAL: 281GT

If I hear one more idiot flapping his jaws about how much better the Corvette is than the Mustang I am going to comit a serious crime. The words "justifiable homicide" come to mind. Of course the new Corvette is a better car. It's more than TWICE the money! I think Ford has done an excelent job of making a great looking, well engineered performance car for a resonable price. Anyone can build a decent car when they have as much money to work with as GM does with the Corvette. I have more respect for the Mustang. There's nothing out there that provides as much fun value for the money as a Mustang. Period.
On a personal note I don't really like the looks of the Corvette. It's just a big ego booster for some rich clown that's never laid hands on a wrench.
OK, I'll go away now. Thank you for allowing me this medium in which to vent.
Vettes are for guys with small *****'s.... Not my opinion... I read this in "Scientific American"

Besides the Shelby will eat a Vette ALIVE!
Old 04-07-2005, 08:55 PM
281GT
3rd Gear Member

True, true, on both counts. Of course try to get a Corvette owner to admit that Shelby will eat his Vette. They just get real quiet then.
Old 04-07-2005, 08:56 PM
Whitey_McNasty
2nd Gear Member

True, true, on both counts. Of course try to get a Corvette owner to admit that Shelby will eat his Vette. They just get real quiet then.
Yeah when you tell them that their *****'s actually get smaller!
Old 04-07-2005, 08:57 PM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

But on the other hand...if you would have saved a little longer and bought a Vette, you wouldn't be on a forum board where every other damn posts is "My V8 is better than your V6..oh yea, well you V8 guys are all just @ssholes we really bought a sports car for the look not for the performance". And you know you would miss all of those useful informative posts.
Old 04-07-2005, 08:58 PM
GWFoos
2nd Gear Member

My choice in cars came down to owning a Mustang GT for about $550/mo or leasing a corvette for $900/mo.; guess which I chose?

I have 3 children, two of which are boys who love the mustang and the growl and they want to go for a ride in it all the time. I enjoy taking them both out and hear them howl rather than 1 at a time. Also, I own the GT vs. leasing. In addition, I can make the mustang my own with modifications and other little things. AND, I have money to go on a vacation or two over the next few years and have my wife interested in spending time with me rather than mad b/c we have no extra money to do things for all of us.

Too many reasons to name, but assuming the same cost for the 'vette and the 'stang, I would still go with the 'stang for look and the extra seats.
Old 04-07-2005, 09:04 PM
n4ggs
2nd Gear Member

the corvette is a sports car, the mustang is a muscle car. comparing the 2 is silly. the corvette is the best performance value in the world by far. faster than most ferraris porsches, bmdubyahs for half the money. and next years zo6 is ungodly. 500 hp N/A from 7 liters. i dont even know how they got a 7 liter v8 to rev to 7 K rpm. doesnt seem possible. the whole body is aluminum, dry sump oiling system, amazing. to put that into perspective, it weights about 100 pounds less than a enzo and has 80% the power and costs 10% what the ferrari does. no factory mustang will ever be as fast around a race track as the new zo6.
Old 04-07-2005, 09:06 PM
n4ggs
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Whitey_McNasty

Yeah when you tell them that their *****'s actually get smaller!
well i guess this really ties in with that other post WEIGHT REDUCTION!
Old 04-07-2005, 09:12 PM
281GT
3rd Gear Member

I would agree that the Corvette is a good value compared with higher priced exotics. What irritated me is people comparing it with the Mustang. They are totally different cars. I'm just not interested in hearing about it becuase it's so far out of reach for most people that it make any sort of performance advantage irrelavent. What is a more fair comparison woudl be a Corvette and the Ford GT. Of course, again, the Corvette guys don't seem to want to talk about that.
Old 04-07-2005, 09:17 PM
Whitey_McNasty
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: hawgman

if you would have saved a little longer and bought a Vette, you wouldn't be on a forum board where every other damn posts is "My V8 is better than your V6..oh yea, well you V8 guys are all just @ssholes we really bought a sports car for the look not for the performance".
I would take a V6 over a Ford GT any day of the week... Better gas milage, lower insurance, smaller payment... and my girlfriend doesnt know the difference so she will still think I am as cool... oh yeah and my V6 Mustang can be moded to run circles around the Ford GT with nothing more than a CAI!

Quick Reply: Need to vent...