Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone else with STEEDA CAI ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2008, 05:02 PM
2cokeman
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Anyone else with STEEDA CAI ?

I had Steeda on my 07 GT, I didn't like the loud noise but it did improve power!
Old 03-20-2008, 07:27 PM
Mustangshar
1st Gear Member

Ladies and Gentlemen...: ) Thank you all for your imput. I guess I'll be prepared in case I am dissapointed with the tune and maybe have the performance shop do their thing. I don't know anything about all these computer tunes, but I know what I want. So that part will be the real education and a big heads up on the FRPP filters!! LOL

I'll be back after I get it on and hopefully it won't be SNOWING!!! We are sooooo sick of this.

Again you all are great and Man congrats on that NEW 2008 BULLITT!! Nice!!
Old 03-20-2008, 07:52 PM
Mustangshar
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: F1Fan

.......Don't let anybody tell you the canned Steeda supplied Predator tunes are bad or that a good set of shorty headers and catted down pipecan't make power. Obviously they are quitewrong. Or maybe theyjust don't sell these products and don't know any better.

HTH!
Dude!! You have saved my soul. Ok I still get alot of flack for having an automatic and it took me a year to decide what direction I wanted to go with Stang. Because my car is really never going to be a track car, I'll go and have fun but I am not trying for 12's here. : ) I would be happy doin' 13's. I do participate in car shows so the cosmetics were an important consideration for me.

Of course thinking I have an auto we'll do a CAI and then what? People advised they thought shorty headers don't offer enough gains so why waste the money. Well.....you just proved them wrong.: ) AND gave me something to go for. What I want is for the car to hold her own and be respectible. And of course be my ride and done my way. LOL

And how do I get my photo in my sig?? I have tried 3 times and it fails everytime....something different in this Forum?? LOL
Old 03-23-2008, 10:55 PM
F1Fan
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Mustangshar
ORIGINAL: F1Fan
.......Don't let anybody tell you the canned Steeda supplied Predator tunes are bad or that a good set of shorty headers and catted down pipecan't make power. Obviously they are quitewrong. Or maybe theyjust don't sell these products and don't know any better.

HTH!
Dude!! You have saved my soul. Ok I still get alot of flack for having an automatic and it took me a year to decide what direction I wanted to go with Stang. Because my car is really never going to be a track car, I'll go and have fun but I am not trying for 12's here. : ) I would be happy doin' 13's. I do participate in car shows so the cosmetics were an important consideration for me.

Of course thinking I have an auto we'll do a CAI and then what? People advised they thought shorty headers don't offer enough gains so why waste the money. Well.....you just proved them wrong.: ) AND gave me something to go for. What I want is for the car to hold her own and be respectible. And of course be my ride and done my way. LOL

And how do I get my photo in my sig?? I have tried 3 times and it fails everytime....something different in this Forum?? LOL

Hi Shar,

Hey, there is nothing wrong with an auto car for DD use and drag strip use. Obviously for DD use in traffic an auto is way better and on the drag strip no comparison. An auto trannyis much more consistent and the S197GT autoon the strip is just as fast as a manual S197GT. Install some gears and geta good tune with the CAI and you will be flying down the 1/4 mile with the best of them. For bracket racing an autois the only way to go for consistency. Install an electric water pump with a switch to therelay for fastbetweenround/pass cool downs for maximum consistency.

Of course forthe twisty bits a manual transmission is king which is why I own amanual trans car.I don't really know if the Steeda canned tunes are as good for the auto trans cars as they are for a manual trans car. But when Adam at ST says there is nothingto be hadfrom a tunebased on the data loggingandRWHP numbers my car putshowed on his dynoI have to think the canned tunes from Steedaare working pretty good.

I have no idea how to post a photo in your sig. I can however takesome gorgeous photographs of your car if you are willing to pay my day rates. 8^)

HTH!

Old 03-24-2008, 06:20 AM
Margarita Girl
Is the tide gonna reach my chair?

ORIGINAL: Mustangshar

Don't know why this forum/site does not like capital letters.
Put [img] before and [/img] after your picture.
And for your sig, this picture is too big. You'll need to resize to 500 max.