Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New to the forum,and debating.. Opinions needed

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2008, 01:08 PM
biglovemp

Default New to the forum,and debating.. Opinions needed

I am new to this forum, and its actually the first time i have been on here. I have been searching thru different threads trying to gather as much information as possible all daylong..

Ok... So i am contiplating on leasing a new mustang within the next month or two....

I am going to go with a convertible for sure, but what i am stuck with is figuring out whether to go with the GT or the 6 cyl. I am into power but at the same time i have heard that the 6 cyl are not slow at all. I wont be doing much modding at all to it being that i am leasing it. Which brings me to the point that i know will be asked. Why am i leasing it? i am leasing because i can not stay with a car longer then about two years.. I am just one of those people who has to cahnge their cars and gets bored quick...

I have never owned a mustang but i have driven a few and have always wanted one. My favorate stangs are the pre-93 models. After 93 they just didnt appeal to me...

Anyways, I would like some inputs and thoughts that might help me decide between the 6cyl or the GT. What better way but to hear it from the hourses mouth, vs to someone who has no clue!

TIA.. its appreciated!!!
Old 03-20-2008, 01:13 PM
7STANG
99GTverts minion

Default RE: New to the forum,and debating.. Opinions needed

You would be better off to test drive them both yourself. You will get all sorts of different opinions. If money isn't a problem get the GT.
Old 03-20-2008, 01:19 PM
marcuskeeler
5th Gear Member

Well the only titbit i can offer is that the convertible is heavier than the hardtop, so the difference in power between the two motors becomes more pronounced.
Old 03-20-2008, 01:20 PM
dcottrell6
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 7STANG

You would be better off to test drive them both yourself. You will get all sorts of different opinions. If money isn't a problem get the GT.
+1, Go for the GT if you don't care about the money.

If you are more concerned about gas mileage, go for the 6.

Also, Welcome!
Old 03-20-2008, 01:23 PM
SeanoStang
4th Gear Member

a convertible sixxer is like the slowest of the slow

thats why i went coupe

get the gt
Old 03-20-2008, 01:23 PM
biglovemp

I am going to test drive them both this weekend. For some reason the lease rate went down on these cars which is a great thing for me being that last year when i first started thinking about getting it, leasing it was twice as much as financing and was not worth it...

Regardless of whether i get the 6 or GT, i will be getting it loaded, withall the goodies! The price is not far off between the two, i am just trying to justify the extra 75$ or so a month that i will be paying for the GT...
Old 03-20-2008, 01:31 PM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

Best way to to drive both. If you have satisfied with a V6, you save yourself some money. If you leave feeling you want more, go with the GT. Both are great, and I am extremely satisfied with my 6 now that I got some gears/CAI/tune. I was happy before that, but its a world of different gears/tune/cai will make on a 6er.
Old 03-20-2008, 01:32 PM
antipeterleague
3rd Gear Member

i have a v6 because of money issues but i love it. if i had the money i would've gotten the GT to avoid all the smack talk from my friend, who owns a 87 supra. i'm still determined that when his supra comes out from winter storage i'll be able to take it!

haha friends busting friends' *****.
Old 03-20-2008, 01:42 PM
flg2010
1st Gear Member

Get a GT, buy it with: IUP, HID Headlights, Ambient Lighting,Comfort Group, Siris Raido, Shaker 500 audio, GT Appearance, 18 inch Painted Alum Weels, Automatic if you plan to drive in the city a lot/Manual if you don't, Active Security Alarm, Weel Locks.
Old 03-20-2008, 01:51 PM
biglovemp

I do plan on getting all the goodies with either one.... The one thing I WILL NOT DO, is get this car in an automatic... Then i really wont enjooy the car.. Just my personal opinion...

Being that i am leasing i cant really mod it, so so far its leaning more towards the GT huh??

The difference does add up though, between GAS/ Insurance/ Payments.. All together i would say its somewhere between a difference of 100-150 dollars a month between the two... Am i right?

Quick Reply: New to the forum,and debating.. Opinions needed