Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

technical help please...

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2008, 11:36 AM
paydirt
2nd Gear Member

Default technical help please...

so I used to have a silver 4.0 mustang and had an xcal2 with some tunes from bamachips. a couple of weeks ago I upgraded to a 2008 mustang GT. well a couple of days ago I ordered a new tune from bamachips and uploaded it onto my old tuner. I already installed my JLT intake but when i try to program the car it tells me "wrong vehicle" I have no idea what to do now and bamachips wont answer the phone. any help ASAP would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Ryan
Old 03-22-2008, 11:39 AM
vphokie
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: technical help please...

Nothing wrong with the new tune. It's the tuner. Sounds like you traded in the old mustang? What you should have done was put the original stock tune back in that car. The SCT is smart enough to lock itself to one car (or else nobody would ever buy them). So the tuner thinks you still own the old car and it's locked to that specific car. You can only unlock it by taking the custom tune off that car and putting the stock one back on. The SCT then "unlocks" and is free to use on any vehicle. So unless you can get to the car you traded in, you're kinda screwed. You can contact SCT though and they can unlock it, but it sounds like it's an expensive fiasco and you may be better off just buying a new SCT.
Old 03-22-2008, 11:48 AM
paydirt
2nd Gear Member

well luckily I do have both cars still, but I just returned the 4.0 back to stock and tried to upload the new tune on the GT and it still is tellin me wrong vehicle.
Old 03-22-2008, 11:52 AM
vphokie
3rd Gear Member

How about the computer code. Maybe you told them the wrong one? Or you're trying to upload one of your old tunes accidentally?
Old 03-22-2008, 11:55 AM
paydirt
2nd Gear Member

yeah I thought it was the computer code also but its the right one. PSP1, and I'm pretty positive its the right tune. all this trouble is really makin me wish I would have just ordered a new tuner.
Old 03-22-2008, 11:58 AM
vphokie
3rd Gear Member

I'm at a loss now...I'm certainly no tuner genius though. Good luck getting it figured out! Nice black Razors by the way, I've had those in the back of my mind for the past few months as one of my possible replacements!
Old 03-22-2008, 11:59 AM
exx1976
5th Gear Member

Just because you read the code off the sticker on the ECM doesn't mean it's the right code. Being a 2008 this is highly unlikely, but they do upgrade the code on the ECM's from time to time, and don't replace the sticker. There's a way to read the strategy code from the ECM using the SCT. I don't know what it is, but someone else on here might be able to tell you, or you should be able to call BAMA and have them tell you what it is..

Old 03-22-2008, 12:00 PM
paydirt
2nd Gear Member

thanks for all the help though man I really appreciate it. and yeah the razors are a great wheel. I took them off the six and put them on the new black 08. Ill post up some pics here soon.