Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How do you decide?!

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2008, 06:23 PM
BeitzelGT
2nd Gear Member

Default How do you decide?!

On what color of a GT to get?!

I like black, prolly my fav. color on a car, just looks better to me than anything else but it shows swirls.... I also like white, with the white window things you put over the door windows to help keep rain out. (excuse me for my ignorance, I cant think of the name)

But, I've been thinking for months and I cant make up my mind.. It's black, then white.. I kinda like red & grey...

Oh, and how do you feel about Mustang GT's with auto trany's..... I know how to drive a stick but I seriously HATE it.....Is the speed much different in a auto vs a manual?
Old 03-22-2008, 06:32 PM
gatkins94
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: How do you decide?!

Well....I'm a bit partial to Vista Blue myself, but I have a red one too. The blue one is a 5 speed, the red one is an auto....they're both fast, and each is a different driving experience. I'm actually impressed with the auto that's in this car!
Old 03-22-2008, 06:37 PM
JohnnyPump23
1st Gear Member

I just got a black GT. I'm 100% happy I went with that color. I think it gives it a meaner look, and when it's clean it looks amazing (but when it's dirty...oy!!). Vista Blue would be my second choice if black wasn't an option.
Old 03-22-2008, 06:38 PM
thewarmachine
5th Gear Member

I changed my mind several times among the colors black, torch red, vista blue, and satin silver. I never even considered the others.

Black = my favorite.....almost talked out of it by friends who said it was too hard to keep clean
Torch Red = pretty color, but maybe too bright for me....possibly fades quickly
Vista Blue = a very nice color in some lighting, but also a very nasty color in other lighting......don't need a two-face car
Satin Silver = clean looking, but a little boring

Went with black a year ago, and the funny thing is that I bought it in the middle of pollen season, so it was really really hard to keep clean at first.
Old 03-22-2008, 06:42 PM
raubt
4th Gear Member

You're kind of in a no-lose situation here.

I intitally wanted a grey pony because I thought it was the meanest looking, but ended up going with a white one because the dealer had one immediately available on the lot with better options and was willing to wheel-and-deal a bit more with it.

Admittedly it wasn't my favorite color at the time, sitting in there with black and red Mustangs all around it, not looking like anything special, but once I got it home and cleaned up I was completely happy with it. If I had to buy a Mustang over again, I would go with white as my first choice.

The S197 has such an exceptional and beautiful design that the color doesn't really matter. From a purchase standpoint, there is no color of Mustang that I would go out of my way to avoid.

That said, they have their +'s and -'s. The darker colors tend to look better in the daylight when clean, but they're a lot harder to look after if you're super-fussy about the details. The lighter colors aren't as flashy and don't stand out as much in the day (although my performance white absolutely pops at night), but they're generally easier to look after and don't show the dust and swirl marks as bad.

The colors are all good choices, and as long as it's clean and well looked after, your car is gonna look smokin' hot regardless of the paint.
Old 03-22-2008, 06:55 PM
2cokeman
5th Gear Member

If I didn't get the Bullitt I would still have an Orange Grabber!!
Old 03-22-2008, 07:06 PM
06Redfire3V
5th Gear Member

Well I was open to all colors really but I saw this redfire one with a few little things already done to it so i hoped on it! Now Redfire is my fav. color
Old 03-22-2008, 07:21 PM
frd06GT
2nd Gear Member

The auto is excellent with a CAI and Tune.

As for color, black is whatthey will be expecting.

Windveil Blue is the only safe choice, they wont see youcoming until its tooLATE!

Old 03-22-2008, 07:23 PM
Joolander
Lord High Protector

You don't pick the mustang... It picks you[:-]
Old 03-22-2008, 07:25 PM
SonicBlue05GT
4th Gear Member

white puts me to sleep unless it has blue or red stripes on it...

i'd go Vista Blue, only because you can't get Sonic Blue after 2005 [8D]

Quick Reply: How do you decide?!