Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CERVINI'S SIDE EXHAUST OWNERS

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 09:30 PM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Default RE: CERVINI'S SIDE EXHAUST OWNERS

I have not had any clearance issues but am on stock suspension components at the moment. I am dropping the rear a little (1-1.25 inches) and getting a larger profile rear tire to help offset the drop a little. It will remove all rake from front to back and level the car a little. I love the sound and it is amazing. TASSY5 has one as well and give him a PM for sound clips and video. I have a dyno run but you have to have a subwoofer for the computer to start to appreciate the sound of the exhaust. jbailer and obkfd have the kit as well as allj and they are members on the forum. some hang out in the 4.6L section and O.T. section. Also Matt Blassi has the kit but I have not seen him on the forum lately. Now dont be fooled by everyone on this forum that has replied the clearance on the side skirts and the front of the kit you might have 4-5 inches at the most but I have measured many times and many factors can affect the ride height of any car from the factory. The exhaust at its lowest is the tips that go under the rocker (maybe wrong term) and it is about 3.5 inches! I am NOT trying to deter you in any way from the system and I would never get rid of mine and I live in the metro detroit area and this is the pothole state!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Be careful over any speedbumps, driveways (into homes and plazas) and plan and know the ares you drive in.....JMO but I have had the whole kit for 2 yrs now and do NOT regret it in anyway.....but I do wonder at times what it would be like to live in an area that has flat roads and no potholes and less dips in the roads.. (not many around the Mid-west). The key for me was NEVER drive straight into any driveway or steep driveway. Always go at a nice big angle and slowly so you get no compression of the suspension when going over bumps and steep driveways. Know the car and the ride height and all is well. I have never scraped the exhaust but have scraped the front bumper cover on my driveway and have since replaced the whole bumper cover (though I could have easily gotten it fixed) I like to have the parts not repaired in anyway. PM for pics and video! J
Old 03-27-2008, 09:32 PM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

LT and high flow CATS should work no problem with the h-pipe but ask Cervinis before ordering and ask about the return policy for exchanges..... JMO but they are different when it comes to parts and returns..... J
ORIGINAL: Thurman

Anyone have l/t headers with h/f cats?
I have kooks, just wondering how it will bolt up.
Thurman
Old 03-27-2008, 10:08 PM
marlon1
2nd Gear Member

hey mygt500, nice car, wonder if the verts may have more clearance than coupes. my kit came withreplacement body braces. i have 4.5 on drivers side 4.0 on other side at lowest
point. dont know if pipes were bent different or maybe hangers not same
Old 03-27-2008, 11:34 PM
snicksrolos
3rd Gear Member

No problem Thurman!

In response to Allstar...yes, I am lowered by about 3 inches in the rear, and 1.5 inches up front. I do tend to have an issue with speed bumps, but like MyGT500 suggested, all you really have to do is take everything slow and at an angle.

I also have a '05 F150 Supercrew FX4, and I have learned to watch the clearance issues with the overall height when entering parking garages and drive thru's. IMO it's no different having a raised vehicle in comparison to a lowered vehicle - you just have to be careful!

I agree with everyone that has responded - the sound is awesome! I cannot even begin to describe the number of times that people have turned their heads when I drive by! I too have set off several car alarms, and in parking garages it is almost a fun game to see how many per row I can set off! I must stress though that as cool as it sounds, all you have to do to eliminate the "noise" is lay off of the gas a bit, and close the windows. Not that I do that a lot...I much prefer to drop the clutch and watch people freak out as the tires squeal and the exhaust roars to life! Gotta love it!
Old 03-27-2008, 11:49 PM
Newbreedgt05
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: marlon1

hey mygt500, nice car, wonder if the verts may have more clearance than coupes. my kit came withreplacement body braces. i have 4.5 on drivers side 4.0 on other side at lowest
point. dont know if pipes were bent different or maybe hangers not same
No they're the same. The verts require those braces because the coupes don't have them.
Old 03-28-2008, 12:15 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Whats cool too is when we do a burnout and it is a smokey one and it starts to billow out from the wheel well it blows the smoke to the side of the car as well ....it is a sight to be seen! (see you tube) J

Funny I too get the looks from a distance and I have the stock manifolds and the stock CATs for the time being! The sound is amazing! J

EDIT: Newbreed is right and he is the guy to ask any questions about the verts!

ORIGINAL: snicksrolos

No problem Thurman!

In response to Allstar...yes, I am lowered by about 3 inches in the rear, and 1.5 inches up front. I do tend to have an issue with speed bumps, but like MyGT500 suggested, all you really have to do is take everything slow and at an angle.

I also have a '05 F150 Supercrew FX4, and I have learned to watch the clearance issues with the overall height when entering parking garages and drive thru's. IMO it's no different having a raised vehicle in comparison to a lowered vehicle - you just have to be careful!

I agree with everyone that has responded - the sound is awesome! I cannot even begin to describe the number of times that people have turned their heads when I drive by! I too have set off several car alarms, and in parking garages it is almost a fun game to see how many per row I can set off! I must stress though that as cool as it sounds, all you have to do to eliminate the "noise" is lay off of the gas a bit, and close the windows. Not that I do that a lot...I much prefer to drop the clutch and watch people freak out as the tires squeal and the exhaust roars to life! Gotta love it!
Old 03-28-2008, 09:13 PM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Glad to have helped Thurman....(.just to get this to the first page again and see others take on the exhaust)
Old 03-28-2008, 09:17 PM
Thurman
5th Gear Member

I can't wait now. I them on my car NOW!!!
I will keep ya posted.
Thurman
Old 03-29-2008, 12:53 AM
SaddleUp
5th Gear Member

I am not completely "anti-side exhaust"...but I felt that strongly about my Borla catbacks that I eliminated the side exit exhausts. Yes, they look awesome on the side...but something about the rear-end looked a little too plain for me with just the Cervini bumper cover......this is why I left my dual rear exit exhausts:
Old 03-29-2008, 01:19 AM
socool9004
2nd Gear Member

hey........hes buying my side exhaust.....

Quick Reply: CERVINI'S SIDE EXHAUST OWNERS