Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Smoked Vs. Black front Corners..Pics Please

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 10:16 PM
mlcrycc
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Smoked Vs. Black front Corners..Pics Please

ORIGINAL: cegha

hey i just purchased http://www.stangmods.com/Black-Turn-.../00622-blk.htmfrom stangmods.

Mine are perfectly clear plastic on the front with the back of it black. So when you look at it with the turn signal off it appears black, but if the turn signal is on you can see the light light up amber perfectly. I do not have them installed as they just arrived yesterday. If i get to it tomorrow i will post up pics for you to see.

I don't think anyone sells front turn signals with the (clear) plastic blacked out stock. Pretty sure all the ones you will find on major sites (not ebay), come with just a clear plastic front and black plastic backing to make them appear blacked out. I think this is for legality purposes. Seeing as how in some states blacked out anything no matter how light or dark is illegal. I think they just do that so you get a black look but it does not actually darken the amount of light shining outwards.

I looked all over to purchase blacked out taillights, done professionally, like painted and clearcoated, and couldn't find any major mustang sites that would sell them, which is probably for legality purposes to cover them. I went to ebay and found a nice pair.
Hey thanks, love to see em when you install. However, if you look at this link to Stangmods, and your link, the ones you say you got are the ones on the right, clearly stating black corners. If you look at the ones to the left of it, those are the look I want. Just worried about their demo picture, which appears to be black, not smoked. But you still may have answered my question.....Thanks.

http://www.stangmods.com/Mustang-Cle...kers-s/156.htm
Old 03-28-2008, 12:53 AM
vtmustangs
3rd Gear Member

I got some smoked ones from stangmods for ya. To me they match the shade of the headlight perfectly I got more pics with the chrome/amber bulbs if you want. Excuse the bug crap all over the front end just concentrate on the lenses haha.

Old 03-28-2008, 02:55 AM
cegha
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mlcrycc

ORIGINAL: cegha

hey i just purchased http://www.stangmods.com/Black-Turn-.../00622-blk.htmfrom stangmods.

Mine are perfectly clear plastic on the front with the back of it black. So when you look at it with the turn signal off it appears black, but if the turn signal is on you can see the light light up amber perfectly. I do not have them installed as they just arrived yesterday. If i get to it tomorrow i will post up pics for you to see.

I don't think anyone sells front turn signals with the (clear) plastic blacked out stock. Pretty sure all the ones you will find on major sites (not ebay), come with just a clear plastic front and black plastic backing to make them appear blacked out. I think this is for legality purposes. Seeing as how in some states blacked out anything no matter how light or dark is illegal. I think they just do that so you get a black look but it does not actually darken the amount of light shining outwards.

I looked all over to purchase blacked out taillights, done professionally, like painted and clearcoated, and couldn't find any major mustang sites that would sell them, which is probably for legality purposes to cover them. I went to ebay and found a nice pair.
Hey thanks, love to see em when you install. However, if you look at this link to Stangmods, and your link, the ones you say you got are the ones on the right, clearly stating black corners. If you look at the ones to the left of it, those are the look I want. Just worried about their demo picture, which appears to be black, not smoked. But you still may have answered my question.....Thanks.

http://www.stangmods.com/Mustang-Cle...kers-s/156.htm
Glad i could be of some help, stangmods "smoked" corners, by looking at them i fail to see any black or "smoked" apperance to them at all. They look like silver housings with a black trim to them. If you want your corners to appear black, go with the black corners. If you want your corners truley smoked/blacked out. Pick up a pair of the clear corners/black corners/smoked corners from stangmods (or someplace cheaper), and i would say to send them to this person, or spray them yourself if your confident enough to do that.

This is a link to a set of blacked out tail lights i just purchased. I don't want flames about the price. I wanted quality blacked out tail lights. I did not want covers or film to just lay over the top. I wanted them professionally done and decided on these. They have yet to arrive but i could provide pics of how well done they are, once they do arrive. He says you can send him any lights on your car and he will smoke them for you. So if you want a nice job, i would say send them to him.

I read a tutorial on this site mabye, that showed how to smoke your own tail lights. To doa good job was way to much work for me. You had to do like one coat, let dry for 24 hours and repeat like 4-5 times for a good look then wet sand and clearcoat, etc. Too much work for me. Hence i just purchased these.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...TODAY.m238.lVI

"WE HAVE MANY SETS AVAILABLE THAT AREN'T LISTED ON EBAY. EMAIL FOR AVAILABILTY. HAVE HARD TO FIND LIGHTS ??? SEND THEM TO ME, I WILL SMOKE THEM AND SEND THEM BACK !!! NEED A 3RD BRAKE LIGHT, BUMPER REFLECTOR, TURN SIGNAL, ETC SMOKED? SEND IT TO ME. EMAIL FOR ESTIMATE."
Old 03-28-2008, 03:12 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

I am not a fan of the smoked lens ones and I do like the black ones (w/ the clear lens) and the clears... I have the clears JMO J
ORIGINAL: mlcrycc

So looking at the "smoked" corners on the Moss site, to me they look like they are actually black corners with clear lenses...

Looking at the "smoked" corners on Stangmods site, they look more like smoked lenses over the normal silver background..

http://www.stangmods.com/PhotoGaller...e=00622%2DSMKD

But if you look at the demo pics, the corners in the pics make the lens appear...cloudy to me.....

So if you got em, please post up pics, and where purchased. What Iwant are the actual smoked lenses, like the Stangmod ad, but not with the cloudy appearance afterward.....

Thanks,
Mike

Old 03-28-2008, 07:53 AM
PennState
6th Gear Member

i tinted mine with regular 20 percent window tint

Old 03-28-2008, 08:52 AM
Black05StangGT
3rd Gear Member

Look at my sig...mine are amber painted black like my headlights...
Old 03-28-2008, 10:12 AM
loots06
5th Gear Member

Smoked..

http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/c...s06/tint06.jpg
Old 03-28-2008, 10:28 AM
RHuckster
2nd Gear Member

Clear lens, black backing & stealth bulbs:

Rick
Old 03-28-2008, 09:16 PM
TheRebel
2nd Gear Member

stangmods, smoked. Oops, I got mine at american muscle not stangmods which I orginally posted.

[align=left] [/align]

[IMG]local://upfiles/69787/DF917B67C9894A8182077B30FB8292C9.jpg[/IMG]
Old 03-29-2008, 09:31 AM
mlcrycc
5th Gear Member

Thanks for all the pics. Helps out.

Thanks for that pic. As I thought, the smoked lenses appear different on lighter cars than they do on black.

Huckster-love the hood pins. Shelby?

Quick Reply: Smoked Vs. Black front Corners..Pics Please