Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.

Question about Posted Pics.....

Old 03-30-2008, 11:41 AM
mlcrycc
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Question about Posted Pics.....

ORIGINAL: howarmat

you post any picture on the net its free for them to use pretty much IMO. If you want compensation, you have your work cut out for you and shouldnt expect it.
Nor do I, and that's not what I am after. As I said, I take it as a compliment, but know how other sales sites have handled it...Again, it was more curiousity than anything.....
Old 03-30-2008, 11:58 AM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

ORIGINAL: mlcrycc

you post any picture on the net its free for them to use pretty much IMO. If you want compensation, you have your work cut out for you and shouldnt expect it.
Nor do I, and that's not what I am after. As I said, I take it as a compliment, but know how other sales sites have handled it...Again, it was more curiousity than anything.....
That is how i would view it to.....I would be proud to have them use my car......as long as someone isnt making millions off it, i just take it as a big "thank you" that someone appreciates my taste
Old 03-30-2008, 12:07 PM
mlcrycc
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mlcrycc

That is how i would view it to.....I would be proud to have them use my car......as long as someone isnt making millions off it, i just take it as a big "thank you" that someone appreciates my taste

[sm=exactly.gif] Trust me, I do....
Old 03-30-2008, 02:07 PM
Stoenr
5th Gear Member

Old 03-30-2008, 02:55 PM
DarkFireGT
4th Gear Member

Whether the image is on the internet or not, legally, if you take the picture, you own the copyright. That is why with my images, even if I manipulate it, I never get rid of the original. If a company uses a thumbnail of this picture, they are not violating the copyright. But if they use the full size image, they are. There's a lot of murkiness when it comes to "fair use", but ultimately, it's your work.