Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford ESP plans...

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 02:37 PM
KUcurt
1st Gear Member

Default Ford ESP plans...

Anyone have it? I received the mailer yesterday and i tried to call them and find out the different coverages and rates. Is it worth it? I don't do much work on my car, so i have to depend on a mechanic to do work on it. Seeing as the '07 GT is NOT a daily driver, would it be worth looking into the ESP plan? Opinions, please...
Old 04-04-2008, 02:46 PM
tncruiser
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Ford ESP plans...

not a good deal EVER
its an insurance policy, since its not a dd you will not acumalate enuugh miles to wear yor car out
think about it how often do you have repairs that break the bank. invest in good maintanance and you will see 150k+++
b4 somthing breaks
Old 04-04-2008, 03:04 PM
07ROUSHGT
1st Gear Member

Been there....done it.....got screwed in the long run [:@]....WON'T EVER do it again....DON'T do it!!!! They use those to get extra profit. Think about it......if it was a good deal do you think that they would even offer it? But that's just a little advice, you decide
Old 04-04-2008, 03:28 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Sort of like betting that your car will crap the bed. Put the money towards some mods.
Old 04-04-2008, 03:33 PM
frd06GT
2nd Gear Member

As a previous Ford dealer employee. I can tell you that Ford ESPs are very good and accepted at all FLM dealers. There are several different coverage levels and deductable amounts. If have a car that is your DD and you drive a lot, on a tight budget, do not perform your own maintenaceAND are going to keep your car for the term of the warrantythey are a great way to go.

Seeing as you don't DD the stang or put many miles on it, you wont see much value from an ESP. Save your $$.
Old 04-04-2008, 03:34 PM
KUcurt
1st Gear Member

THANKS! I'd never bought an extended warranty on anything other than my son's XBox 360. of course, we've had to take it back and they gave us a new one to replace it. However, with a car, you hope they do a better job building the cars than Microsoft did on the first 360s.
Old 04-04-2008, 03:48 PM
JimsGT
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Nuke

Sort of like betting that your car will crap the bed. Put the money towards some mods.
Yeah, kinda like betting on the "Don't Pass" line and /or "Don't Come" in Craps!!! LOL

Like the others said, I wouldn't do it. Reminds me of when I bought my car, and leaving the loan officer's office with the same monthly payment amount as I had when I walked in off the sales floor. I took nothing, no extended warranties, gap insurance, etc. I had confidence in the car, if I thought I needed all the warranty extensions, to me I'm betting that the car is a piece of sh*t. I'll take my chances, plus its not a daily driver that I'll be racking miles on, my factory warranty will run out by time, not miles anyway.
Old 04-04-2008, 04:39 PM
nofear
1st Gear Member

not worth it ... in the long run you will be wasting your money
cares these days are better than they were 20 years ago
i would worry about it, have confidence in your ride

Old 04-04-2008, 06:16 PM
haya1200

HEY BUD, IM A FINANCE MANAGER AT SOUTHWAY FORD IN SAN ANTONIO AND I CAN GIVE U THE INSIDE DEAL ON AN ESP.. I GIVE U COST ON ONE SO U DONT GET SCREWED..NEED UR MILES

[IMG]local://upfiles/94792/DDC0F026D11446A9BDBDCB4FEC5D3380.jpg[/IMG]
Old 04-04-2008, 07:23 PM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: KUcurt

Anyone have it? I received the mailer yesterday and i tried to call them and find out the different coverages and rates. Is it worth it? I don't do much work on my car, so i have to depend on a mechanic to do work on it. Seeing as the '07 GT is NOT a daily driver, would it be worth looking into the ESP plan? Opinions, please...
Since you have an '07 that's not getting too many miles, you might be okay.

I got the the ESP last December, when they were on sale for about $300 off. I have a 2005 that has had a lot of problems (had to have the engine replaced at just 3500 miles!) and with the constant reoccurring rattles in this daily driver I just wanted the security, in case something serious should happen.
Obviously, if you have tools, shop skills and lots of mods there wouldn't be too much need for one.

Quick Reply: Ford ESP plans...