Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

They gave me the wrong Pro-Kit!

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2008, 01:44 AM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

Default They gave me the wrong Pro-Kit!

I started talking to a rep from Eibach today at the Stillen event about my Mustang. I was trying to decide what kind of shocks/ struts I would need to get rid of the floating, bouncing ride I have after their Pro-Kit was installed.
He said that wasn't normal and when he checked my car he could tell right away that I had the wrong springs in the front! V-6 springs, which would explain why they haven't been up to the task.
The install was done by a well-known shop, which is right across the street from the dealership where I bought my car. They do custom work on all Fords, including the Ford GT. They even have a TV show, for Pete's sake! This screw up is unbelievable!

He said I probably won't need to shell out the extra bucks for D-specs, which I thought I was going to need, but I am just waiting for this well known shop to give me any cr@p about doing a free exchange! They claimed, over the phone today, that something like that has "never happened".

If anyone knows anyone who works at this shop, could you let me know if they will make this right. I had been saving up the money for the past 4 months for new shocks, but since this isn't a normal warranty problem, will they give me lip about it being over 90 days? The warranty doesn't say anything about this kind of mistake!

I know if they don't make me happy the Better Business Bureau and half of the Internet will be hearing about this.
Old 04-07-2008, 12:47 AM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

Default RE: They gave me the wrong Pro-Kit!

ORIGINAL: Orion_240

I started talking to a rep from Eibach today at the Stillen event about my Mustang. I was trying to decide what kind of shocks/ struts I would need to get rid of the floating, bouncing ride I have after their Pro-Kit was installed.
He said that wasn't normal and when he checked my car he could tell right away that I had the wrong springs in the front! V-6 springs, which would explain why they haven't been up to the task.
The install was done by a well-known shop, which is right across the street from the dealership where I bought my car. They do custom work on all Fords, including the Ford GT. They even have a TV show, for Pete's sake! This screw up is unbelievable!

He said I probably won't need to shell out the extra bucks for D-specs, which I thought I was going to need, but I am just waiting for this well known shop to give me any cr@p about doing a free exchange! They claimed, over the phone today, that something like that has "never happened".

If anyone knows anyone who works at this shop, could you let me know if they will make this right. I had been saving up the money for the past 4 months for new shocks, but since this isn't a normal warranty problem, will they give me lip about it being over 90 days? The warranty doesn't say anything about this kind of mistake!

I know if they don't make me happy the Better Business Bureau and half of the Internet will be hearing about this.
Old 04-07-2008, 01:27 AM
Leos06gtLL
3rd Gear Member

come on just say it since they are messing with you Galpin is the dealer you bought your car from and GAS messed up you cars suspension [:@]
Old 04-07-2008, 01:40 AM
r3velation
4th Gear Member

i bought my car from galpin and the dealer tried to set me up with gas to get some stuff done. i originally wanted the 18 inch fanblades on my car. they didn't have it at the dealership so they called gas and the dealer said he'd give me a steal on these wheels. writes down a number and i'm like wtf are you smoking?!?!?!? then he's like it'll cost you 600 just to put them on and balance it. i said wow eff this, give me the keys and just left.

600 was for 3 hours of labor. wheels were quoted at 1900

if you want to go to a respectable shop that's not too far from westwood ( you said you were walking distance), hike onto the 405, and exit western, make a left off exit, make right at first stop sign, make right at del-amo blvd, stop when you see 10 mustangs. his name's joe.
Old 04-07-2008, 01:40 AM
MD07gtcs
1st Gear Member

That sux hope everything works out for you.
Old 04-07-2008, 11:10 AM
Legion5
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: r3velation

i bought my car from galpin and the dealer tried to set me up with gas to get some stuff done. i originally wanted the 18 inch fanblades on my car. they didn't have it at the dealership so they called gas and the dealer said he'd give me a steal on these wheels. writes down a number and i'm like wtf are you smoking?!?!?!? then he's like it'll cost you 600 just to put them on and balance it. i said wow eff this, give me the keys and just left.

600 was for 3 hours of labor. wheels were quoted at 1900

if you want to go to a respectable shop that's not too far from westwood ( you said you were walking distance), hike onto the 405, and exit western, make a left off exit, make right at first stop sign, make right at del-amo blvd, stop when you see 10 mustangs. his name's joe.
That's weird, my friend paid $500 for the fablades with tires, he got the tires for free by giving the installer the wheels, the instal cost $6 per wheel including balancing and new TPMS bands. The total was $530, that's weird they wanted to charge you $2500 considering the option only costs $899 (so 899+400 for your wheels which you keep would be the max).
Old 04-07-2008, 02:40 PM
r3velation
4th Gear Member

yeah that's what i said, and that's also why i just said eff it, i'm out.
Old 04-07-2008, 03:12 PM
schapman
4th Gear Member

I'd agree the shop that wanted to charge you $1900 + $600 for the 18" fanblades was very high. But the above $530 is very low for a set of new wheel and tires. just look at tirerack and the low prices tires run $130 up. 130x4=$520 with a$200 per wheel thats $800+520=$1320
Old 04-07-2008, 03:26 PM
lrgnation
4th Gear Member

Call eibach the springs are said to be the same rate in the front...So I wont doubt if you still have that "floating" feeling in the front until you change to dspecs or equivalent.
Old 04-07-2008, 03:56 PM
schapman
4th Gear Member

are you saying they are exactly the same spring? If so, why would they have 2 part numbers for V8 or V6?
I can see the rears being the same but i question the front.

Quick Reply: They gave me the wrong Pro-Kit!