Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

supercharger gurus needed!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2005, 10:05 AM
n4ggs
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: supercharger gurus needed!!

ORIGINAL: kcshaner

ORIGINAL: n4ggs

he sounds like an idiot. one of those guys who thinks that only j@p engines can take psi. if he is 600 hp with only 1 turbo hes has turbo lag all to hell. has he actually dynoed it or is that bs tuner HP?

ORIGINAL: lostsoul

I have a friend with a fast supra and he tells me that the mustang CAN NOT be reliable with a supercharger! I told him hes full of it.. but he was talking about compression and cylinders. can someone please give me a general run down of how it can be reliable.
sounds like he was talking about the compression ratio. if he said that its to high he is an idiot.
Supras with a single turbo will make much more power up top while maintaining a similar low RPM boost #'s, with a properly sized turbo driveability is even better. Supras can make sick power but they suck at launching....I have seen 1/4 numbers where they run 11's with nearly a 140mph trap speed!

I raced a TT Supra and it had around 775 RWHP (he has since gone with a single set up and is almost at 1,000 at the rear wheels...its sick) and won one and lost one (I am only at 570RWHP) they are really not set up for the strip.

As far as a blower goes IMO DON NOT GO OVER 8 LBS OF BOOST EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Make sure its intercooled or you run a water/methonal injection to cool down the air charge, get larger (approximately 42lb) injectors, and get a Walbro fuel pump or add a Kenne Bell Boost a Pump to your factory pump. Then get a safe tune and keep the boost down and you can drive it forever.
there is no way a turbo car can produce over 300 hp per liter with only one turbo and not lag like ****. the whole point of twin turbos is to eliminate lag. the supra has them in series. basicly, at low rpm/trottle the small turbo is doing all the work while the waste gate on the big one is open, at medium rpm/throttle the big turbo takes over and the small one takes a break, at max rpm/throttle both turbos are working at max. impossible for one super big turbo to offer more versitility than the TT setup. it doesnt show up on the dyno but it shows up on the track, hence 775 hp loses to 570 hp. no replacement for displacement, the closest thing is a positive displacement sc. but even that has drawbacks.
Old 04-16-2005, 10:07 AM
n4ggs
2nd Gear Member

I guess what I was looking for was something technical to shove in his face and say seee!!
without knowing what he said we cant really give you any counter arguements.
Old 04-16-2005, 04:50 PM
TwenTurbos

ORIGINAL: Shifty

even with the sc I dont think I can beat him.. this guys dont everything to his car.. single turbo.. he got to be clost to 600
Supra's are just dyno queens.

Thats the dumbest comment ive herd to date on almost anyforum on the net... honestly, im not flaming, but lag is really overrated, most single supra make serious power @ or by 3500 and the curve only goes up from there, as for the dyno queen comment, you obvisouly dont look into the supra community very much huh? Marko D has a 1520 whp daily driven Supra running 8s, (100% full weight) Ryan woon 9.3 / 1.460ft street car (****ty run/tires No nitrous), Duy 9.9 on BL stock auto on DR's, Peter B. 9.6 with 300whp of power untapped, i can go all day with sub 9 second cars, his lag really depends on the turbo he is running along with many other endless factors but even with your SC you wont be able to run him down (if he has 600whp) unless he really cant drive...mustangs can be really fast street / strip cars, all you need is fuel and a tune and your stock internal stang will be fine
Old 04-16-2005, 07:39 PM
lostsoul
4th Gear Member

Dont get me wrong.. hes not cocky about his car and hell I have sweat under it too.. hes completely dont all most everything to it but a damn tune and dyno..haha.. Hes just saying that basic he doesnt think a car "not made for pressure" cant run for a long time.. I think hes trying to protect me from not blowing my warrenty since its a new car.. but hell.. you guys are right.. as long as I dont go ver the line I dont see an issue.. just get the procharger, tune and maybe 4.10s and that will be it for me.. I dont think I'm going to hit the strip much if at all. Thanks for the info guys..
Old 04-16-2005, 07:51 PM
Shifty
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: TwenTurbos

even with the sc I dont think I can beat him.. this guys dont everything to his car.. single turbo.. he got to be clost to 600

Thats the dumbest comment ive herd to date on almost anyforum on the net... honestly, im not flaming, but lag is really overrated, most single supra make serious power @ or by 3500 and the curve only goes up from there, as for the dyno queen comment, you obvisouly dont look into the supra community very much huh? Marko D has a 1520 whp daily driven Supra running 8s, (100% full weight) Ryan woon 9.3 / 1.460ft street car (****ty run/tires No nitrous), Duy 9.9 on BL stock auto on DR's, Peter B. 9.6 with 300whp of power untapped, i can go all day with sub 9 second cars, his lag really depends on the turbo he is running along with many other endless factors but even with your SC you wont be able to run him down (if he has 600whp) unless he really cant drive...mustangs can be really fast street / strip cars, all you need is fuel and a tune and your stock internal stang will be fine
It's sad that he has 1500 rwhp and he's only running 8's. THAT'S WHY THEY'RE DYNO QUEENS. Think for 1 second please. Maybe you shoulda bought a supra seeing as they really seem to get you off.
Old 04-16-2005, 08:09 PM
ZachW04Stang
5th Gear Member

It's sad that he has 1500 rwhp and he's only running 8's. THAT'S WHY THEY'RE DYNO QUEENS. Think for 1 second please. Maybe you shoulda bought a supra seeing as they really seem to get you off.
Thats actually pretty impressive. It takes some serious power to get into the single digits. And the cars a daily driver so that makes it even more impressive. I'm not an import guy and they don't really interest me but they can still be made incredibly fast even with there small displacement.
Old 04-16-2005, 08:11 PM
Shifty
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ZachW04Stang

Thats actually pretty impressive. It takes some serious power to get into the single digits. And the cars a daily driver so that makes it even more impressive. I'm not an import guy and they don't really interest me but they can still be made incredibly fast even with there small displacement.
People with a lot less horsepower have gotten into the 7's with V8's. And I'm sure he doesn't drive around with a tune that gives him the 1500. They're usually running way over 20psi to make that kind of power.
Old 04-17-2005, 01:46 AM
TwenTurbos

I do have a 97TT 6Spd... Marko runs 8's, full weight daily driven street car, with countless other sub 9sec cars in the community, i was just stating some facts, in no way are they just dyno queens...
Old 04-17-2005, 07:17 PM
n4ggs
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: TwenTurbos

supras are dyno queens, those supras your talking about would all suck *** around a street course, the lag kills you when your trying to get power down out of a corner.