Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

showcar or under the radar?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2008, 11:24 PM
VictoriaRR
4th Gear Member

Default RE: showcar or under the radar?

ORIGINAL: MadMoose

I've never been pulled over and there's a TON of police around here. I'm speeding (~5 over) most of the time too and have pretty loud exhaust.

I'm curious to see if I'll get more attention when I tint the car in a couple weeks here
My car seems to be pretty similar to yours.

I, too, have never been pulled over or gotten a ticket in my Mustang. I think it mainly boils down to whether or not you're speeding at a rate that would make a cop decide to pull you over. I have the MRT AeroTurbine as well and I haven't had any trouble with the cops.
Old 04-09-2008, 07:50 AM
chain1
4th Gear Member

5mph over isn't going to get you pulled over no matter what you drive.
Old 04-09-2008, 08:02 AM
Rdot9
DubStep Stu

I dont have any problems with my car, Most of the cops in town are pretty cool and like my car, but even in other places i get a thumbs up or a nod from other cops. Do what you want, dont let things like worrying about cops change your decision.
Old 04-09-2008, 08:26 AM
okbfd
4th Gear Member

Yes, it's a cop magnet..............oh well...............
Old 04-09-2008, 09:29 AM
crashed1st2

i was pretty conservative with the darkness of my tint because i didnt want to **** off cops. i got pulled over in my old mustang doing 85 in 55 and the cop gave my a "too many fog light ticket" because the said that he "knows how hard it is to keep your foot of the pedal." thats the only time i got away with a speeding ticket because i was driving fast.
Old 04-09-2008, 09:31 AM
Joolander
Lord High Protector

you can get a ticket for too many foglights?
Old 04-09-2008, 09:54 AM
waykooljr
3rd Gear Member

The cops look, I give a friendly wave and usually get one back.

I don't think it matters so muchhow the car looks, what matters is how you drive it, you play, you pay!

I've had several police attractors and can honestly say that anytime I got pulled over, I deserved it whether it was for a warning or a ticket.
Old 04-09-2008, 10:25 AM
abrush
3rd Gear Member

Well, I used to think that it didn't really matter how many aftermarket parts you had on your mustang would make a difference getting pulled over until I got stopped for doing 15mph on gravel. The reason??? I was going too slow. Basically it boiled down to the cop seeing my car pull off the highway on my gravel road (1/4 mile to my house) and thought I was drinking. I think he felt pretty stupid when I pointed my house up ahead and proceeded to tell him that I always drive that slow on gravel so I don't get rock chips on my car.
Old 04-09-2008, 10:27 AM
wingman75
5th Gear Member

When I got my stripes I felt like my car was screaming pull me over. But after a year or so I have never been stopped even though at times I have deserved it. I drive defensively and am very aware of my surroundings but the police have adapted new tactics that can catch you off guard.

I made a sudden manoeuver one time crossing 3 lanes of traffic to get into the left lane so I could make a left turn and I looked over to my right, from out of nowhere, here's a plainly marked cruiser pacing me. I looked at him and he just looked straight ahead and just went on his way. I wasn't going overly fast, but it was an abrupt change of lanes, so it was a relief and a close call.

My advice is to do what you want and just be cautious and aware of your surroundings on the road.
Old 04-09-2008, 10:35 AM
StowesStang
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: waykooljr

The cops look, I give a friendly wave and usually get one back.

I don't think it matters so muchhow the car looks, what matters is how you drive it, you play, you pay!

I've had several police attractors and can honestly say that anytime I got pulled over, I deserved it whether it was for a warning or a ticket.
I couldnt agree more!!!!!!!!!!! If you givea cop a reason, he'sgonna pull you over, regardless of what you drive and how it looks And some are worse then others; we allknow how that game plays!! lol

Quick Reply: showcar or under the radar?