Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Loudest Exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 10:07 PM
Aziraphale
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Loudest Exhaust?

Try the axle backs first ... some of them get pretty loud and your emissions legal. If not, there are high flow cat mid-pipes you can buy that might increase the volume some.

If the Bassani Race's aren't loud enough, go to slp. I've heard some Bassani's in person and they sounded pretty sweet. Not sure if they were the race's though.
Old 04-09-2008, 10:10 PM
TOMBSTANG
5th Gear Member

I would recomend just getting a o/r pipe and keeping your stock one for emission testing time, its only a 30 min install with ramps or jack stands.

If not thenI would say go with slp or boom tubes. Or just some welded tips with someresonators added in. Theres not many set ups besides the 2 I just stated that will actually be that lod with the stock mid pipe.

Bassani is actually one of the only set ups that has avoided me in person. if you can get us a video clip[8D]
Old 04-09-2008, 10:14 PM
GT/SRT
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: TOMBSTANG

I would recomend just getting a o/r pipe and keeping your stock one for emission testing time, its only a 30 min install with ramps or jack stands.

If not thenI would say go with slp or boom tubes. Or just some welded tips with someresonators added in. Theres not many set ups besides the 2 I just stated that will actually be that lod with the stock mid pipe.

Bassani is actually one of the only set ups that has avoided me in person. if you can get us a video clip[8D]
Sure...it will be next week though, I'm out of town right now, but when I get back I'll put them on and get some sound.

I'm hoping they sound pretty good...the only other option I'm thinking of is having an exhaust shop I've used before take the factory cats off and replace them with high flow cats. That should help the sound.

I know I sound like a prude...but I've had an illegal car for too long...I don't wanna run with an o/r pipe because, yes I could replace it when it was emissions time, but if I get pulled over I don't feel like a ticket. Besides...I just got the car and noticed that my inspection is up in May...so it would be a terrible idea right now anyway.

I'm hoping the high flow cat option would make it better...anybody have any idea what the x pipe converter does from Pypes? It doesn't remove the cats, it just replaces the factory h pipe with an x pipe...installs just behind the cats.
Old 04-09-2008, 11:01 PM
sailing220
4th Gear Member

LTs, O/R Prochamber, Boomtubes.
Old 04-09-2008, 11:07 PM
MustangChris04
5th Gear Member

LT Headers Of road H pipe and MAGNAPACKS!!!!!
Old 04-09-2008, 11:19 PM
PiggySmallz
3rd Gear Member

I have slp and o/r x pipe and it wakes the dead, there is not a set up I have heared yet that is as loud as it.

Dont waste your money on the borlas they are not even close to been loud with a pro chamber or a o/r h pipe I even heared them with a AR LT o/r x and they were still nothing compared to slp .
you do realize Loudmouths and Stingers do not belong in the same category right? The loudmouths are not a straight through muffler like the stingers...They are a muffler delete, ofcourse they'll be much louder.

EDIT: Steeda Axlebacks pop a lot when you let off the throttle
Old 04-10-2008, 12:07 AM
projectbrembo
2nd Gear Member

I am using MAC axle back exhaust. Pretty loud for me but there is also a drone at about 2000 rpm.
Old 04-10-2008, 12:28 AM
TOMBSTANG
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: PiggySmallz

I have slp and o/r x pipe and it wakes the dead, there is not a set up I have heared yet that is as loud as it.

Dont waste your money on the borlas they are not even close to been loud with a pro chamber or a o/r h pipe I even heared them with a AR LT o/r x and they were still nothing compared to slp .
you do realize Loudmouths and Stingers do not belong in the same category right? The loudmouths are not a straight through muffler like the stingers...They are a muffler delete, ofcourse they'll be much louder.

EDIT: Steeda Axlebacks pop a lot when you let off the throttle
yes i do know but he asked for loud and the borlas arent anything close to that compared to other set ups. They are actually very timid compared to most. the video dont lie when the cars are side by side. the pypes violaters with catted x are even alot louder then the borlas with a o/r pipe, alot is a understatement too
Old 04-10-2008, 12:33 AM
brendend
4th Gear Member

cats clean up the sound alot. if you run straight pipe use a catted crossover...
Old 04-10-2008, 12:39 AM
TOMBSTANG
5th Gear Member

I can barely tell the diff bewtween the slp with high flow catted x compared to the o/r x . Basically identicall. For the small amount of diff it makes IMO its a waste of money rather have the extra 2.8 ponies,lol

Quick Reply: Loudest Exhaust?