Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Loudest Exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 12:36 PM
EmperorOfChicken
5th Gear Member

Default Loudest Exhaust?

hey you guys, i have an 07 shelby gt/sc and it has the stock shelby exhaust on it, stock exhaust manifolds, ford racing x pipe and FRPP mufflers. it sounds pretty nasty under wide open throttle but still, its too quiet for me. i want loud. REALLY. ****IN. LOUD. i dont want to run straight pipes or anything, but what do you guys recommend as a good x pipe/muffler set up? im also looking at some long tubes, SLP, BBK or Kooks, i really like the BBKs cuz...i can afford them[8D] anyway, any help is appreciated! thanks guys.
Old 04-09-2008, 12:47 PM
buffguy
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Loudest Exhaust?

SLP Loud mouth with o/r h pipe
Old 04-09-2008, 01:03 PM
1968Shelby

Take a Sawsall and cut the goddamn pipes off right as they go into the catalytic converter. If that ain't loud enough for you, then add the tailpipe whistler that goes WOOOOOOOOOO-WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
Old 04-09-2008, 01:24 PM
PiggySmallz
3rd Gear Member

if you don't want to go the straight pipe route, avoid SLP loudmouths. They are a muffler delete. My borla stingers with an off road prochamber are pretty damn loud. Do you care if it's raspy or pops? A lot of exhausts can be loud, but they are also raspy. My stinger and off road prochamber are loud and deep. Stingers with an Off Road H are deep too....I would go with Kooks Longtubes or American Racing (they are the best in terms of fit and finish), an off road H and FRPP Stingers being they are identical to the Borlas. (the only difference is the borlas have a 4 inch tip and the frpp stingers have a 3.5 inch tip. They are both made by borla though)
Old 04-09-2008, 09:39 PM
EmperorOfChicken
5th Gear Member

a buddy of mine has an LS2 goat and when he down shifts and just lets off the gas it has a lot of poppin and ****, it sounds freakin BADASS. how do i get that?
Old 04-09-2008, 09:43 PM
Aziraphale
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: buffguy

SLP Loud mouth with o/r h pipe
Don't do that ... yes it's loud but it's straight pipe and sounds like poo.

Start with something like the stingers if you don't mind drone. If you want it louder, add an offroad H.
Old 04-09-2008, 09:53 PM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: EmperorOfChicken

a buddy of mine has an LS2 goat and when he down shifts and just lets off the gas it has a lot of poppin and ****, it sounds freakin BADASS. how do i get that?
the boomtubes pop on decceleration, i like that too, you get that from a straight thru muffler. add in some LT's , o/r x or prochamber and you'll have one loud freakin stang that'll wake the dead at WOT, and sound nice and deep when you're not.
Old 04-09-2008, 09:54 PM
acascianelli
5th Gear Member

LT headers, O/R X or H pipe, and SLP loudmouths.
Old 04-09-2008, 10:02 PM
TOMBSTANG
5th Gear Member

I have slp and o/r x pipe and it wakes the dead, there is not a set up I have heared yet that is as loud as it.

Dont waste your money on the borlas they are not even close to been loud with a pro chamber or a o/r h pipe I even heared them with a AR LT o/r x and they were still nothing compared to slp . Pypes mid muffler with just a o/r x pipe is alot louder. If you want deep go with macs.

People swear by there borlas but I have a video i shot with about 7 cars lined up side by side and with other set ups beside the borlas they dont sound very mean at all, maybe when you are around a scion on honda ya they do. The slp with stock h are louder then the borlas with a o/r pipe even.

The black car then the white roush are the cars with borlas if ya dont belivee my borla bash listen for yourself. you can even hear the borla owner say rev it more rev it more, man thats not very loud[8D]simple because there were other cars around that are loud. all of them will pop with a o/r pipe too basically some just louder then others.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7A2IG7PajcQ

Herea a video with the slp, they are on the black car with the white unpainted hood half way through he revs it and you can hear them.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDHcC...eature=related
Old 04-09-2008, 10:04 PM
GT/SRT
3rd Gear Member

And how would the person who wants to remain emissions legal make the car a lot louder?

I have some Bassani Race axle backs that will be at my house tomorrow. I know I could get an o/r h or x but I refuse to remove the catalytic converters. How can I make it louder without taking the cats off...

Quick Reply: Loudest Exhaust?