Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Experiencing Wheel Hop?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 12:42 AM
dlarge122878
2nd Gear Member

Default Experiencing Wheel Hop?

If you have a 2005, 2006, 2007, or 2008 Mustang GT with a stock suspension; and you would like to know how to completely eliminate wheelhop, you're search has ended. All you have to do is google BMR Fabrications, click on the first link that appears, click order online, click 2005-2008 Ford Mustang, and order the Anti-Wheel Hop kit. I suggest that you keep the silicone grease cartridge as part of the order because your local parts store probably isn't going tocarry it ( I went to Auto Zone, Kragen, and Napa, none of themhada silicone basedgrease as stated in BMR's installationguide). According to BMR, you need to use a Silicone "based" grease or "lube" to lubricate the polyurethane bushings on their control arms. You will also need a grease gun to apply the silicone based grease to your bushings. BMR will send you two packages...one is the relocation brackets and the other is the control arms. Each box has a set of directions and will have you bouncing back and forth for instructions. The installation is simple stupid so don't let their instructions confuse you. Im not going to go over every single step because this is such an easy install, but I will give you a heads up before you receive your BMR kit and look at the instructions like wtf? Use a lift and position the arms under the frame in front of the stock control arms, or jack up the car from the rear using a jack positioned under the differential and place two jack stands under the car in front of the stock control arms. Remove both rear tires and disconnect the brake lines from the calipersusing a small flat head screw driver to pry up on the "T" at the end of the brake line. Do not drop both stock control arms at the same time. Start with the Drivers side and once thats done move to the passengers side. I found it easier to to just slide the relocation bracket on, throw the BMR bolt through the middle as a pivot, install the BMR control arm, and then secure the top of the relocation bracket. If you completely secure the top of the relocation bracket, you may have difficulty aligning the control arm to the relocaton bracket. Ohhhhh one last thing that will help you alot....The relocation brackets have little notches cut out for the rear sway bar so you can easily figure out which bracket goes on which side. Thats it..........Torque all the control arm bolts to 130 ft lbs. as specified by BMR, re-connect your brake lines,and put your tires back on.By the way BMR supplies 5 washers with their kit but they don't tell you to install them in either of the instructions ( You make the call on that one ). At least they tell you to install the sleeves supplied. THE RESULTS FROM THIS KIT WILL BLOW YOUR F***** MIND. I feel this mod was worth every penny spentand Iwould highly recommend it to anyone who wants to "stop the hop".

[IMG]local://upfiles/95312/84D6DE950F2A45A9AD03C9C4830C6A81.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/95312/9B9476BEDFCA4670AF35780CCDA4EF04.jpg[/IMG]
Old 04-11-2008, 09:11 AM
DarkFireGT
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Experiencing Wheel Hop?

If you are not lowered, you should not have the LCA's on the lowest setting if you drive your car much on the street. For street driving, you want the LCA parallel to the ground, or just slightly lower in the rear. With having the rear that low, your ride will be a lot more harsh. Even with being lowered 1.4" in the back, my LCA's have quite an angle on the lower setting and it definitely makes the ride harsh.
Old 04-11-2008, 09:47 AM
lucki96gt
3rd Gear Member

Or, you could but som 18x10 or 20x10 in the rear with some 285+ tires and have no more wheel hop. My first time experiencing wheel hope was when I was all stock in the rain, scared the **** out of me, but once I got the 20's= no more wheel hop!
Old 04-11-2008, 09:57 AM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Autozone has it, it's with the polyurethane bushings, not with the other grease. They only sell it in the little packages and it's $4 or $5 for a pack of 4, maybe 6.

My BMR panhard bar bushings kept desentigrating so i sold it after the second set went bad, but they were nice enough to send me some more for free.
Old 04-11-2008, 10:01 AM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Lack of traction and wheel hop are two different things. With your 20's you probably don't have enough power anymore to cause your suspension to flex. I don't think it's possible to have wheel hop in the rain.

ORIGINAL: lucki96gt

Or, you could but som 18x10 or 20x10 in the rear with some 285+ tires and have no more wheel hop. My first time experiencing wheel hope was when I was all stock in the rain, scared the **** out of me, but once I got the 20's= no more wheel hop!
Old 04-11-2008, 10:02 AM
PiggySmallz
3rd Gear Member

i use mobil one fully synthetic grease...BMR said it's perfectly ok as long as their is no petroleum in it. The petroleum eats the bushings
Old 04-11-2008, 07:29 PM
dlarge122878
2nd Gear Member

Even with the LCA's on the lowest setting the Mustang still rides great ( way better than b4 )and does not jolt or clunk at all! I have the stock 17's and stock tires still on the car at the moment but I will soon put wider wheels and tires on the back. All I know is that b4 the Anti Wheel Hop kit was installed, I had wheel hop out the ***. Now I don't have wheel hop at all but I spin the wheels ( I hope 10" M/T ET's will helpfix this little problem ). Thnx for the info on where to find the grease at Auto Zone, I looked at every single canister and tube and could not find it. I even asked an Auto Zone employee if they had any and he said no. If Anyone has any questions on the install just shout and I will try to answer them the best I can.
Old 04-11-2008, 07:43 PM
Ford_Dude
5th Gear Member

dude how did you not see this

https://mustangforums.com/m_4177016/tm.htm

BTW heres a good pic of the kit
Old 04-11-2008, 09:06 PM
Pwny
4th Gear Member

I got the adj. combo LCA's, relo brackets and it cleared up the wheel hop perfectly. Now I just need some sticky rubber to really benefit.
Old 04-11-2008, 10:01 PM
thewarmachine
5th Gear Member

I'm not doing the LCA bracket because I don't want wheel hop when I floor it in reverse.

Quick Reply: Experiencing Wheel Hop?