Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sad Day=[

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 09:39 PM
Bkbulldog
2nd Gear Member

Default Sad Day=[

It hailed here and my car dont have a gargage to go in. Last nite i just sat by the window watching the hail hit my car=[. this morning i woke up and rushed out side to see what it did and sure enought there alot of dent all over the car , The hood, roof and on the side near the wing =[ Anyone know the best way to remove hail dents or should i just take it to the shop? Im asking because the deduckable on my insurance is high. Any help would be great.
Old 04-11-2008, 09:43 PM
MD07gtcs
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Sad Day=[

I would contanct insurance even with a high deductable. Hail damage is not cheap, dealerships ussualy wont even try to fix it they just drop the price on the vehicle (ALOT).
Old 04-11-2008, 09:52 PM
Bkbulldog
2nd Gear Member

good time to buy then lol cuzz alot of car got messed up on the lots it was all over the news =P ..... well if you want a hail damage car. Ya it sad to see my car like that
Old 04-11-2008, 09:53 PM
thewarmachine
5th Gear Member

I've heard that hail dents can pop back out when the surface of the car heats up....on dark colors especially. Of course, this isn't much comfort.
Old 04-11-2008, 09:59 PM
Bkbulldog
2nd Gear Member

Will the car be the same after the repair or will u still be able to see that it was once hail damaged?
Old 04-11-2008, 10:01 PM
Steven6095
3rd Gear Member

Sorry to hear.
Before I have taken a couple heavy rubber back thick rugs and put them on top of the car. It has worked on more than one occasion!
Old 04-11-2008, 10:44 PM
Bkbulldog
2nd Gear Member

Yep im prolly just going to have to call them tomarrow has any one eles has had there car damage by hail? If so after the repair did it look good as new? and how much was it to get it fixed
Old 04-11-2008, 11:23 PM
TPony
6th Gear Member

Yes, back in '99, while waiting to pick up my Ford ranger from the dealer, we had a hail storm...the dealer called me to tell me. I had dent marks all over...I mean..ALL over. They had a paintless dent repir guy and the job he did was awesome. It was like it never happened.
Old 04-11-2008, 11:27 PM
CAL SPC 2007
1st Gear Member

Find a paintless dent repair person. We have lots of hail damage at our dealerships from time to time. The right person can fix it and you will absolutely never be able to tell it ever even had a hint of a dent or ding. I have seen it so many times, and yet I am still amazed everytime. I have a pretty critical eye, and I can never tell where the damage was.

Call a dealer you trust and ask them who does their hail damage work. Then make a side deal with that person to do your car for a couple hundred bucks. These guys usualy work out of a van and have low overhead, so their costs are much much lower than a body shop.

Good luck, that sucks.

Old 04-11-2008, 11:40 PM
Ford_Dude
5th Gear Member

wow you live in Odessa

have you watched the NBC show Heros?

Quick Reply: Sad Day=[