Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kenne Bell out!

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2005, 11:54 PM
281GT
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Kenne Bell out!

I'd worry about the transmission. I read somewhere that the Tremec trans is only rated for 380 ft lbs of torque. Anyone know if this is true? If so I'd have to think twice about a supercharger without replacing the trans with something stronger.
Old 04-19-2005, 02:25 PM
Birdieman4
5th Gear Member

really??? everyone has been talking about all but prochager that requires tapping into the oil pan? if thats true then there might be toher options open.. hummm
None of the twin screw kits require tapping the oil pan. Only the Vortech and Paxton kits require this. The Procharger kit, as well as the twin screw kits have their own self-contained oil system.
I'd worry about the transmission. I read somewhere that the Tremec trans is only rated for 380 ft lbs of torque. Anyone know if this is true? If so I'd have to think twice about a supercharger without replacing the trans with something stronger.
The Tremec 3650 unit used in the 05 gt's is a pretty decent tranny for longevity. They are typically good and reliable to around 500 rwhp. The transmission isn't the weakest link. The connecting rods are. More than 450-ish rwhp on them is playing with fire.
Old 04-19-2005, 02:30 PM
GWFoos
2nd Gear Member

Is this true for automatics as well?
Old 04-19-2005, 02:33 PM
Birdieman4
5th Gear Member

The automatic will take a little less than the manual.
Old 04-19-2005, 08:03 PM
don_w
I ♥ Acer

The Saleen series 6 twin screw blower is the best positive displacment blower for the 05 that $ can buy at this point.
Birdieman... First of all, let me thank ypu for sharing your knowledge with all of us. I have one question for you... why is it that you prefer a twin-screw SC over a centrifigal-type SC? Like many others, I'm in the market for a SC and I want to make the right choice. Thanks.
Old 04-20-2005, 01:10 AM
Birdieman4
5th Gear Member

Birdieman... First of all, let me thank ypu for sharing your knowledge with all of us. I have one question for you... why is it that you prefer a twin-screw SC over a centrifigal-type SC? Like many others, I'm in the market for a SC and I want to make the right choice. Thanks.
I have owned and tuned a centrifugally blown car as well as a twin screw car. I have had a lot of time in both cars. The biggest reason why I say go twin screw is because of the much fatter powerband. A centrifugally supercharged car's hp is directly dependant to its rpm. A twin screw car isn't. Because the power comes in A LOT sooner in a twin screw car vs a centrifugal car, it makes it very streetable but very fast at the hit of the throttle. What I mean by that is you can haul *** all day in a twin screw car and never exceed 4000 rpms. In a centrifugal car, your big power starts at 4000 rpms. You get the power where you need it with a twin screw for the 4.6 motor- down low. But, you also get it in the mid to high range as well. With a centrifugal blower, you get it up high. As most peole with centrifugal blowen cars do, they add really short gears to help keep the car's rpms up high all the time. It makes the car less streetable. With a twin screw car, you can run taller gears and still get through your rpm range very quickly. I like having a freeway car, gear wise. -My personal preferance. The twin screw allows you to be able to have the best of both worlds.
Old 04-20-2005, 01:18 AM
silverbullit05
2nd Gear Member

man sounds like i will be getting a twin screw saleen series 6 as well. now i just have to wait on 75'000 miles or 7 years... (DEF 75,000 MILES) DON'T WANT TO VOID THE WARRENTY. even though every single mod i have done to my car i have done my self mostly so the aafe's dealer over here will not know what i have done. and i absolutly love working on my car!
Old 04-20-2005, 01:25 AM
silverbullit05
2nd Gear Member

i was in hopes of getting the funcional shaker hood when cdc released it for the public to buy. for a car that is going to be S/C would it be better to buy a hood whos scoups move cool air threw the eng compartment in sted of getting a ram scoup?like these
Old 04-20-2005, 01:28 AM
silverbullit05
2nd Gear Member

instead of these
Old 04-20-2005, 01:42 AM
Birdieman4
5th Gear Member

Yes.

Quick Reply: Kenne Bell out!