Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kenne Bell out!

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2005, 12:56 AM
showam1
I ♥ Acer

Default Kenne Bell out!

Just picked up a Mustangs and fast fords at the Local QT, In it they have a exclusive wit a blown 05 by kenne bell

Haven't read it yet, but the numbers at a glance look like a mirror image of whipple's 442.6 HP and 434.4 lb torque

sorry, that all I know right now

clarification:

whipple 442 RWHP 458 lb T
Kenne bell 442.6 RWHP 434.4 lb T
Saleen 400 HP 420 lb T They don't say if this is rear wheel on there site, i guess it is
Old 04-18-2005, 01:07 AM
GWFoos
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Kenne Bell out!

The e-mail I received back from the person on e-bay that is selling the Saleen Series VI blower said that the numbers were at the crank not at the rear wheel. It sounds a little ridiculous, but that is what he wrote in response to my direct question and it is what the Saleen s281sc is putting out as specs on their car. I think Birdieman is the person who is THE most knowledgable about this subject including the person selling it at e-bay.

I do like hearing about the KB setup, but I would be interested in hearing the numbers for the auto tranny as Whipple has put theirs out for the manual, but have not put out the auto sc yet as the transmission can't handle as much as the manual tranny.

Old 04-18-2005, 01:19 AM
showam1
I ♥ Acer

Ya, I cant see paying 4999.99 for saleen's SC if that is crank, but who knows, I would figure that it would be at least in the same ball park with whipple as they are both twin screw types

This article is very strange, it is comparing a 05 and a 67 both modified by the same speed shop "Performance West Group". Both cars are titled as GT/R-CODE, and you can't tell which one they are talking about and when, one is the 3 valve 4.6 and I guess the other is a 2 valve 4.6, both with Kenne Bell SCs on them.
The reason I posted it was that it is the first time I have seen numbers from a 05 3 valve from Kenne Bell
Old 04-18-2005, 02:04 AM
GWFoos
2nd Gear Member

KB has a great reputation, so I am interested. I want reliability AND hp/tq. Saleen gives both, but less hp/tq. KB will have to show some numbers from reliability testing on an auto tranny for me to feel safe with the numbers they are mentioning. Whipple is another of interest. I am only considering twin screw and KB, Whipple, and Saleen are the ones. I am sure Roush will come out with one and maybe ford (non Roush/Saleen). I have to wait awhile to get it, so I have time to wait on some research. I appreciate your information.
Old 04-18-2005, 03:10 AM
Birdieman4
5th Gear Member

clarification:

whipple 442 RWHP 458 lb T
Kenne bell 442.6 RWHP 434.4 lb T
Saleen 400 HP 420 lb T They don't say if this is rear wheel on there site, i guess it is
Here is the deal, guys. The Whipple and Kenne Bell are making those #'s running 9 lbs of boost. The Saleen blower is making 5 lbs of boost to make 400 crank hp. If you wanted to run 9 psi on the Saleen blower, you easily could. If you did, the Saleen blower would make as much or more rwhp as the KB or Whipple. But, the Saleen blower is the most efficient of the 3, because of a dual heat exchanger system. The gives the Saleen more potential. If the KB kit cost the same as the Saleen kit, I don't see why anybody would ever buy the KB kit. The Saleen series 6 twin screw blower is the best positive displacment blower for the 05 that $ can buy at this point.
Old 04-18-2005, 06:07 PM
silverbullit05
2nd Gear Member

this is all really good info... MAN i thought lostsoul would have his text all over this topic.../tease
Old 04-18-2005, 06:29 PM
lostsoul
4th Gear Member

hahah.. sorry silver.. I had sunday off.. (finally a single day off) wooo.. anyway, my 2 cent(home boy term). I dont know too much about SC internals so it would be hard for me to bs my way like I know anything at all.. that being said ummmm... I posted an area for the best prices.. so there is no need for this post.. .. and prochager you can remove and still keep your warenty .. it will be hard to hide a drilled hold in your oil pan ... woooooo who has the best deal for prochager?? also the SHM site I showed has a 6 rib belt.. but procharger talks of a 8 rib belt?? whats going onnn
Old 04-18-2005, 06:52 PM
showam1
I ♥ Acer

You asked about prices, this post isn't concerned with price, just performance, price was mentioned as an afterthought.
Oil pan holes?? these all (cept maybe the saleen?) have internal oiling systems, not using engine oil.
Old 04-18-2005, 07:16 PM
lostsoul
4th Gear Member

really??? everyone has been talking about all but prochager that requires tapping into the oil pan? if thats true then there might be toher options open.. hummm
Old 04-18-2005, 07:17 PM
td1320
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GWFoos

KB has a great reputation, so I am interested. I want reliability AND hp/tq. Saleen gives both, but less hp/tq. KB will have to show some numbers from reliability testing on an auto tranny for me to feel safe with the numbers they are mentioning. Whipple is another of interest. I am only considering twin screw and KB, Whipple, and Saleen are the ones. I am sure Roush will come out with one and maybe ford (non Roush/Saleen). I have to wait awhile to get it, so I have time to wait on some research. I appreciate your information.
Heat is the number 1 killer of automatic transmissions and I say put a good after market trans cooler on and it should be fine. It's not like you will be wide open max trq all the time.

Quick Reply: Kenne Bell out!