Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I got ticket last night for loud exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2008, 08:54 AM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Default RE: I got ticket last night for loud exhaust

Actually, let me be the first to offer you congratulations. It MUST sound darn good!
Old 04-18-2008, 09:24 AM
loots06
5th Gear Member

Yeap, bored.
Old 04-18-2008, 09:32 AM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

you should get us some sound clips
Old 04-18-2008, 09:35 AM
SuperSonic05
3rd Gear Member

Daniel, I have to look at the ticket agian but I didn't see the option to go to court. and then I would have to take a day off work for a $25 ticket. So, I'd lost $180 for not working. I hate this.

Nuke, Thanks you I love the way it sounds. I had a guy in a blazer, complement me on it yesterday.
Old 04-18-2008, 09:40 AM
SuperSonic05
3rd Gear Member

americanmusle- I'll try to get some up this weekend
Old 04-18-2008, 09:45 AM
Eric261
2nd Gear Member

Remember in court the officer has to prove your guilt. (hopefully you didnt admit to it being an afermarket exhaust) This is what you should do first of all if you want to beat the ticket it's pretty simple

Never admit the exhuast is not factory dont lie just dont answer the questions ya know 5th amendment and hopefilly you are willing to go to court and fight it out there the judge should dismiss your case. Just remember that in court you cannot testify or else you would have to admit its aftermarket because your under oath.
The officer will testify first and then after hes done you will move or motion to have the case dismissed based upon insufficient evidence, because the officer has no evidence your exhuast is not stock or comparable to stock and he cant prove its louder than STOCK Remember in court The officer has to PROVE your guilty if you admit to your exhuast being aftermarket your done for and will get convicted just never admit to it because its your right not to testify against yourself if you dont want to.
I mean what is he gonna do bring a video of your car and a sound clip of a stock ford mustang!!?!?!?!?!? No. Just remember dont admit that it was an aftermarket exhaust or else that is going to get you convicted with the officers testimony. Otherwise it should get dropped. Hope this helps

Old 04-18-2008, 09:52 AM
abrush
3rd Gear Member

Dang, I need your exhaust set-up! That sucks that you got pulled over but at least you didn't get a fix it ticket where they make you take it off and put on a proper exhaust in which you have to have inspected once it is switched.
Old 04-18-2008, 10:15 AM
Heavyg72
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Nuke

Actually, let me be the first to offer you congratulations. It MUST sound darn good!
+1 I was going to say the same thing...I am proud!!!! But not that you are got a BS ticket. It just must sound great!
Old 04-18-2008, 10:24 AM
timothyrw
3rd Gear Member

this is terrible advice.

you forgot to mention that civil infractions require a standard of proof termed preponderence of the evidence. that means 51%.

that means the state only needs to proveyou more likely then not violated the law.

no evidence? the officer's testimony is evidence!

and if it comes down to he said vs. he said, guess who isgonna win?

and guess who's gonna end up paying court costs and a possibly increased fine?

all over $25 when he is guilty in the first place?!

i've got illegal tint on my car. it's ILLEGAL! if i get pulled over for it am i gonna bitch and complain? no. it's illegal! it's a chance i take.

when i get a speeding ticket i pay it. i took a chance, i got caught. i'm not going to go on about how the world is out to get me and cops have nothing better to do... it IS what they do!

good grief... get over it!

ORIGINAL: Eric261

Remember in court the officer has to prove your guilt. (hopefully you didnt admit to it being an afermarket exhaust) This is what you should do first of all if you want to beat the ticket it's pretty simple

Never admit the exhuast is not factory dont lie just dont answer the questions ya know 5th amendment and hopefilly you are willing to go to court and fight it out there the judge should dismiss your case. Just remember that in court you cannot testify or else you would have to admit its aftermarket because your under oath.
The officer will testify first and then after hes done you will move or motion to have the case dismissed based upon insufficient evidence, because the officer has no evidence your exhuast is not stock or comparable to stock and he cant prove its louder than STOCK Remember in court The officer has to PROVE your guilty if you admit to your exhuast being aftermarket your done for and will get convicted just never admit to it because its your right not to testify against yourself if you dont want to.
I mean what is he gonna do bring a video of your car and a sound clip of a stock ford mustang!!?!?!?!?!? No. Just remember dont admit that it was an aftermarket exhaust or else that is going to get you convicted with the officers testimony. Otherwise it should get dropped. Hope this helps

Old 04-18-2008, 10:31 AM
SuperSonic05
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Blue 05 Mustang
Is they any way of quitting down my MM?
I did ask a tech question.

Quick Reply: I got ticket last night for loud exhaust