Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TurboHorsePower.com Turbos...

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2008, 10:11 AM
S197steve
4th Gear Member

Default TurboHorsePower.com Turbos...

I've searched around on here and haven't really found anything about the www.turbohorsepower.com kits...

Does anyone have any experience with them? The look like they have great power results and are a heck of alot cheaper than the Hellion or Turbonetics kits...

Old 04-21-2008, 10:54 AM
S197steve
4th Gear Member

Default RE: TurboHorsePower.com Turbos...

Anybody... ?
Old 04-21-2008, 11:15 AM
whtcanbrwnd04u
5th Gear Member

http://ststurbo.com/mustang_gt_single_turbo

I think these are around the same price.
Old 04-21-2008, 11:48 AM
Wildmatt
1st Gear Member

The single turbo kit is NON-INTERCOOLED. That is part of the reason it is so cheap.
Old 04-21-2008, 12:00 PM
Dex
5th Gear Member

STS base kit doesnt come with anything really.
Old 04-21-2008, 12:15 PM
retfr8flyr
3rd Gear Member

I have the Twin kit from THP and it is a very good kit. Jim Napier is the man at THP and he is great to work with and puts out a quality product. He will build all of his kits with whatever changes, from the base setup, which may be necessary to give you whatever level of power you are looking for. I highly recommend THP to anyone looking for a turbo setup.

Earl
Old 04-22-2008, 08:22 AM
MustangGT0405
5th Gear Member

I called him when I was doing my FI research. Real good guy and answered all of my questions. The base kit looks like a great deal, it was $3500 when I was looking, but by the time you add everything else you need. Mafia, Intercooler, Fuel pumps, Elec Boost controller, etc, it gets to be big bucks like all the major SC kits. I dont know if you are cross shopping though with those. Also IMO, turbo's require a custom tune from someone who really knows what he is doing, SC's you can generally get by mail order.

I did tons of research and IMO, the #1 kit is the Hellion (if the limited ground clearance is ok), #2 THP.

One thing to note on the HP quotes and dyno'syou see for turbos is they read high. Without going into a big explanation the Dyno correction factors favor turbo's, especially at altitude (believe THP is in NM). Real world numbers at sea level will be "lower"ie more inline with other turbo kits and SC's at the same boost level.

Good luck FI, is fun and addicting. Make sure you do tons of research before you drop the $$, it gets expensive real quick. Figure $1-2K more than you think for incidentals. (Gauges, clutch, suspension, etc) It all comes with the FI game.
Old 04-22-2008, 08:28 AM
Black05StangGT
3rd Gear Member

I was actually going to order from them but went with HP Performance and that was a big mistake...they dragged me along for 7 weeks and I never got anything but excuses...Turbohorsepower was who I should have gone with...in the end I just went with the procharger because it was the product I had the most experience with...From the looks of everything they have some nice kits though...
Old 04-22-2008, 09:51 AM
S197steve
4th Gear Member

Thanks for the info guys. I actually have a bit of experience with the Hellion kit, two of my good friends have them and they are great quality. The one major concern I have with the Hellion is the location of the piping, reduces ground clearance quite a bit.

I am currently looking at all optionsincluding turbo, roots s/c, centrifigual s/c etc... my friend has a paxton novi on his 05 and it's been great as well. But right now I think I'm leaning towards the turbo as it seems to be a bit less 'intrusive' for every day driving. Maybe that's just an impression I have and not the truth though.

I would like to get everything all done under $5k if possible, so that's really why I'm shopping around and am open to so many options. This looked like a great starting point, but I was a bit concerned that the THP kit would be somewhat incomplete and it sounds like it is.
Old 04-22-2008, 10:11 AM
Black05StangGT
3rd Gear Member

I would definitely call them to get the final pricing with intercooler...I think it would be well worth your time...I think their intercooled kit is still very reasonable...

Quick Reply: TurboHorsePower.com Turbos...