Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Loss of power after SLP LM install?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 08:51 AM
lucki96gt
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Loss of power after SLP LM install?

I didn't feel a lost I went from stock to Flowmaster American Thunder, then to SLP's. I really think that lost or gain will result in a off-road mid pipe because I think the CATS is responsible for a lot of the back pressure. I still can beat stock Charger R/T's, so I say it's not a lost worth worrying about!
Old 04-22-2008, 09:16 AM
TOMBSTANG
5th Gear Member

I run slp with a o/r xand didnt notice anything.I had the stock h pipe in for awhile to and the car felt slower to me but in reality it was all in my head. like somebody elses stated your not going to feel a 1% loss. Im pretty sure all its just cause the car is louder so you feel like you should be going faster. When i put my stock h back in I was driving fast as **** everywhere I went cause I felt like I couldnt hear my car anymore, was same case when my exhaust was stock to.
Old 04-22-2008, 02:41 PM
ThumperMX113
5th Gear Member

Do you have a sound clip of the LMs + O/R X?
Old 04-22-2008, 03:14 PM
ensit mike
2nd Gear Member

I thought the same thing but to be honest what i think it is, is the sound. Its so much louder you feel like it should be faster than it is. I have no mods other than the exhaust, as far as anything that would effect performance, and I have beatin every GT that has raced me. Dont know why but I do.
Old 04-22-2008, 03:24 PM
tungsten07
2nd Gear Member

+10,000 on the whole sound thing. There is now way anyone is going to feel a difference of 1-3 ft/lb of torque lost. This can definitely be arguable but i'm going to say it's impossible. However, you're driving around and you hear these mufflers justscreaming at like 4 grand wot and you just really feel like you should be going a ton faster... like you just threw on a blower. These things like I said just scream at wot once they hit 4 grand and get just nuts at like 5 grand. so yeah it's just your ears playing tricks on you i thought about the same thing when I got mine on.
Old 04-22-2008, 03:24 PM
TOMBSTANG
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ThumperMX113

no butI can get you one in the next couple days. ill pm you when its done or if this thread is stil lgoing post it in here.
Old 04-22-2008, 03:28 PM
Ultrashock
2nd Gear Member

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Dq1XIFRpfx8

So are you telling me that buy adding an O/R mid pipe and decreasing back pressure I'm LOSING power?
Old 04-22-2008, 03:32 PM
ThumperMX113
5th Gear Member

Is that your sound clip? If so, do you have any while driving? I'm seriously considering getting a O/R X Pipe but I need to be swayed. Also, what O/R X did you get?
Old 04-22-2008, 03:35 PM
Ultrashock
2nd Gear Member

Is that your sound clip? If so, do you have any while driving? I'm seriously considering getting a O/R X Pipe but I need to be swayed. Also, what O/R X did you get?
Nah that's prometheus prime's car. That's what mine sounds like though. If you do go with that setup make sure to get resonators...otherwise it will sound like crap.
Old 04-22-2008, 03:49 PM
DoctorQ
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: tungsten07

+10,000 on the whole sound thing. There is now way anyone is going to feel a difference of 1-3 ft/lb of torque lost. This can definitely be arguable but i'm going to say it's impossible. However, you're driving around and you hear these mufflers justscreaming at like 4 grand wot and you just really feel like you should be going a ton faster... like you just threw on a blower. These things like I said just scream at wot once they hit 4 grand and get just nuts at like 5 grand. so yeah it's just your ears playing tricks on you i thought about the same thing when I got mine on.
+1 to this... completely agree. It's a "perceived" loss of power based on what your ears are telling your brain.

Quick Reply: Loss of power after SLP LM install?