Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

pics of 35 window tint

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2008, 09:36 AM
MustangBatman1
4th Gear Member

Default RE: pics of 35 window tint

Thats some stiff tinting laws, whats the point of 50% when thats practically clear? (not making fun of you, just saying its a silly law)

It's 35% here in florida but I have 15 and I'm changing to 5 in a month, they're not strict about it down here, but when I was in NJ they would ticket you if you had 95% so I know where you're comming from

Old 04-29-2008, 09:56 AM
S197steve
4th Gear Member

Remember, our mustangs have about a 10% tint already built into the glass from the factory... so if you add 35% film you'll really have a 25% tint.

EDIT: Where are you guys getting this 5%-15% tint? From what I've been told there is no mass produced tint that dark available in the US. My local tinter informed the only tint below 35% you can find is a bootleg Korean company that makes really poor quality stuff...

Then again, I have no experience with it so I have no idea...
Old 04-29-2008, 10:02 AM
Mr. L
1st Gear Member

35% tint here - laws are pretty strict in CA, I would've liked to go 20% but I was a bit scared to go that dark - but I'm pretty happy with how the 35 turned out.

Old 04-29-2008, 10:03 AM
UberHax0r
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Steve O Chap

Remember, our mustangs have about a 10% tint already built into the glass from the factory... so if you add 35% film you'll really have a 25% tint.

EDIT: Where are you guys getting this 5%-15% tint? From what I've been told there is no mass produced tint that dark available in the US. My local tinter informed the only tint below 35% you can find is a bootleg Korean company that makes really poor quality stuff...

lmao, your "tinter" is misinformed and/or lying
Old 04-29-2008, 10:15 AM
chain1
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: UberHax0r

ORIGINAL: chain1

35 is for weenies. 5% is where it's at[8D]
Thank you. That's incredibly helpful. Feel free to avoid my future topics. I won't be offended.
don't get your panties in a bunch. 35% looks silly. it's barely dark, and 50% would be even worse.

here's a friendly tip: people on the internet have opinions that may differ wildly from your own.
Thanks for the heads up. Just show me what part of my topic was asking for an opinion and we'll be all set. Since you obviously don't have pics of a car with 35 tint, I'm not sure why you opened the thread, let alone responded to it. Perhaps the title wasn't specific enough for you??
Old 04-29-2008, 10:44 AM
S197steve
4th Gear Member

lmao, your "tinter" is misinformed and/or lying
Please explain...

My 'tinter' is one of the top shops in all of Houston... they've done well for themselves here. So I doubt they regularly lie to their customers.
Old 04-29-2008, 10:52 AM
UberHax0r
2nd Gear Member

Please explain...

My 'tinter' is one of the top shops in all of Houston... they've done well for themselves here. So I doubt they regularly lie to their customers.
what is there to explain? you can either buy 5% in the US or you can't. and since I've bought it, I'm leaning towards the fact that you can. I believe the shop uses Johnson Film brand tint, which is a very large and reputable dealer based in countless countries (including the USA).

ORIGINAL: chain1

Thanks for the heads up. Just show me what part of my topic was asking for an opinion and we'll be all set. Since you obviously don't have pics of a car with 35 tint, I'm not sure why you opened the thread, let alone responded to it. Perhaps the title wasn't specific enough for you??
you must have me mistaken for someone who gives a damn. i couldn't care less if you asked for my opinion, you started a topic on something I have an opinion on, so you're gonna get it . how about you be secure enough with what you do to your car that some random person's opinion doesn't bother you? if you want to do 35/50, go for it. but don't expect everyone to like it.

and for the record, your title was indeed not specific enough. I see no request for pictures in the title, so for all I know there may have been some pictures inside the thread. do you really want to argue semantics with someone as petty as me?

Old 04-29-2008, 10:56 AM
ThumperMX113
5th Gear Member

He's a jackass who is misinformed about his own profession or he's a liar. Llumnar is one of the top tint company. They produce virtually every percentage tint as well as all of the other big names like Matco etc. Llumnar has a water mark on their tint now so you know it's the real deal.
Old 04-29-2008, 11:42 AM
vtmustangs
3rd Gear Member

chain I got the same problem and I heard cops in Va around Richmond at least are strict as all get out. Talked to a tint place yesterday and they told me about a guy that got a tint ticket because his tint read 49% on the meter the cops have. If I was you I would go get the doctor's note so that you can have 35% all around. I think the tint guy also said that cops don't worry about checking the rear window so could go 20% rear and 35% up front.
Old 04-29-2008, 11:53 AM
ThumperMX113
5th Gear Member

Most of them use a meter that goes on both sides of the window so it's impossible to do it unless its on a moveable window. I've got 5% and a buddy of mine let him use the tint meter and it came up as 3%.

Quick Reply: pics of 35 window tint