Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NJ people with tinted windows?

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2008, 01:00 PM
jmy2469
1st Gear Member

Default NJ people with tinted windows?

How dark did you go? How often do you get pulled over just because your windows are tinted?
Thinking about getting my 08 convertible done. Thanks for the info.
Old 04-29-2008, 01:02 PM
PiggySmallz
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: NJ people with tinted windows?

ORIGINAL: jmy2469

How dark did you go? How often do you get pulled over just because your windows are tinted?
Thinking about getting my 08 convertible done. Thanks for the info.
I don't live in jersey but they will hassle you. They are worse there than in New York. I'm thinking about tints now, but I don't want tickets when I cruise through Jersey
Old 04-29-2008, 01:06 PM
jmy2469
1st Gear Member

I know what you mean. I see cars all over the place with the windows done,and dark too. Car would look great tinted, but I do not know if its going to be worth the hassle.
Old 04-29-2008, 01:09 PM
ThumperMX113
5th Gear Member

I love living in Florida !! 5% on the windows and 35% on the windshield.
Old 04-29-2008, 01:10 PM
PiggySmallz
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jmy2469

I know what you mean. I see cars all over the place with the windows done,and dark too. Car would look great tinted, but I do not know if its going to be worth the hassle.
yea the cars look great with tints, but I also have an off road pipe. All I need is one smart officer and I've got some problems lol
Old 04-29-2008, 01:19 PM
jayel579
2nd Gear Member

NJ tint laws allow you to tint only what is behind the drivers shoulder. Meaning on our cars, you can tint your third window and rear windshield. You can practically spray paint them black and you will be within the law. You cannot touch the side windows or front windshield.

http://www.promotorcarproducts.com/i...telawchart.pdf

Now as far as what the police will bug you for it is all up to them. But you are a more noticable car on the road when they are tinted and they will want to "check you out". I was going to get mine done but more and more I am leaning not to just because I do not want the hastle.
Old 04-29-2008, 01:37 PM
brendend
4th Gear Member

cops are horrible with tint here. this weekend my car club went to nopi, on our way 3 members got pulled over because of tint.
Old 04-29-2008, 01:47 PM
ink003
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jayel579

NJ tint laws allow you to tint only what is behind the drivers shoulder. Meaning on our cars, you can tint your third window and rear windshield. You can practically spray paint them black and you will be within the law. You cannot touch the side windows or front windshield.

http://www.promotorcarproducts.com/i...telawchart.pdf

Now as far as what the police will bug you for it is all up to them. But you are a more noticable car on the road when they are tinted and they will want to "check you out". I was going to get mine done but more and more I am leaning not to just because I do not want the hastle.
+1
i've lived in either north or south jersey for most of my life, so i'm familiar with the lay of the land and its cops. i played with the idea of tinting my stang as well, but decided against it. the cops here absolutely keep on the lookout for tint, and they will pull you over for it no doubt. imo, the mustang garners a decent amount of attention as it is; i don't need to grab a cop's eye unnecessarily just cuz i tinted my windows. i would advise against it.
Old 04-29-2008, 02:08 PM
rehtorb
1st Gear Member

I decided not to tint in NJ bc idont needany more attention, i wouldnt do it even tho i see people with blacked out cars all the time. jmo... Not really sure how those people get away with it.
Old 04-29-2008, 02:57 PM
NJBLK07GT
2nd Gear Member

I would stay away from tinting in NJ. Also anyone cruising thru the state now beware. They are setting up ramdom DMV check points now. It may look like a seatbelt check point but it's not. They are breaking ***** for everything. (Tint, no front plate, loud exhaust, ect) Their favorite one now seems to be if you have a plate frame on your car make sure you can read the lettering on the bottom and top of the plate! I know of 3 people who have gotten tickets for this. Just another reason I hate this state!

Quick Reply: NJ people with tinted windows?