Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Model Year Differences?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2008, 09:43 AM
VistaGT
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Model Year Differences?

ORIGINAL: brendend

05- rear gears were 3.55 standard.
06+-3.31 gear standard with 3.55 a option (i belive)
07+ over-all weight of the cars increased since all bodys were made to be pulled off the line and made into gt500s.
08- different options

im sure theres more but those are all i can think of off the top of my head right now.
In '06 3.55's were standard, at least for stick.
Old 05-02-2008, 10:25 AM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

Some of the 05s had the engine coolant heated Throttle Body.
And the 07-08s benifit from the numerous TSBs that the 05-06s generated.
Old 05-02-2008, 01:56 PM
jaguarking11
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: howarmat

ORIGINAL: jaguarking11

05-06's have a different ecu from the 07+ stangs.

The 07+ stangs can be enabled to autodjust tune based on the fuel you use. I belive to a lesser extent the 07+ have that feature enabled but not as good as the bullit does.

very early 07's have auto down windows as well. 07+ as stated above is calculated for 500+hp. The engine bay I bealive is wider.
Only the bullitt has the adjustable tune, none of he GTs do. No sure what you mean by autodown windows. this is a standard feature on all years, unless you mean the keyfob autodown and that was only on the 05s and not all of them either due to randomly having the windows go down on people.
I know only the bullit is advertised as such. However the 07+ ecu is capable of that, the 05-06 is not. Go to the steeda site and you will see the adaptive fuel tunes for the 07+ cars.
Old 05-02-2008, 04:18 PM
acascianelli
5th Gear Member

Don't 2007.5+ have revised cylinder heads?
Old 05-02-2008, 10:41 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

The 07+ stangs can be enabled to autodjust tune based on the fuel you use. I belive to a lesser extent the 07+ have that feature enabled but not as good as the bullit does.

very early 07's have auto down windows as well. 07+ as stated above is calculated for 500+hp. The engine bay I bealive is wider.
Only the bullitt has the adjustable tune, none of he GTs do. No sure what you mean by autodown windows. this is a standard feature on all years, unless you mean the keyfob autodown and that was only on the 05s and not all of them either due to randomly having the windows go down on people.
I know only the bullit is advertised as such. However the 07+ ecu is capable of that, the 05-06 is not. Go to the steeda site and you will see the adaptive fuel tunes for the 07+ cars.
http://www.steeda.com/news/steeda_ne...alibration.php

you mean that?
Old 05-02-2008, 11:00 PM
GOTTORQ
1st Gear Member

my 08 has a place to put ur gas cap unlike my dads 07, and when u pull the windshield wipers back to spray ur windshield it goes back and forth about 4 times and waits 10 seconds and gives one last wipe. my dads 07 doesnt..weird i how i noticed thoses
Old 05-03-2008, 02:55 AM
jaguarking11
2nd Gear Member

you mean that?
Yes that, Its been discussed on other forums. The ecu is more capable on the 07+ therefore it can be done. The 05-06 are not capable, at least at the moment.

and the autodown I was talking about is the one from the keyfob, ford removed that feature due to bugs.
Old 05-04-2008, 02:21 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

you mean that?
Yes that, Its been discussed on other forums. The ecu is more capable on the 07+ therefore it can be done. The 05-06 are not capable, at least at the moment.

and the autodown I was talking about is the one from the keyfob, ford removed that feature due to bugs.
A stock tune doesnt adjust for the different octs like the bullitt does though. You have to buy steedas tunes for this to work in the 07+ and from everything i have seen and read, steedas new product isnt that impressive and is more like a bunch of canned tunes that it chooses from....far from "adaptive" as they make it seem.
Old 05-04-2008, 03:12 PM
Elwood
2nd Gear Member

Nothing against an '05, but if you got an '06+ you might avoid some of the bugs that come with a first run of a new design. my 2 cents.
Old 05-04-2008, 04:22 PM
sailing220
4th Gear Member

I have an 05 and have had no problems so far. None. At all.

Quick Reply: Model Year Differences?