Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Diablo Sport Custom Tune Page Update

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2005, 02:25 PM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

Default Diablo Sport Custom Tune Page Update

For those of you ( like me ) that have been waiting on Diablo Sport to release their new tunes, they are on line today.
http://www.diablosport.com/Downloads_05stang_tunes.php
Looks like they released not only a new Steeda tune, but also a new C&L tune.

*Note-these tunes will only work if your Predator is the U7140 version gotten through Diablo. They will not work if you purchased your tuner from Steeda or C&L. Also you need to upgrade to the latest Diablo Sport revision R17.

Already got mine downloaded....can't do squat until I get home. But I feel a bad cold coming on that will probably force me to have to leave around 1 or 2 today. Will post results.

Old 04-21-2005, 06:42 PM
DAVE05GT
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Diablo Sport Custom Tune Page Update

hey hawgman, do you know of the cheapest place to get the pc adaptor cable for the predator? Also, I got my predator off ebay as a package with the c&l intake, does that mean I don't have the U7140 version and if so how do I update mine? I havn't even plugged mine in yet as I am waiting for the warranty work to get done on my car but the final parts are on order and I want to be ready to go when the car gets back from the shop this time. I've had this stuff for over a month and I'm dying to put it on but I really don't want a hassel from the dealer. BTW, whats the problem with the old tune? Is it the dead spot between 2-4K rpm? Thanks for all your help in advance and good luck with yours.
Old 04-21-2005, 07:54 PM
cmenders
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: DAVE05GT

do you know of the cheapest place to get the pc adaptor cable for the predator?
I picked one up at Staples for less than $10. I am sure Radio Shack will be about the same price or maybe even a little less.

If you have a laptop you wont need the AC power cable as you can just plug the Predator into your car for power when you are loading the updates.

The updates do address the deadspot and I can vouch for the fact that they have corrected it.
Old 04-21-2005, 08:03 PM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

Yup, what he said. It's just a simple DB9 to DB9 serial cable.
As for your perticular Predator. What does it say when it is booting? Does it say C&L or does it say 2005_stang? I got mine from Concours Direct, it is a "Diablo" supplied Predator. It says "booting 2005_stang" when booting up. I have heard that the C&L "supplied" Predators as well as the Steeda Predators are branded with that vendor's logo.
Old 04-21-2005, 08:05 PM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

Have you done a dyno since the new tune? What about with your previous "custom" tune?
I think I am going to take my Predator with me to the dyno. Do one pull witht he tune I tweaked, then one with the new Diablo release and see which one works best. Plus the fact that I want to see how jacked up the dyno says the car is using the tune I did myself.
Old 04-21-2005, 08:12 PM
cmenders
1st Gear Member

No dyno done as of yet. I am a tax accountant so I am just coming off the busiest time in my year. Phew!

I need to look around for a place near me to see if I can get in and get a few pulls for a reasonable price.
Old 04-22-2005, 04:19 AM
DAVE05GT
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: hawgman

Yup, what he said. It's just a simple DB9 to DB9 serial cable.
As for your perticular Predator. What does it say when it is booting? Does it say C&L or does it say 2005_stang? I got mine from Concours Direct, it is a "Diablo" supplied Predator. It says "booting 2005_stang" when booting up. I have heard that the C&L "supplied" Predators as well as the Steeda Predators are branded with that vendor's logo.
Ok, I plugged it in and went to performance and it says C&L CAI so I'm assuming its a c&l predator. Now, does anyone know how I can update this thing with the new program before I upload the tune????? I hope they didn't upgrade the tune for C&L and make it so all the predators that came with the C&L tune can't get it. That would be F*&%ed up.
Old 04-22-2005, 05:50 AM
cmenders
1st Gear Member

Take a look here for ROM updates to your Predator. If your Predator boots up running version r12 (assuming C&L) you do not need the update. If your comes up with r6 you should do the update.

http://www.diablosport.com/Downloads...20Mustang%20GT

Hope that helps.
Old 04-22-2005, 12:03 PM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

Anyone got a phone number for Diablo? Tired of jacking with their email support.
Did the ROM update specific to my tuner, put the new tune on, now I get bad CALID. And yes, I downloaded the correct one.
Old 04-22-2005, 12:55 PM
cmenders
1st Gear Member

Doc,

I sent you a PM on this.

Craig