Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What is the IRS Buying You? (Stimulus = Mods)

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2008, 12:55 PM
acascianelli
5th Gear Member

Default RE: What is the IRS Buying You? (Stimulus = Mods)

Nothing, saving for a wedding and moving out.
Old 05-02-2008, 01:02 PM
ThumperMX113
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SatinSilverStang

correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't the whole point of the stimulus check for you to spend it to stimulate the economy, aiding in bringin us outta recession??
Correct.
Old 05-02-2008, 01:10 PM
schapman
4th Gear Member

shelby grille.

http://www.shelbyperformanceparts.co...%20Insert.aspx
Old 05-02-2008, 01:12 PM
S197steve
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: siberian.mist

yeah, there are a lot of penny pinchers in this world saving for when they are old, but what they arent realizing is when you are really old all the material items you could buy wont matter to you anymore
That's a pretty ignorant outlook. My dad and mom have pinched pennies for years, saved as much as he could and never been a big spender. He's now 54,semi-retired and living the highlife. He and my mom go on vacation out of country about 4-6 times a year, are debt free and are (by their own acclaim) living the best years of their lives!

That's my goal, my wife and I both just turned 28... we save as much as we can each month, spend enough to have fun but our goal is to be retired and enjoying life to the fullest by 55 years old.

So, with that goal in mind,our money is going into one of our IRAs where it will be worth TONS more to us when we really need it. Itannoys me when people say that those of us who save aren't living in the 'now' and are foolish for not getting what we want now.

Life isn't about instant gratification...
Old 05-02-2008, 01:26 PM
Black GT
4th Gear Member

I'm not getting a stimulus check. The IRS says I make too much.
Old 05-02-2008, 01:29 PM
mdg
4th Gear Member

tomorrow may never come...
Old 05-02-2008, 01:34 PM
ThumperMX113
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Black GT

I'm not getting a stimulus check. The IRS says I make too much.
Lucky !! I wish that was me.
Old 05-02-2008, 01:37 PM
ink003
3rd Gear Member

it's helping me lower my credit card debt somewhat - debt obtained from all the damn mods i've been compelled to buy and install over the last 12 months thanks to all you crazy people!
Old 05-02-2008, 01:44 PM
myredgt
3rd Gear Member

steve o chap

That's a pretty ignorant outlook. My dad and mom have pinched pennies for years, saved as much as he could and never been a big spender. He's now 54,semi-retired and living the highlife. He and my mom go on vacation out of country about 4-6 times a year, are debt free and are (by their own acclaim) living the best years of their lives!

That's my goal, my wife and I both just turned 28... we save as much as we can each month, spend enough to have fun but our goal is to be retired and enjoying life to the fullest by 55 years old.
That's not an ignorant outlook at all. You need to check your view on life really close.

I used to have the same outlook on life as you do. Save every last penny I can.I'm 26 years old right now, about to be 27 on May 28th. On October 26th, 2002, when I was 21 years old,I was in a car wreck. I was clinically dead. 200 staples, 497 stitches, and a dramatizing skull fracture with no insurance later, here I am.

All that moneyI had been saving, meant nothing. Wham, one instant, everything gone. God slapped the hell out of me and I was in a coma for two weeks. that made me smarter and try to enjoy every dayI live, not just wait 30 years to enjoy me life, time I will never get back.

I have made smart business decisions, earning me many things, Including my 2008 Shelby GT.

You can live a sub-classlife and "save" your money to livewhen you're 55, but what if you die tomorrow? What if a drunk slams into your car and you burn to death 5 years from now? 10 years from now? Where did all that money go? What did all that 'penny=pinching' get you?

I'm gonna tell you right now, you ain't taking it with you.

Don't be stupid and blow everything you have, obviously, but a 'penny-pincher' spends most of their life paranoid and always wanting, wishing, waiting for the day to come when they can have what they want.

There's a good chance, especially since you can't tell the future, that day might never come...

- C
Old 05-02-2008, 01:44 PM
S197steve
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mdg

tomorrow may never come...
What if it does and you have no money... [:-]

Plan for the worst, pray for the best...

Quick Reply: What is the IRS Buying You? (Stimulus = Mods)