Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Decisions..Decisions....'05 GT Vert or Used C5 Corvette??

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2005, 01:36 AM
adg

Default RE: Decisions..Decisions....'05 GT Vert or Used C5 Corvette??

I did'nt mean to initiate a fight, war of words, or battle of opinions!!!!

I simply would like some objective (or slightly biased) views of these 2 fine automobiles.

Can we get this thread back on track???
Old 04-23-2005, 01:43 AM
JD1969
Pro. B.S. caller outer

ORIGINAL: adg

I did'nt mean to initiate a fight, war of words, or battle of opinions!!!!

I simply would like some objective (or slightly biased) views of these 2 fine automobiles.

Can we get this thread back on track???
adg you are right, sorry if I helped take your thread on a tangent.
Old 04-23-2005, 02:14 AM
lostsoul
4th Gear Member

and all ends well ...
Old 04-23-2005, 03:31 AM
gotan05
1st Gear Member

I love ALL cars as long as they are fast, and next to a Viper the next suitable one would be a Vette. However I would think it's a little impractical for a daily driver. But hey you have other cars.
Old 04-23-2005, 03:33 AM
gotan05
1st Gear Member

I love ALL cars as long as they are fast, and next to a Viper the next suitable one would be a Vette. However I would think it's a little impractical for a daily driver. But hey you have other cars. And JD1969, I thought the spoon comment was pretty funny.
Old 04-23-2005, 06:37 AM
Broken
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: JD1969

Drive them both and I bet you will find the answer. I am just about the biggest anti-vette guy you will find, but I think givin the choice I would go Vette, the reason is simple, I prefer brutal performance and speed over all else, and for the money you can't beat the Vette. Right now you can even find Z06's going for a reasonable price. Yes right now the new Stang is getting alot of attention but in a year they will be belly button cars (you know everybody has one).
Agreed. If your looking for alot of performance in a car for a fairly reasonable price the Vette cant really be beat. If your looking for a car with performance but would still like to go lets say grocery shopping and maybe be able to throw your fishing gear in the car and even hitch a boat to it if you really wanted to get the Mustang.
Old 04-23-2005, 12:43 PM
adg

ttt[sm=smiley31.gif]
Old 04-23-2005, 03:19 PM
td1320
3rd Gear Member

AWWW the poor 05 guys are getting upset. If you must know I am here because I work on an NMRA car (for all you noobs that means National Mustang Racers Assn.) so I must know a thing or two about Stangs, originally I came to learn alittle about the cars I was working with but I stayed for the fun, and to help out some of the people I met and I must say I meet some cool people on this site (although not in this section). Why would I be intimidated by an 05? I have an 11 sec daily driver, so far I have not seen one 05 that can even come close to me. The guy was asking for opinions and I gave mine, if you don't like it you can get a spoon and eat my ***.
I couldn't eat that much *** in a life time.
Old 04-23-2005, 06:13 PM
JD1969
Pro. B.S. caller outer

ORIGINAL: td1320

AWWW the poor 05 guys are getting upset. If you must know I am here because I work on an NMRA car (for all you noobs that means National Mustang Racers Assn.) so I must know a thing or two about Stangs, originally I came to learn alittle about the cars I was working with but I stayed for the fun, and to help out some of the people I met and I must say I meet some cool people on this site (although not in this section). Why would I be intimidated by an 05? I have an 11 sec daily driver, so far I have not seen one 05 that can even come close to me. The guy was asking for opinions and I gave mine, if you don't like it you can get a spoon and eat my ***.
LOL that was a good one
Old 04-23-2005, 06:24 PM
td1320
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: td1320

LOL that was a good one
I know 05 owners can sound snotty sometimes but it is because we love our cars just like GM owners. It just sounded like you are anti 05 and would tell someone to buy anything before considering an 05. I think with the very few bolt-on's that it takes to make one go 12.40's is pretty damn impressive no matter what you drive. Sorry if I lashed out. I just got mine out of the shop and I was a little cranky after 5 weeks straight. You have awesome cars as well but the 05 IS a good bargain for the dollar and a few mods make it respectable at any track.

Quick Reply: Decisions..Decisions....'05 GT Vert or Used C5 Corvette??