Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford workmanship at its best???

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2005, 03:40 PM
lostsoul
4th Gear Member

Default Ford workmanship at its best???

So I take my heap into dublin ford(ca) to get my tank replaced.. I rush in suday and pick it up and jet off to do 50 other things on my one day off.. while I hit the freeway I see this:

[IMG][/IMG]

ALSO: they bent the front licens plate?? all that for changing the tank??? so make you you dont leave the shop till you do a full inspection!!..... asses...

[IMG]local://upfiles/12960/5C37189E93AE40859E4EED4F33DE97CB.jpg[/IMG]
Old 04-22-2005, 03:54 PM
CoochDog

Default RE: Ford workmanship at its best???

Looks to me like they did you a "favor" and ran your car through a car wash which damaged the antenna.

I never put any of my cars through those awful "scratch and swirl" machines, and when I drop one off at a dealership I always instruct them specifically NOT to wash it.

Old 04-22-2005, 04:02 PM
lostsoul
4th Gear Member

ahaha.. I wish they washed it.. that would have been a good excuse... but they didnt.. the bugs I smacked while flying though stockton were still on the bumper.. I called them and chewed them out.. and of course.. have not got a call back.... but hey.. I can fill my tank now
Old 04-22-2005, 04:21 PM
F1Fan
4th Gear Member

Hi Lost,

Did you buy your car from the Dublin dealership? I talked to a salesperson there and they have a Windveil Blue GT 5spd they wanted to sell me that is loaded up with a bunch of stuff I don't want. The car has apparently been registered already and has 3K on the clock. What I need to know is can I trust them?

Old 04-22-2005, 05:15 PM
lostsoul
4th Gear Member

no way.. sales people at ford of dublin were straite ******.. I went to hayward ford.. I reffed 2 others there to a sales guy and they got theirs for a tad over 25K.. under msrp. Talk to Ali Jay @ 510-751-3963 . He was totally cool and kept me up todate with mine. As long as you dont mind waiting the 2 months.. then order it.. they have some there.. but I think they will ask sicker or msrp.. call him and see what he can do for you.. and hurry up so I can have someone close buy to do mods with
Old 04-22-2005, 05:39 PM
F1Fan
4th Gear Member

Hi Lost,

I'm not up in the bay area I'm in L.A. but I've been trying to find a car in stock that's a 5spd, premium with IUP. They are hard to find and everyone down here is saying there are no more to be had in '05. They want to take my money for an '06 in Oct/Nov and I need a car now. Anywho thanks for the heads up on these guys. Believe it or not they have a used Windveil Blue premium coupe with 5spd and every option on the list except the automatic trans, 3K miles and they want $29,900.00 for it! I'm finding that if you can find a NEW GT here in L.A. you can buy them at many dealerships for sticker. I told the guy that and he said up there they are getting $5K over for new cars and that this was a good deal. I said c'ya. Funny thing is he keeps calling me back trying to get me to buy the car for $29K This is more than I can buy a NEW car down in L.A. for! It's a funny world in car sales!

Old 04-22-2005, 05:59 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

ORIGINAL: lostsoul

So I take my heap into dublin ford(ca) to get my tank replaced.. I rush in suday and pick it up and jet off to do 50 other things on my one day off.. while I hit the freeway I see this:

[IMG][/IMG]

ALSO: they bent the front licens plate?? all that for changing the tank??? so make you you dont leave the shop till you do a full inspection!!..... asses...

[IMG]local://upfiles/12960/5C37189E93AE40859E4EED4F33DE97CB.jpg[/IMG]
lol...How could you not notice a busted anntena??? <sigh> I always do a walk around and quick check under the car and hood anytime I take it in for repairs before I leave. I hope they take care of it and try not to scr3w you by saying that you caused it.

30 seconds to double check is worth the time it saves you in a situation you could be facing now. Good luck with that....how long after you left did you call them back out of curiosity? YOu may want to go to your actual salesman if the shop is a joke. The salesman wants your referrals.
Old 04-22-2005, 06:27 PM
lostsoul
4th Gear Member

like me in the morning the anntena was pointing straight up.. I had to go to a docs appointment asap and I got in the freeway and then saw it slup over.. I called their a@@es 5 min after I left. I ended going to pep boys for a new one and took off the fron plate.. I knew I should have checked out the car.. trust no one!! [sm=badidea.gif]
Old 04-22-2005, 06:40 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

ORIGINAL: lostsoul

like me in the morning the anntena was pointing straight up.. I had to go to a docs appointment asap and I got in the freeway and then saw it slup over.. I called their a@@es 5 min after I left. I ended going to pep boys for a new one and took off the fron plate.. I knew I should have checked out the car.. trust no one!! [sm=badidea.gif]
oohhh...that suckss..I didn't know it looked fine when you left...[:@] eitherway, just let your salesman know if the shop is sitting on their hands about it. Have them reimburse you maybe?
Old 04-22-2005, 06:46 PM
lostsoul
4th Gear Member

haha.. it was a 9 buck pep boys shorty anntena. It not expensive to replace, I just dont like it when they cant come clean and say we accidently broke it.. they played it off... I hate cover ups

Quick Reply: Ford workmanship at its best???