Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NEED HELP,PLEASE!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2008, 07:32 PM
1morepart
4th Gear Member

Default NEED HELP,PLEASE!!!!

I took off my TB to clean it..i removed the CAI and then started to remove the 4 bolts that hold the TB on....then i detached the 2 wiring harnesses from both sides...if you are standing in front of my car, there is one on the left and right..the left one came off easily but the right one didn't......the harness isn't broken, it's that damn RED clip that goes in it......even it didn't break, but fell down the engine bay and did that "cockroach disappearing act" on me......so, what should i do?.....i called ford and they don't know WTF i am talking about. they want to reorder a whole new harness for one 2 cent piece of red plastic missing........please advise me as to what to do...where can i get one and will the TB get damaged without the red piece of plastic....i went to every part store known to man but had no luck...... it is driving me insane! it's the little red clip that "secures" the attachment...

please help

jason
Old 05-06-2008, 07:37 PM
MartyMoose
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: NEED HELP,PLEASE!!!!

My retaining clip on the r-side is busted off too and the plug is juston there, not secured in place. Not sure if you can just get a replacement retaining clip, prolly need a new harness or maybe tryvisiting a junkyard or something. Good luck.
Old 05-06-2008, 07:48 PM
1morepart
4th Gear Member

marty, does yours ever come lose without that clip?

anyone else have an idea, please
Old 05-06-2008, 07:53 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

as mentioned, junkyard possibility

also you could order a new connector,
cut the old one off and splice the new
one on

Old 05-06-2008, 08:01 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Use 2 tie-wrap crossways if you can, so it holds the male and female together, if I may say.lol.
Old 05-06-2008, 08:07 PM
foot

Lithia Ford in Omaha, NEshowed me a chart with pictures of 100s of wire harness plugs. You can order the plug with a few inches of wire coming out the back for $25.00 each. They call them "pig tails" and they're handy for repairing harnesess's damaged in a front end collision. I often buy the headlight and turn signal pigtails from Ford. Only thing is you need the part number off the plug you want, and a part number off the harness would be helpful too. But the pictures on the chart are good to verify it's the same plug.

In your case you just want the red clip, and I think several plugs use that red clip, so just buy one with the similar design.

Those are a pain, I broke the one on my car too. Luckily I have two parts cars to get one off of.
Old 05-06-2008, 08:21 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

ORIGINAL: pascal

Use 2 tie-wrap crossways if you can, so it holds the male and female together, if I may say.lol.
that comment made me lol...sorry!
Old 05-06-2008, 09:27 PM
1morepart
4th Gear Member

where can i find that red clip?
Old 05-07-2008, 07:25 AM
1morepart
4th Gear Member

well, i actually found the clip...i waited until dark and lifted my car and went looking with a flashlight.....it was inside the electrical fan unit.......damn, i was happy!
Old 05-07-2008, 09:29 AM
abrush
3rd Gear Member

foot:

Are you from Omaha? I live 10 minutes south of there. Not to change the subject of this topic but I saw you mentioned Lithia Ford and I have been there several times.