Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Little inside information for those of you looking for big $$ savings!

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2008, 10:55 PM
Allstar
5th Gear Member

Default Little inside information for those of you looking for big $$ savings!

I work at best buy and if anyone knows how much some of the products get marked up its me.. ESPECIALLY car electronics. I was doing a little research on some products, specifically navigation systems and found this. www.thecameraprofessionals.com
If your looking for the pioneer navigation systems you will find KILLER savings from here! I know some of these prices are even cheaper then some of my discounts and best buy is known for employees getting awesome discounts.. Im about to buy my AVIC-Z3 from here =P
Old 05-06-2008, 11:44 PM
GTstangB.F.D.M.
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Little inside information for those of you looking for big $$ savings!

thank you!!!
Old 05-06-2008, 11:44 PM
kevworthy
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Little inside information for those of you looking for big $$ savings!

When I bought my D3, I tried 3 different camara websites like that..they were all bait and switch deals that had crazy low prices and let you purchase the item online, but after a few days of no response you have to call and verify, there was always some catch, or if i didnt buy the expensive extended waranty thay were out of stock all of the sudden. It was a very bad experience with all three. I finally found one for $599 through amazon with 6th ave electronics and I was able to use the mail in rebate Pioneer was offering, so I ended up paying $399 for it.
Old 05-06-2008, 11:54 PM
Allstar
5th Gear Member

Yeah.. i can tell you.. my discount at best buy will get me the avic-d3 for about 400.. z2 about 1300 and the z3 we dont even sell yet
so just think of the savings .. for a site selling brand new with warranty thats reputable.. thats dam good if u ask me im about to buy my z3 from there within the month cause i ust dropped mad money on a viper alarm + install
Old 05-07-2008, 12:01 AM
scheetz83
2nd Gear Member

Allstar before you commit to the Z3 have you looked in to the New AVIC F series coming out any day now? http://avic411.com/ I am going to get the F90BT as soon as I can find it!!

Just a thought

Old 05-07-2008, 12:18 AM
Allstar
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: scheetz83

Allstar before you commit to the Z3 have you looked in to the New AVIC F series coming out any day now? http://avic411.com/ I am going to get the F90BT as soon as I can find it!!

Just a thought

Thanks for that info! I had no idea. Do you know the screen size of that new series?? I like the 7 inch on the z2 and z3 and thats why i picked it over the d3 because it just looks so much nicer and more professional in my opinion.
Old 05-07-2008, 02:16 AM
scheetz83
2nd Gear Member

it like a 5.3 but i am willing look at all the other +'s

-MSN direct
-Built in Bluetooth
-Ipod cable comes with premier version
-being able to change the button colors like the D3
-the new maps, better routing
- Voice Command and Text to speech thanks to VoiceBox Technologies (similar to Microsoft Sync)

I would like the larger screen and the Hard drive but i will trade off for the above listed

The reson i did not go for the D i s because i dont like the single dvd slot you would have to remove a music cd put the map dvd in just to change a route or if you detour it will not recalculate with out the dvd in.

o yah the top of the line will retail for $1200, far cry from the z unless you doin Ebay. If you haven't already, become a member of avic411 and in that same thread there will be pictures and a spec list you can download.... some where on there. You just have to be singed in

Old 05-07-2008, 02:21 AM
So_Cali
5th Gear Member

Looking for some Infinity speakers, hopefully they throw some on that site soon
Old 05-07-2008, 03:21 AM
vtmustangs
3rd Gear Member

I don't know about that F series even though it has more features I don't like the look of it. Scheetz I don't know about you but I don't carry around CD's all my stuff is on my ipod so I don't think the one disk thing is that big of a deal in this day and age but JMO.

EDIT: here is a review of the F series
http://crave.cnet.com/8301-1_105-9926207-1.html
Old 05-07-2008, 05:44 AM
PennState
6th Gear Member

dude i used to work at bestbuy..and if some how ur manager sees this, you will get fired...

Quick Reply: Little inside information for those of you looking for big $$ savings!