Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP! Need technical Expertise!

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2008, 11:25 PM
GT Bob
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: HELP! Need technical Expertise!

ORIGINAL: jakecat22

. The car is losing power at lower RPM's, like it is bogging down, but once the RPM's get above 2500, it runs fine.
This is likely because the O2 sensor is shot and the car is loading up on fuel down that low...

Try something for me. Go out, and from a stop do a full throttle run up to the speed limit. Pay attention to the low end of your power curve. Does it still seem sluggish at WOT or is it just at part throttle.

Second question... did you relocate the O2 sensors at all from their stock location?

My feeling is that the exhaust is not an issue here and what your seeing is comging from problems in the EGR. Chances are that the EGR going bad killed the first sensor.. then the second time when the EGR was replaced, the damage had already been done to the second O2 sensor, and it was just a matter of time before it died...

That being said, take it back to the dealership and give them another shot at it. It sounds like they are trying in good faith to fix your issue. Sometimes it just takes a time or three to get it figured fully out.
Old 05-11-2008, 09:28 AM
jakecat22
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GT Bob

ORIGINAL: jakecat22

. The car is losing power at lower RPM's, like it is bogging down, but once the RPM's get above 2500, it runs fine.
This is likely because the O2 sensor is shot and the car is loading up on fuel down that low...

Try something for me. Go out, and from a stop do a full throttle run up to the speed limit. Pay attention to the low end of your power curve. Does it still seem sluggish at WOT or is it just at part throttle.

Second question... did you relocate the O2 sensors at all from their stock location?

My feeling is that the exhaust is not an issue here and what your seeing is comging from problems in the EGR. Chances are that the EGR going bad killed the first sensor.. then the second time when the EGR was replaced, the damage had already been done to the second O2 sensor, and it was just a matter of time before it died...

That being said, take it back to the dealership and give them another shot at it. It sounds like they are trying in good faith to fix your issue. Sometimes it just takes a time or three to get it figured fully out.
Thanks for the response GT Bob.

It does not seem very sluggish at WOT, but under normal driving, seems to have some hesitation, and to get rid of it, I have to step on it, then it kinds "jumps" to pick up the throttle, if you know what I mean.

Did not relocate any O2 sensors from the stock locations, never touched them.

I am taking it back to the dealer on Monday, it is just very frustrating. Seems all these problems came about after installing my duals, but everyone tells me(including the dealer) that they are not the problem.

If you have any Ideas, let me know, I will update Monday afternoon after the dealer looks at it again.
Old 05-12-2008, 03:52 PM
jakecat22
2nd Gear Member

Well, hopefully 3rd time is a charm. Dealer had it all day today, said they were going over it with a fine toothed comb. They stated that after they replaced the EGR valve, the O2 Sensor they were sent from parts was defective, so they replace that today, ran a check. Drove the car for about 15 minutes, brought it back, and ran the check again, and all went well.

Hopefully this fixed the problem, keeping my fingers crossed.

Thanks for all the input from everyone!