Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

changed interior led's

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2008, 12:05 AM
wicked stang
2nd Gear Member

Default changed interior led's

Hey guys, I just got my 08 torch red gt about a month and a half ago.

I started changing out the leds a couple weeks after I bought the car but I ran short and had finals for school so I just gotsome more and finished changing them out recently. I ordered them from oznium.com

Oh, there was a post about how to change the leds which was very helpful, but the number of leds needed for the A/C controls was wrong. I guess the circuit boards are a little different in the 08's because I needed a lot more. I dont remember exactly how many more though.

Heres some pics of the car and the leds. The leds look more orange in the pics for some reason but they are bright red. And sorry for the crappy pics of the leds. Ill try to get better ones soon.

http://s307.photobucket.com/albums/nn303/xwickedstang/
Old 05-18-2008, 12:13 AM
Cal26Stang
5th Gear Member

Default RE: changed interior led's

sweet
Old 05-18-2008, 06:01 AM
alloutt
4th Gear Member

look make a write up I want to do that.
Old 05-18-2008, 09:31 AM
Devil Wolf
3rd Gear Member

holy crap man well done. how long did the whole job take you of actual work time? i want to do this but it seems like way too much work.
Old 05-18-2008, 09:41 AM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

ORIGINAL: alloutt

look make a write up I want to do that.
he is following this writeup
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=463262
Old 05-18-2008, 09:43 AM
eddypython
3rd Gear Member

I'm looking at the site right now. and about to order too.. question is. Are these leds the same exact shape and fit as the OEM ones ? If so lemme know to pull the trigger. Thx
Old 05-18-2008, 01:47 PM
wicked stang
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Devil Wolf

holy crap man well done. how long did the whole job take you of actual work time? i want to do this but it seems like way too much work.
It took alot of time because I have never soldered things that are so small. If your good at soldering you should be able to get window switches, steering controls, tcs, message center, and a/c controls done in about 3 hours taking your time. I still haven't done the lock switches because the door panel has to come out, will be doing them soon. Also, the "how to" postdidn't have anything about doing the headlight switch, so ill have to figure that out.

Old 05-18-2008, 01:54 PM
wicked stang
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: eddypython

I'm looking at the site right now. and about to order too.. question is. Are these leds the same exact shape and fit as the OEM ones ? If so lemme know to pull the trigger. Thx
The leds are the same exact type. http://www.oznium.com/plcc-2
For the window and lock switches use these in 3mm size http://www.oznium.com/ledor you can just use the plcc-2 leds like the guy in the how to post did.

And if you haven't done soldering like this before, I would order extra leds. I got really frustrated doing some of these because I ran back and forth from the car like a 100 times to make sure they worked after I did a few. When they didn't work I would just resolder them and if they still didn't work, I just resolderd a new one on again. Doing this takes alot of patience if you haven't soldered things like this before.
Old 05-18-2008, 03:01 PM
Fletch
2nd Gear Member

Ford should do us all a favor and wire it up to MyColor
Old 05-18-2008, 03:57 PM
eddypython
3rd Gear Member

Cool thanks. I just ordered 40 of the plcc-2 ones. I have a touchscreen dvd player so no need for the radio ones. I got extras just in case
Soldering should not be a problem. I've done it plenty of times in the past. One thing did escape my attention, and that was the headlight switch.. How many go in there ?
Being that I only got 9 extras I'll have to be SUPER careful not to burn any in the process so that I have enough for the light switch..

EDIT btw, I decided to go all red.

Quick Reply: changed interior led's