MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   2005-2014 Mustangs (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs-43/)
-   -   Whipple, Saleen, or Kenne Bell (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs/446388-whipple-saleen-or-kenne-bell.html)

Ortoch 05-18-2008 09:41 PM

RE: Whipple, Saleen, or Kenne Bell

turboooooos :P

MustangFan45 05-18-2008 11:11 PM

I have talked with many people and read a lot about the Whipple. The Roush is good. But, under powered. And the Whipple is the Shiznit! Everyone who I know owns one praises it. Also, I knowa guy who bought a vehicle just because it had a whipple on it. So, I say Whipple.

[IMG]local://upfiles/90468/B8FF4DD51EFB4479A8B3DDED9DBD0744.jpg[/IMG]

GT4HUTCH 05-18-2008 11:50 PM

I plan on having ProDyno do the install and tune. There is nobody anywhere around the Carolinas that can do a better job in my opinion. I've used them once and would recommend them to anyone! (Especially if you are as nit picky about your baby as i am!) Yes the shaker will be for sale, as well as a JLT intake, and a set of Steeda pulleys.

HUTCH

Caution 05-19-2008 12:30 AM

Whipple

99GTvert 05-19-2008 01:04 AM

ORIGINAL: ryanralston07

I've seen MANY cars with Kenne Bells have to put ice bags on their S/Cs because they overheat, whereas the Whipples that put out the same #'s are still running at the track...I LOVE my whipple and think that at car shows when my hood is raisedit's the better looking of the 2...
Are you sure its because they overheat, or they are trying to ice it down at the drag strip? Has anyone looked at the newest (or month old) issue of MM&FF? They have a system in there that "substitutes" an intercooler with a tank that goes in the trunk where the spare tire goes and you run lines back and forth from the blower blah blah...

ryanralston07 05-19-2008 01:09 AM

ORIGINAL: 99GTvert

ORIGINAL: ryanralston07

I've seen MANY cars with Kenne Bells have to put ice bags on their S/Cs because they overheat, whereas the Whipples that put out the same #'s are still running at the track...I LOVE my whipple and think that at car shows when my hood is raisedit's the better looking of the 2...
Are you sure its because they overheat, or they are trying to ice it down at the drag strip? Has anyone looked at the newest (or month old) issue of MM&FF? They have a system in there that "substitutes" an intercooler with a tank that goes in the trunk where the spare tire goes and you run lines back and forth from the blower blah blah...

ya, they were using some type of thermometer on it and were saying how the car was overheating. That article you are talking about doesn't replace the intercooler...it adds to the intercooler and is just an extra little thing you can do to squeeze more rwhp outta your car.;)I wonder though since you brought that article up if you could run around or over 500 rwhp with a little more aggressive tune or more boost since the temperatures are cooler...maybe that'd stop the engine from overheating...and also from creating too much heat and breaking rods...?[&:]

GT4HUTCH 05-19-2008 11:54 AM

Wow! I'm suprised how many more votes there are for the whipple over the other two. That's interesting. It's been brought to my attention that saleen is working on a shaker charger. I'm going to look into that. I wonder if the hole in the hood would match up...

HUTCH

ryanralston07 05-19-2008 03:34 PM

There's going to be some production issues for the first year at least with the newer S/C because usually when new products are out there will be minor changes made to it to fix certain issues foundout in the real world...I'd personally talk to your installer about what they have the most experience with and if it's not the unit you want then you can talk to them about the cons, but the Whipple has been proven time and time again to be hands down the best unit as far as complete kit and power. No one has really ask this...but what are your plans for your car as far as power being put down? If I had to do it all over again I would have gone with a short block with forged internals and a stroker kit and then put on the kit that ST Motorsports has put together for the whipple from the GT500:D

GT4HUTCH 05-19-2008 05:59 PM

Power between 450 and 475 rwhp. But reliable enough to be driven every day and on long trips if i want. I know i may end up with even more power than this. I talked to my tuner. He has done whipple installs and tunes. Every car is different. Some cars mar run rich(hence loosing power) and some may run lean with the whipple tune and some may be on the money. I am going to have him tune my car though.

blackS197 05-19-2008 06:01 PM

go turbo buddy