Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need help with 08 mustang asap

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2008, 07:23 PM
pat123
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: need help with 08 mustang asap

My 08 came with a Hurst aftermarket shifter so I did not get either one; I really got robbed!

Just kidding; I love the Hurst shifter.
Old 05-18-2008, 07:51 PM
deekum1627
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: dmhines

Premier trim should look like this ... you should have the boot with the trim as well ... should also have GT500 pedals, stitched dash and console lid ..etc ..

your right thats what your supposed to get i did. whats the stitched dash and console lid look like????
Old 05-18-2008, 09:47 PM
Gr8T STANG
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: nofear

I just recieved my 2008 mustang gt .... it came with the interior upgrade package and the permeir trim package.
Which shifter was i suposed to get

- the full aluminum one
-or the one with the leather on the sides with the plastic on top

i got the second one and i think they gave me the wrong shifter
what should i do ?

I got the wrong one too. I wasn't worried about it since the first thing that I did was to put a short throw shifter in but,they also left out the control buttons for the message center. Now that I had to get fixed. If you really want the other **** go to your dealer and they should take care of it. Ford has a department for wrongly built cars. Make sure you take your window sticker it'll save you some hassle.
Old 05-18-2008, 11:30 PM
Ruffnuts
2nd Gear Member

Id just try to see if the dealer would compensate you with some other goodie like a car cover and get a tri axe shifter from Steeda, you will love it. I never realized how much of a better shifter it was untill I hopped into a friends stocker and seemed like I had to reach around forever to find the gears.
Old 05-18-2008, 11:55 PM
NeoGeo630
1st Gear Member

I have the interior upgrade package on my '08 and I have the second one you mentioned which is correct for the interior upgrade package. Here is whatthe 2008 Mustang order guide says about the interior and premier packages. From the descriptions, it seems that you got the right shift ****.

[align=left]PREMIER TRIM WITH COLOR ACCENT PACKAGE[/align][align=left](68B)[/align][align=left]Availability:[/align][align=left]• Optional on V6 Premium and GT (120A, 140A, 160A, 180A)[/align][align=left]Not available with:[/align][align=left]• V6 Deluxe array or GT Deluxe (110A, 130A, 150A, 170A)[/align][align=left]• Not available with Cal Special, Pony Package, Warrior In Pink[/align][align=left]Pkg. (54C, 54P & 54S)[/align][align=left]Requires:[/align][align=left]• 18G Interior Upgrade Package and GT leather trimmed seats[/align][align=left](K) (Single Colored Seats)[/align][align=left]Includes:[/align][align=left]• Aluminum Pedal Covers[/align][align=left]• Chamois, Red, Black sport bucket solid (mono-tone) color[/align][align=left]leather trimmed front and rear seating surfaces.[/align][align=left]• Color accented front door trim inserts and floor mats available[/align][align=left]in Dark Charcoal, Parchment, Dove, Chamois, or Red interior[/align][align=left]trim colors[/align][align=left]• Satin aluminum-plated shift lever with automatic transmission[/align][align=left]or bright shift **** with manual transmission[/align][align=left]• Wrapped and stitched instrument panel brow, console lid,[/align]upgraded door arm rests

[align=left]INTERIOR UPGRADE PACKAGE (18G)[/align][align=left]Availability:[/align][align=left]• Optional on V6 and GT (120A,130A,140A,160A,170A,180A)[/align][align=left]Requires (One of the following):[/align][align=left]• Charcoal Aluminum finish instrument panel appliqué-ribbed[/align][align=left]pattern (Optional) (67D)[/align][align=left]• Satin Aluminum instrument panel appliqué (Standard ) (67L)[/align][align=left]Includes:[/align][align=left]• Bright polished register rings and bright shift **** for manual[/align][align=left]transmission[/align][align=left]• Dark Charcoal Aberdeen pattern front door panel inserts[/align][align=left]• Leather-wrapped steering wheel with satin aluminum spokes[/align][align=left]• Satin aluminum door sill scuff plate with bright MUSTANG[/align][align=left]lettering insert[/align][align=left]• Satin aluminum-plated door handles[/align][align=left]• Satin aluminum-plated shift lever with automatic transmission[/align][align=left]• Special new bright polished six-gauge cluster with My Color[/align]feature and message center
Old 05-19-2008, 01:46 AM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

I test drove a new Bullitt and the shifter ball was stolen!
See if you can get that one! They are very popular!
It just screws right on.