Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stripes so far. What do you think ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2008, 09:35 PM
Vertigo
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Stripes so far. What do you think ?

ORIGINAL: SonicBlue05GT

you're going to need a hairdryer to do the bumpers, and it helps a lot on the trunk as well.

I did my stripes a couple of months ago, and it was nearly impossible for the vinyl to contour to the bends without being heated up.
ya if you dont heat the bottom and make it stick it will bubble and crack off. You need to make sure you tape off the whole car so they all are spaced out evenly. If not you will have some wider then others. The pin stripes you need to eye ball it well thats what i did. Also when your dont dont sit ontop of the car when you look at it because the stang has uneven areas so to relly tell how it looks step back from the car and look at it. If you want me to walk you through better you could give me a call.
Old 05-25-2008, 10:15 PM
eddypython
3rd Gear Member

I have been using a hair dryer. I know it's a pain without. I'm just out of ideas on the third brake light.. I'll have to cut a 1/8 of an inch around the light piece by hand then just go from there.
I hope I have enough vinyl to do it.. I can't drive around with a unfinished stripe job
I did use painters tape for the most car. not really for the bumpers. I guess I'll do that tomorrow.
Old 05-25-2008, 10:20 PM
Vertigo
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: eddypython

I have been using a hair dryer. I know it's a pain without. I'm just out of ideas on the third brake light.. I'll have to cut a 1/8 of an inch around the light piece by hand then just go from there.
I hope I have enough vinyl to do it.. I can't drive around with a unfinished stripe job
I did use painters tape for the most car. not really for the bumpers. I guess I'll do that tomorrow.
Since you are cutting it by hand, pull a full strip for the while trunk, and then cut about 1/4" more so you can tuck it then trim it back so your not short. You need to use the tape on everything IMO to be sure its all equal. Also make sure you cut the trunk and rear bumper in once sheet.