Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Those with Procharger's chime in please.

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2008, 04:55 PM
rad_rob
3rd Gear Member

Default Those with Procharger's chime in please.

So Im getting ready to pull the trigger on my supercharger. Ive been looking around, and there are tooons of options. Ive gotten pretty much all the info I need on the Whipple, KB, Saleen, Roush, etc etc. I have decided Im going to go with the Procharger. This is where you guys come in. I just have a few questions.

Which kid did you go with? P1SC, D1SC?

Where did you purchase your kit from and what did it run you?

Ease of installation if you did it yourself?

Pro's and Con's?

Things you wish you wouldve known about the kit beforehand?

Pics of your setup?

Basically, I will be installing the kit myself. I am not afraid to get dirty, and I am more than confident in being able to do it myself. I just can't decide which kit to go with. Im shooting for around 450rwhp and once I build another motor, have the ability to up the boost. Anyways, any info is great, thanks in advance!!!
Old 05-27-2008, 05:01 PM
cobra443
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Those with Procharger's chime in please.

Since you mentioned upping the boost later on I wouldgo with the D1SC. The P1SC is great for anything at or lower than 12psi, however if you have plans of exceeding that the D1SC would be much better. I dont have a procharger (note sig) however you should check your local performance shop and see what they say.
Old 05-27-2008, 05:25 PM
SCCAGT
3rd Gear Member

[sm=exactly.gif]

You can install yourself over a weekend. The hardest/time consumingpart is wiring in the fuel pump, and MAF extension, and then placing/guessing proper torque on the crankpulley bolt. Took me about 13 hrs with plenty of breaks to sit and make sure everything was just right, and pics along the way, to do my first install. Started at 5pm on a Sat and finished at 5pm Sun. Obviously thats 24 hours, but ya gotta sleep sometime.

No pros and cons about putting it in, and the installation manual is pretty good at explaining what ya gotta do.

D1SC is a must for future higher power mods. The stage 2 kit has 3" tubing instead of 2 1/2" in the HO. The 3" tubing requires moving the radiator forward a bit to make room. The 3" D1SC stage 2 kit would be a must for higher boost in the future. One fellow here with a D1SC, manual trans, is over 500rwhp (512 I believe)at 12psi on a stock engine. Over 15,000 hard miles and no busted engine pieces yet.

By the way, I sell them.

[IMG]local://upfiles/53413/D048EA15792043DF80C8370A73D59610.jpg[/IMG]
Old 05-27-2008, 06:01 PM
rad_rob
3rd Gear Member

So say I just want a solid 450-460rwhp...you think the P1SC would be a good kit? What are the price differences?
Old 05-27-2008, 06:45 PM
cobra443
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: xROBxCOREx

So say I just want a solid 450-460rwhp...you think the P1SC would be a good kit? What are the price differences?
Yes that would be a perfect fit for your desired level. I believe its an extra $300 give or take to upgrade the head unit only to the D1SC. Im not sure as for the price on the tubing upgrade. Just search the net Im sure you find all the pricing. Good luck!
Old 05-27-2008, 07:26 PM
ranebowcyxx
BadAss 13-sec N/A 4.0L

I had a P1SC, I ran it at 12 PSI and it was fine. The fact is for the 300 upgrade the D1 is the smart choice for down the road plans.
Old 05-27-2008, 10:37 PM
tached_out
1st Gear Member

Upgrade your Intercooler to the Sheet Metal 3 Core IC and Get the Red Race Blow Off Valve.

I am running a P1SC Stage two and I should see 620ish rwhp on pump and 700 on Race Gas on there 15lb pulley. I am though going to be stepping it up to the F1/A but the P1SC is a GREAT S/C I have no clue how much I spent because I did a dump load of mods at once
Old 05-27-2008, 11:36 PM
Mr.Bape
4th Gear Member

what about for us v6ers? what kind of gains can we see? 2007 auto?
Old 05-28-2008, 12:20 AM
tached_out
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Mr.Bape

what about for us v6ers? what kind of gains can we see? 2007 auto?
honestly this may be a dumb answer or not the one that your looking for but if you factor in the price you can sale your 6 for and the price it costs to get a S/C you can just buy a GT and have a way better car. Just because the rear end, suspension and breaks all lack on the 6.
Old 05-28-2008, 02:00 AM
rad_rob
3rd Gear Member

Yeah, I dont think I need 600+ hp. haha. Although I say that now, Im sure Ill eventually change my mind. lol. What do you have done to your engine internally?

And Mr Bape....check out the X Charger from Explorer Express, thats a real nice one for the 6ers. Youtube it and it will bring up some vids by "Street Legal TV" i think, where there is a series on them going all out on a 6er. 8.8 rear end swap, GT bumpers, X Charger, etc etc....real cool videos!

Quick Reply: Those with Procharger's chime in please.