Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bullitt Exhausts

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2008, 02:16 PM
A_Drunken_Llama
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Bullitt Exhausts

Bullitts sound really good when coupled with the H-Pipe... not enough difference to justify buying for only axle backs
Old 06-05-2008, 08:26 PM
2cokeman
5th Gear Member

The GTA mufflers are great, I had them on my 07 GT.
Old 06-05-2008, 09:23 PM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

there's good video of the new Bullitt's sound here:
http://www.windingroad.com/videos/

I also read there that the new GT500KR has the same ones also.
Old 06-05-2008, 09:25 PM
JimsGT
3rd Gear Member

OK, I had Borla Stingers (same as the FRPP 5GT's), and I have the "GTA"s:

I'm automatic, BTW

Stingers : sound great outside the car, they turn heads,awesome, BUT inside the car they were torture! Screw waterboarding! ( and I'm not exaggerating). If you don't like resonance (drone), that boomy, low frequency sound right about 1,800 to 2k rpm's, and it gets so annoying after awhile that your ears ring, and you actually feel like puking, then Stingers are not for you! I had them on for a total of one long day, and the next day they wer up on eBay.

GTA's: Louder, and somewhat deeper than stock, no drone at all inside the car, sounds good outside (not as good as Stingers though) but worth the tradeoff for peace of mind inside the car! Just the right sound. I've had them a little over one year, and they do seem to get louder with age, not by much, but you can sense it. Also, I had a FRPP tune, (now run SCT), and they did sound different with each tune. ( More motor boat "bap-bap-bap-bap" with the FRPP. LIke when not downshifting when making a turn with a stick shift, then hitting the gas.)

I would say drive , or drive in some cars with these mufflers, and decide. Thats the best I can describe each. Exhaust sound is a very subjective matter. Whats good to you is crap to someone else, and vice versa, but from what you're describing, it sounds like we're on the same page, and I like the GTA's much better.
Old 06-06-2008, 04:02 AM
MustangFan45
2nd Gear Member

I will have to say the SLP Loudmouths.
Old 06-06-2008, 05:22 AM
topbliss
2nd Gear Member

to answer your q- the bullets and GTA's sound very similar. The bullits 'crackle' more..I have carefully listened to both and went with GTA's for my car. They are beautiful sounding. Very deep tone and they are def louder then stock.. Those who say they are not have either .. never heard em or have been listening to their stereos too loud and have partial hearing loss. My father in law has a new 5 speed GT and I have an 07 GT with GTA's. I can compare em to stock as much as I want.. They are much different. No drone either.
Old 06-06-2008, 06:47 AM
jrhykushi
4th Gear Member

consider corsas
theyre very civilized when your easy on the throttle
but when u step down, they open up and roar

Old 06-06-2008, 09:05 AM
rogan01
3rd Gear Member

I think we are on the same page as far as what i wanted to find out. Plus, the GTAs are only about $300. Glad you like your GTAs.

btw - the Corsas were my first choice but I waited too long and now they are priced out of my range.

ORIGINAL: topbliss

to answer your q- the bullets and GTA's sound very similar. The bullits 'crackle' more..I have carefully listened to both and went with GTA's for my car. They are beautiful sounding. Very deep tone and they are def louder then stock.. Those who say they are not have either .. never heard em or have been listening to their stereos too loud and have partial hearing loss. My father in law has a new 5 speed GT and I have an 07 GT with GTA's. I can compare em to stock as much as I want.. They are much different. No drone either.
Old 06-06-2008, 03:41 PM
dsavage

just installed the gta's last weekend. $279.95 to my front door.
At first start, I thought they might be quieter than stock but then you
notice the way deeper tone. Not much louder in general but much
better. No drone, the same or less than stock. I was sitting in the
parking lot on my cell phone at idle and someone walked by and said
man, those new mustangs sound great, low and mellow. After a week,
I don't know about broken in or what, but they are louder than stock at start-up.
You'll really notice them with the windows down. If you want loud in the car,don't
get them.
Old 06-06-2008, 03:56 PM
gman73
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: JimsGT

OK, I had Borla Stingers (same as the FRPP 5GT's), and I have the "GTA"s:

I'm automatic, BTW

Stingers : sound great outside the car, they turn heads,awesome, BUT inside the car they were torture! Screw waterboarding! ( and I'm not exaggerating). If you don't like resonance (drone), that boomy, low frequency sound right about 1,800 to 2k rpm's, and it gets so annoying after awhile that your ears ring, and you actually feel like puking, then Stingers are not for you! I had them on for a total of one long day, and the next day they wer up on eBay.

GTA's: Louder, and somewhat deeper than stock, no drone at all inside the car, sounds good outside (not as good as Stingers though) but worth the tradeoff for peace of mind inside the car! Just the right sound. I've had them a little over one year, and they do seem to get louder with age, not by much, but you can sense it. Also, I had a FRPP tune, (now run SCT), and they did sound different with each tune. ( More motor boat "bap-bap-bap-bap" with the FRPP. LIke when not downshifting when making a turn with a stick shift, then hitting the gas.)

I would say drive , or drive in some cars with these mufflers, and decide. Thats the best I can describe each. Exhaust sound is a very subjective matter. Whats good to you is crap to someone else, and vice versa, but from what you're describing, it sounds like we're on the same page, and I like the GTA's much better.
I don't know if it just me, but a few months ago the stingers were highly praised. Now it seems that a lot of people a complaining about them because of the drone. I have not heard them in person, but listing to them on video, they sound good.

Quick Reply: Bullitt Exhausts