Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got Keyed......need your help!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2008, 12:51 AM
Simon1
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Got Keyed......need your help!!!!

Please don't skimp on the re-paint job. Good shops charge alot because they are good and stand by their work.

The shop that did my stripes painted the key job, my truck a few times when my brother wrecked it, several company vehicles and custom jobs with perfect results.

Old 06-06-2008, 01:29 AM
SaddleUp
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Bluestar

Let me quote Vincent Vega (Travolta) from Pulp Fiction.....
"You don't f*ck with another WOMAN'S vehicle. It's just against the rules"
Apparantly no one let the holler monkeys in on this up here in West Virginia.......Women can be very very evil when wronged.
Old 06-06-2008, 01:44 AM
HoorayBeer
2nd Gear Member

sorry to hear that. this is one of my fears. i work for my car, it sucks when people who dont wanna work get jealous of someone elses car.
Old 06-06-2008, 08:10 AM
reusty2k5
1st Gear Member

sorry to hear that dude,

I got keyed a few months ago, passenger side, down the door and on the rear quarter. Body shop had to pull 3 panels and repaint. Cost $850.

I'm with geico, and had a $500 deductible, turns out to reduce my comprehensive deductible to $100 it only cost an extra $40 a year.
Old 06-06-2008, 08:40 AM
abrush
3rd Gear Member

I'm sorry to hear about your car! Hearing all these horror stories is the reason that I have a different vehicle for a daily driver. I only take the mustang if I am going to run in somewhere for a couple of minutes in a good area of town. Out of the 9 mustangs I have owned I have never had any problems. Let's just hope I didn't jinx myself on that one!
Old 06-06-2008, 10:05 AM
Stndbck
3rd Gear Member

I hope to not be a member of the "I got keyed" club...... darn that really stinks.
Why do people do this stuff????
Old 06-06-2008, 10:32 AM
Back N Black
2nd Gear Member

I just got my car out of the shop. I came home from my wedding to find that someone had knocked the front bumper and grill off the car as well as ****ing up the drivers side fender...and the sorry bastards didn't even leave a note.

$250 deductable and three trips to the body shop so they could get their **** right, I have my car back.
Old 06-06-2008, 10:39 AM
SumterBoy
2nd Gear Member

Let's just hope karma catches up with whoever keys cars out of jealousy.
Old 06-06-2008, 10:48 AM
Andretti
2nd Gear Member

Fortunately, at this point in time my mustang isnt a member either. But unfortunately one of my other cars was keyed. That situation I can completely see for what it was. A person couldnt get to me any other way, so decided to go that route. I also know that if given the opportunity, this same person would do it in a heartbeat to the mustang given the opportunity.

In the past I would have said "you must have done something to **** someone off", but now after thinking about it and experiencing it personally, I have come to realize that alot of it is people just dont care. We are seriously in the "ME, ME, ME" generation. There is so little general respect given to others anymore. How many videos have you seen on the news where some kids broke into a house being built and trashing it, for no apparent reason other than "this would be cool...". It really does seem to be the idea "if I cant have this, then I'm gonna mess up theirs". The person who keyed me is the type that seems to be "I want everyone around me to be as miserable as I am" and will stop at pretty much nothing to make sure that is the case. To run into someone who actually says "excuse me" or "pardon me" is a rare thing, yet I do it every single day, whether I leave my house or not. I will not accept anything less from my children and they have a complete understanding of the use of saying "please" and "thank you" among numerous other things. I make it a priority with my kids. Unfortunately, it seems most dont. But how can you teach a child to have respect for others and their property if you do not?

As a fireman, we hear "response time" as a buzz word all the time. We are required to respond to a given emergency in our districs within a certain amount of time. Rightly so. I have no problem with this way of thinking. BUT, do you think this counts (or most importantly the idea that I am responding to an EMERGENCY) when drivers wont yield to our firetruck with red lights on and siren blaring at a deafing level? Why should they? They have stuff to do, and its not THEIR emergency? The amount of times someone sees us approaching a 4 wayintersection, and me slowing to check to make sure its clear to proceed through and then have someone in the right lane turn infront of me to go up the street I've just come down. Ask them, and whats the response???? "Well, I had a green arrow/light". Do they have the legal right of way? You bet. Do they have at least some sort of "responsibility" to yield and let us proceed to an emergency? Sure they do. But the fact is ALOT DONT. But if it was THEIR emergency, suddenly its "what took you so long?"

Sorry, /rantoff. But to me, its all the same way of thinking. Their time is TOO important to slow for a firetruck. Good thing I'm not a cop. Run after a suspect who is resisting arrest? I think not. I'd just freaking shoot.

Andretti
Old 06-06-2008, 10:54 AM
harraid5711
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Andretti

Fortunately, at this point in time my mustang isnt a member either. But unfortunately one of my other cars was keyed. That situation I can completely see for what it was. A person couldnt get to me any other way, so decided to go that route. I also know that if given the opportunity, this same person would do it in a heartbeat to the mustang given the opportunity.

In the past I would have said "you must have done something to **** someone off", but now after thinking about it and experiencing it personally, I have come to realize that alot of it is people just dont care. We are seriously in the "ME, ME, ME" generation. There is so little general respect given to others anymore. How many videos have you seen on the news where some kids broke into a house being built and trashing it, for no apparent reason other than "this would be cool...". It really does seem to be the idea "if I cant have this, then I'm gonna mess up theirs". The person who keyed me is the type that seems to be "I want everyone around me to be as miserable as I am" and will stop at pretty much nothing to make sure that is the case. To run into someone who actually says "excuse me" or "pardon me" is a rare thing, yet I do it every single day, whether I leave my house or not. I will not accept anything less from my children and they have a complete understanding of the use of saying "please" and "thank you" among numerous other things. I make it a priority with my kids. Unfortunately, it seems most dont. But how can you teach a child to have respect for others and their property if you do not?

As a fireman, we hear "response time" as a buzz word all the time. We are required to respond to a given emergency in our districs within a certain amount of time. Rightly so. I have no problem with this way of thinking. BUT, do you think this counts (or most importantly the idea that I am responding to an EMERGENCY) when drivers wont yield to our firetruck with red lights on and siren blaring at a deafing level? Why should they? They have stuff to do, and its not THEIR emergency? The amount of times someone sees us approaching a 4 wayintersection, and me slowing to check to make sure its clear to proceed through and then have someone in the right lane turn infront of me to go up the street I've just come down. Ask them, and whats the response???? "Well, I had a green arrow/light". Do they have the legal right of way? You bet. Do they have at least some sort of "responsibility" to yield and let us proceed to an emergency? Sure they do. But the fact is ALOT DONT. But if it was THEIR emergency, suddenly its "what took you so long?"

Sorry, /rantoff. But to me, its all the same way of thinking. Their time is TOO important to slow for a firetruck. Good thing I'm not a cop. Run after a suspect who is resisting arrest? I think not. I'd just freaking shoot.

Andretti

i'll drink to that! [sm=icon_cheers.gif]