Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

American Racing Headers.......check em out

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2008, 12:40 PM
BudgetPlan1
1st Gear Member

Default RE: American Racing Headers.......check em out

ORIGINAL: deekum1627

any body use them before look nice wonder how they are
Very, very popular in the Vette community for fit, finish, quality and performance. If they had been out when we did headers on the vette, I woulda gone w/ them in a minute.

I'm guessing pricing for headers, hi-flo cats, x-pipe is around $1300-1400. Definately not the cheapest but among one of the best. If I were putting LT's on the Mustang, they would be ARH without a doubt.
Old 06-09-2008, 03:29 PM
mAnYsTyLeS
4th Gear Member

I have them andARH installed them for me in Long Island. I think I have the best sounding 05+ Mustang - that's my opinion of course [&:][8D]
Old 06-09-2008, 05:55 PM
VerginaStang
3rd Gear Member

^^^ I have heard his set and they sound awesome.

I was talking to one of their reps who was in Carlisle, his name was George (if I remember correctly). Really nice guy, and he told me to speak withNick as well. I will be taking a ride over there on a Saturday afternoon to visit the shop with a few other local club members. We will be doing a package deal I will also let him know you referred me, thanks.

Hopefull I get there sometime soon... shouldnt be more than a half an hour ride from Queens to the shop in LI.
Old 06-09-2008, 07:43 PM
281GT
3rd Gear Member

I have the ARH system. Long tubes with x-pipe with high flow cats. The design, quality and fit of this system is nothing short of excellent. I could only have dreamed of headers that fit this well on my older cars. They were easy to install. Only set of long tubes I've ever installed that didn't require removal of the starter.
They are pricey, but they are the best header system available for the S197 GT. If you're on a budget though you might want to consider OBX, they fit well and will probably give you 90% of the performance of the ARH for a lot less cash but it you're after the best header system on the market, the ARH is the best choice.
Old 06-09-2008, 09:47 PM
pat123
3rd Gear Member

Thanks for the info.
Old 06-09-2008, 11:00 PM
JimsGT
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: inyadreems

http://www.americanracingheaders.com/homepage.htm

Guys if your looking for an awesome set of longtubes , cats and x pipe check out American Racing Headers. Before I owned my Mustang GT I had a 12 second 87 Olds 442 street car and a 10 sec 1970 Olds 442 both with Olds 350's. The guy who helped me build both of those cars is a close friend. A few years ago he had the fastest street Oldsmobile in the country. He now is part owner of American Racing Headers. I plan on eventually going with this exhaust sytem after I free up some capital from a home purchase. The full system looks awesome. If you call them ask for NICK and tell him your a mustangforums member and ERIC told you 2 call.

Here is an article about my 1970 Olds 442 in HOT ROD Magazine after I sold it to my friend. The best run I ever got was 10.83 @ 124.

http://www.longislandperformance.com/willie-hot-rod.htm
Thats who I'm going with when I go long tubes, (but with an h instead of x) I think I met Nick (or someone from ARH) at the Captree, Long Island car show a couple of years ago handing out business cards when I had my C5 Vette, I used to go there with guys from the corvetteforum, northeast section. ARH did a great job on the C5 LT's, top quality, easy fitment,worth every penny, so I'm guessing the Mustang ones are just as nice! Plus, I like to give business to a "local" guy... NJ here...BTW Wasn't he an former Kook's employee?
Old 06-09-2008, 11:08 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

you are correct, he was over at kooks first i beleive
Old 06-09-2008, 11:14 PM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

So whats your point? Simple, valid statement anyone could have made even if they were not a moderator!
ORIGINAL: FyouGitive

ORIGINAL: howarmat
I can believe the laziness of people who cant make a 5 minute phone call!
And I can believe the ******** of people who seem to think their unstifled critical comments say more about the subject than about the critic.
(and who edit other peoples' posts, because they can ... )

He said, critically ...
Old 06-09-2008, 11:48 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

Default Pure Sex ;)

Old 06-10-2008, 06:22 PM
FyouGitive
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mygt500

So whats your point? Simple, valid statement anyone could have made even if they were not a moderator!
ORIGINAL: FyouGitive

ORIGINAL: howarmat
I can believe the laziness of people who cant make a 5 minute phone call!
And I can believe the ******** of people who seem to think their unstifled critical comments say more about the subject than about the critic.
(and who edit other peoples' posts, because they can ... )

He said, critically ...
Why do you ask?

Quick Reply: American Racing Headers.......check em out