Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Weird question - Baby seats and S197's

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2008, 02:34 AM
ensign_lee
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Weird question - Baby seats and S197's

Whenever search works again, I remember reading a VERy long thread about thsi subject.

That being said, I don't see why car seats wouldn't work.
Old 06-10-2008, 03:17 AM
seniorsmith
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Weird question - Baby seats and S197's

It'll be a little tight while he/she is still rear facing, but after they can face forward, plenty of room. The biggest thing that concerned me, while my little man was still rear facing was accelerating too quickly. You have to be careful of their little necks and big ol' melons.

The best is when they can face forward. My boy turned 1 last month and graduated to the forward facing seat. Now I can nail it without worrying about hurting his neck. He just loves the Mustang now. He loves thesound of themufflers, the hard acceleration, and the Shaker 500. He goes nuts everytime I go to put him in the car. I like toget the bass thumpin' a little and watchhis little dance. He wiggles in seat and bobs his head, it's the greatest.
Old 06-10-2008, 05:03 AM
SANANTONIO06GT
2nd Gear Member

Default Boochy congrats! my wife and I are expecting our second child early next year. My first son was bo

That is what it's all about Jersey Stang. My 9 year old son loves the stang. He is pretty up to snuff on the Roush's, Shelby's and the Saleen's. He is all for going to the car shows and the raceway. I hope it sticks with him as he keeps growing up
Old 06-10-2008, 05:44 AM
plutnicki
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Boochy congrats! my wife and I are expecting our second child early next year. My first son wa

Rear facing seats will be tough, and the seats don't fit in the center (an ideal position so that you can tend
to a baby from the front). Once you can turn the seat around, you'll be fine. What kind of car does your
gf drive? I'd recommend at least one of you have something "easy" to use. The other thing to consider is
the sheer amount of crap you have to haul around with a baby.

My wife has a Nissan Quest minivan and we can fill that sucker up pretty good for a day out with my 3 year
old and 10 year old.

For short trips, everyone will fit in my coupe. I can't speak for how the vert will change the setup but you
should only really have a problem while the new baby has to be rear facing.

Congrats, BTW.
Old 06-10-2008, 09:25 AM
bronxbomba63
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Boochy congrats! my wife and I are expecting our second child early next year. My first son wa

Boochy, congrats on the new addition. I agree with Plutnicki, the only problem you should have is with a rear facing seat. After that, you should be good since the rear seats have anchors for regular car seats. Thank God I have an Expedition. She's a killer on gas though.[:'(]
Old 06-10-2008, 10:28 AM
buster
4th Gear Member

read your owners manual, there are a few paragraphs about it. I had my nephew in mine this morning actually, no problems
Old 06-10-2008, 02:20 PM
boochy
CSMG Moderator

Thanks guys. If I'm the only one in the car, couldn't I just put the baby in the passenger side back seat, and not have to worry about being uncomfortable?

I'm sure when my kid turns 2-3ish, they'll love driving with the top down, haha

And my girlfriend drives a Honda Element(ugly box), but we might be trading that in for something more suitable for the kid.

Again, thanks for all the responses. Being a new father is getting pretty scary, but exciting at the same time!
Old 06-10-2008, 02:27 PM
Back N Black
2nd Gear Member

I had an element before the Mustang and thought it would make a great family car. Kid can puke on the floor and you just have to wipe it up.
Old 06-10-2008, 02:41 PM
americaniron
5th Gear Member

I always had a kid with my mustangs. It works fine. A mild hassle, but well worth it. Congrats to you.
Old 06-10-2008, 02:51 PM
Lizas_GTs

You all are making me feel better...The onlytwo cars my husband and I have are mustangsand he always tells me that I'll be getting a minivan when we decide to have kids and I was like I don't think so...So I'll have to show him this when I get home!

Quick Reply: Weird question - Baby seats and S197's