Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

is there any way you can get my color ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2008, 11:12 AM
White05GT
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: is there any way you can get my color ?

Well that makes it more interesting lol. I'm thinking hers is very early 05, will have to check when she gets home. Howarmat, I see yours is one of 368. Hers is one of 333, mineral grey GT auto with parchment interior. Mine is one of 497, white GT, red interior, manual. Just some trivia for you, thanks for your help.
Old 06-12-2008, 12:00 PM
xxDerek
3rd Gear Member

I just checked today, it definitely has it, I'm stoked... Is Parr Ford the only ones selling it or can I get the kit from any dealership??
Old 06-12-2008, 02:28 PM
xxDerek
3rd Gear Member

bumpity??
Old 06-12-2008, 02:53 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

you can get the parts from any dealer but ed has done this many times and will know exactly what you need and the price is not going to be any different anywhere else really (maybe $20 at most)
Old 06-15-2008, 08:55 PM
bigmac5300

does your mileage stay the same? because i only have 5600
Old 06-15-2008, 08:59 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

yes your mileage stays the same
Old 06-15-2008, 09:51 PM
StantheMan
2nd Gear Member

The y2k Ford guys, Ed Olson will take your VIN and verify that your vehicle will accept the mycolor dash. The dash does install as easily as indicated above. The only thing that I disliked was the new dashes have a reverse chime as well as a warning chime when the vehicle reaches speeds above 75 mph. I live in Colorado where the legal speed limit is 75 mph, sometimes when trafficgets a little heavy the chime will drive me crazy when you have to drive under and slightly over 75 mph and the chime keeps going off over and over.
Old 06-16-2008, 12:35 AM
bronxbomba63
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: daliab

FIRST OF ALL YOU HAVE TO CHECK THIS OUT!
Above the radio is a plug that looks like three switches would go there. Pop out the blank and if there is an electrical connection connected to the back of th plug, your able to load the My Color instr panel on. Teh
All you do is grab your clear plastic cover over the speedo/tach from between the stearing wheel (bottom right and bottom left) and pull. I comes right off. Unscrew 4 strews and release the quick connect put in the new instrument panel and screw it back up and put the plastic cover over the new panel. Incluided with the instrument panel is a gang of three switches. You take the connection wire mentioned above and plug it into the switches and pop it back into the hole. If your year mustang comes with tire sensors, you won't have to worry about an error coming up. If it doesn't have tire sensors, you will have to take to the nearest ford dealership and have them put in a "as build" load into the cars computer. Cost about 1 hr of labor.
Question on the new intrument cluster....Are there any additional wires that need to be connected for the cluster to read the oil, battery or anything else?
Old 06-16-2008, 12:41 AM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

nope
Old 06-16-2008, 09:52 PM
daliab

xxDerek - Sorry for not getting back to you on your question... I've been busy.

Ordering from other ford dealers is really touchy. Here in Omaha the local dealer would not exchange the 4 guage cluster instrument panel for the 6 guage instrument panel if I ordered it from them... said they weren't the same thing. The price was even cheaper through Ed compared to the other dealers here in Omaha. When you order from Ed, you are paying the $330 (not exact but close enough) plus a $300 core charge. At the time of ordering, you tell Ed the mileage on your car and when he orders your new 6 guage instrument panel, they will load the new mileage at that time. You will also have to guess-ta-mate the additional mileage you will put on the car until the new instrument panel ships to you.... normally within a week. Ed encloses a DHL return postage already paid. All you have to do is install the new instrument panel, pack up the old one in the same packing, put the DHL label on the box, drop it off at the nearest DHL shipping location and within a couple of days you will get the credit for the core charge. The reason for going with Ed is your car will still be under warranty even though you installed it yourself. Again, if your Ford dealer will trade you 4 cluster for a 6 cluster, then your all set. All the dealers here in Omaha wouldn't do it.... they would be glad to order it, install it (extra cost) but wouldn't accept the old 4 guage instrument panel. Installing this can be done by anyone who knows what end of a screwdriver to hold. Other than that, it was so, so easy, you'd be embarrassed how easy it was to install and the 50 questionsyou had on how to install it.

Quick Reply: is there any way you can get my color ?