Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone have popping noise from STOCK suspension? I have answer

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2005, 11:37 AM
Scottsat
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Anyone have popping noise from STOCK suspension? I have answer

Thanks again......

"My Friendly Ford Service Advisor" has ordered the parts for my vehicle.........

Thanks again for the time to input this data on this forum.......,

Good to support it.......
Later,

[IMG]local://upfiles/13237/91E0EFE1714344D3837246F4A0CFD089.jpg[/IMG]
Old 04-29-2005, 04:34 PM
karazuba
1st Gear Member

Casper,

Any chance that there are part numbers attached to the TSB? My dealer is being a pain in the a$$ and refusing to do any work. direct quote "there are only two people and we cannot look up TSB's and without a part number we cannot do anything."
Old 04-29-2005, 04:44 PM
Scottsat
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: karazuba

Casper,

Any chance that there are part numbers attached to the TSB? My dealer is being a pain in the a$$ and refusing to do any work. direct quote "there are only two people and we cannot look up TSB's and without a part number we cannot do anything."

If possible go to a different dealership.........now and then, I visit a different dealer right down the highway to get a different opinion.
Maybe they will work with you on a better basis.......

It can not hurt........

Good luck,

[IMG]local://upfiles/13237/2CDC4049E3CD4AAF89CD7F848547F0BE.jpg[/IMG]
Old 04-29-2005, 06:54 PM
RICVA05
3rd Gear Member

Thank you casper my 05 is going in on monday dealer finally knew what the problem was over the phone instead of saying again we have never heard of that problem.Oh and by the way I am A mustang man first 05 owner second love all years.Thank you again for your help.
Old 04-29-2005, 07:07 PM
Tres Wright
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Casper98GT

I know. Thanks guys... You guys ( well the 2005 Stang guys who first started comming here, the noobs are c*cksuckers.. Like most 05 owners.) know i will help you out when i catch wind of something.
Wow, not sure what happened around here for us Mustang neophytes to get lumped into one group like that, but I don't think I personally have done anything to deserve that title. I've always been a fan of Mustangs, but never felt the urge to actually buy one until the '05's came out. It's funny how you'd think that with all the Chevy guys ganging up on Ford owners you'd think there would be unity within the Ford ranks, but I guess not [&:]

Despite the ugly comment, the TSB info is appreciated
Old 04-29-2005, 07:53 PM
Professor Wizard
MF Moderator

I saw a ride on "Pimp my ride"... it was a convertable... and it made a Poping noise!

Because it had a popcorn popper in the back seat !!!!!

Your Ultimate Drive-In Ride!
Old 04-29-2005, 09:02 PM
afixer
5th Gear Member

just went in and showed my bud this tsb he had not seen it yet. also my tank is in so ill have it replaced next week. here is the full tsb i also have it in pdf format but im sure casper can email it also. thanks for the heads up casper! i have been so busy lately i had not been checking.

[IMG]local://upfiles/14019/F28C809E6A544250AB84B08890E8A272.jpg[/IMG]
Old 04-29-2005, 09:22 PM
Casper98GT
I ♥ Acer

Yo doggs.. lol. SOrry i felt like trying to be a brotha for a minute. loll It didnt work to well...

Anywhooo.... I'll reply to everyone just give me a chance... i like posting in here and reading what other dealership have to say.. makes me laugh!!

Casper, I don't know if you read any other post's while you were here posting TSB's but I thought I would tell you what happened to mine. Remember the problem I had with the engine not excelerating? They had to replace the engine because of the cam advance system. Somehow engine oil was not getting to the advance mechanisms. They replaced all the phasers and electronics but that did not fix it. It runs great now and I made them give me a free extended warranty. I dropped my car two inches but that was after they gave it back and they knew I had the popping noise in the suspension but the TSB had not come out on how to fix it. Thanks for the info. Us old guys appreciate your help. I think you need to stop by more often on the Forum. By the way I have a 1980 Coup that was converted to a 1987 coup with a GT wire harness and full interior and exterior. I have a FMS Crate motor GT40 with GT 40 intake and 70mm all the way through with Cobra Mass air and injectors with "F" cam installed. I drove it while my 05 was in the shop for 5 weeks straight. Don't be a stranger,
Hey pal. I'll try not to be a stranger anymore. lol.... i have been wicked busy and my pony is ripped apart right now so i dont know what power feel like anymore.... [:'(] Sounds like you have a nice lil ride there. What are you at about 310-350 to the rear wheels with that lil toy? I am just wondering what DTC's they got. Cause they have wicked problems with TPS's.... and PCM's.. I wonder if they tried doing that. There is a new calibration out as of a few days ago.

Thanks Casper. I just went ot my dealer yesterday to talk to the service manager. She was telling me she wouldn't get a TSB until June??? I mentioned to her that I've seen multiple '05 owners complaining about this and their is supposedly a TSB covering this issue. Looks like I have to print out some of these forum threads and go talk to them again.

To clarify: Engineers have come up with a fix? & it has been released in the form of a TSB already? So my dealer should be able to take care of this?

Thanks
You should have bent her over her own desk lol. yeah its the new fix for the problem. So just tell her its 05-09-11 and part numbers include.....
5R3Z-18183-A Strut Mount (Bearing)
5R3Z-5l302-A Spring Isolator
W520215S440 Strut Upper Nut
N807144S440 Stabilizer Bar Nut
W520112S440 Strut To Body Nuts
W711091S900 Strut Bolt Nuts
W709870S439 Strut Bolts
Hope this helps bro!!!

Casper,

Thats kinda stupid. i would go elsewhere. lol.... The parts are listed above.

Wow, not sure what happened around here for us Mustang neophytes to get lumped into one group like that, but I don't think I personally have done anything to deserve that title. I've always been a fan of Mustangs, but never felt the urge to actually buy one until the '05's came out. It's funny how you'd think that with all the Chevy guys ganging up on Ford owners you'd think there would be unity within the Ford ranks, but I guess not

Despite the ugly comment, the TSB info is appreciated
Im pretty sure there are ALOT of people who hate me in this certain 2005 Mustang post area. lol. I posted a while back "Why are 05 Owners such scum bags" and it made like 1000 posts. lol. It was great. I have wicked problems with 05 owners thinking they are the greatest thing in the world. lol... but anyways... if you make me mad i'll put you in that catagory. If i like you everything is good and we can talk to each other. Some would ask if i dont like the 05's why even post in here.... Well because someone actually took the time to make a poll about me... lol. So i keep comming here and relaying the important information... despite the fact i could care less if every 05 blew up right now and no more could be made.

just went in and showed my bud this tsb he had not seen it yet. also my tank is in so ill have it replaced next week. here is the full tsb i also have it in pdf format but im sure casper can email it also. thanks for the heads up casper! i have been so busy lately i had not been checking
Yup i have every TSB ever made by ford from like... i dunno 90 to 06. lol. So i can email anyone anytihng about any FORD car or lincoln and mercury. So dont be shy, just patient cause sometimes i dont check my mail for a day or two.
Old 04-30-2005, 01:55 AM
Tres Wright
4th Gear Member

==I have wicked problems with 05 owners thinking they are the greatest thing in the world. lol..==

I can understand that. Personally I have a problem with anyone thinking they are hot s*** simply because they drive a certain car. It's like my dad always told me in my younger days, there's always something faster around. I drove some pretty fast muscle cars in those days, but if I picked on enough people I could usually prove him right- haha! There's always something faster, cooler, more expensive, and/or more exotic around. I enjoy what I have and let others do the same.

== if you make me mad i'll put you in that catagory==

Go ahead and put me there, I could give a rip about what you think about me Personally I think you use "lol" way too much, so I don't like you I'm kidding of course [8D]

Old 04-30-2005, 07:35 PM
Steps25

"You should have bent her over her own desk lol. yeah its the new fix for the problem. So just tell her its ..."

1. I would NOT do her the favor....! [:'(]HA HA
2. You are da man
3. I did go back to the dealer the following day when I had the TSB #. An SVT Tech took me aside and "in subtle words" said that the service manager is a moron. But, not too worry...the owner of the dealer is a good guy, takes care of his customers, and loves mustangs to boot. My parts were ordered right then

Quick Reply: Anyone have popping noise from STOCK suspension? I have answer