Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thrown in the towel with regards to the Radio and Heater

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2005, 01:48 PM
broke88
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Thrown in the towel with regards to the Radio and Heater

Man am I so glad I didnt get a shaker system. I knew there were problems with the systems, so didnt get one with my 05, plotted for the standard CD am/fm, then put in Sat Radio. No problemo's

Good luck gents/ladies/ drivers on getting the Shaker working correctly.

Always hate hearing of issues, but also good to hear the venting, makes us all aware of the product issues.

TerryG
Old 04-30-2005, 07:21 PM
lostsoul
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Casper98GT

WOw... dont tell anyone this... But that red GT ^^^ is the ONLY!! 05 GT i have ever seen that make me happy in my pants!!!! Looks great man!!!

That hurt Casper .. I thought you liked the yellow too
Old 04-30-2005, 08:12 PM
TEAShea

Sue Ford for fraud. I think you have a case.

TEAShea
attorney at law
Old 04-30-2005, 09:11 PM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

Really! Where's the love man?! I have a torch red GT also

[IMG]local://upfiles/13513/F6F1E41AD4484758892B9C1F769E7204.jpg[/IMG]
Old 05-01-2005, 10:10 PM
Casper98GT
I ♥ Acer

That hurt Casper .. I thought you liked the yellow too
Really! Where's the love man?! I have a torch red GT also
Sorry guys... that Stang looks great! Dont care for the Saleen... But you know i like yellow cars... Only because its my fav color. But look at that damn car!! Its fuggen hott!!

hawg.. is that youres? I used to seeing the car in youre avi... That looks great too!!! DAMN lol. I really like that. Maybe its just the stripes..

LOST... I think you need 17x10.5 and 17x9 BULLIT deep dish rims and 2 black stripes going up the middle... AND that would take the new top spot for the hottest 05 i ever did see. lol.
Old 05-01-2005, 11:55 PM
lostsoul
4th Gear Member

I was never into deep dish on my pizza or rims..haha.. I was going to get the same strips but holding off till I have the SC. I dont want to anounce myself unless I'm ready to rumble
Old 05-02-2005, 09:27 PM
scootsbrew
1st Gear Member

Sorry folks been away for a while. Just a couple of notes regarding the radio and the heater. The second radio they put in the car had the backlighting issue. I had to tell them they had to download the info for that issue. Interesting issue today, I had a CD in the car that was burned by me but in Standard audio format instead of MP3 format and it literally stuck in one song playing the same three notes over and over and over.... sigh.....

There was a remark regarding who cares if the heater is blowing out of the defrost as long as it was on my feet as well. The issue I've got is that:
1. I'm warm blooded and having the warm air in my face constantly isn't confortable and
2. It is blowing at my feet and in my face even when the unit is in the off position. Not cool air but hot air. I've had to turn on the air through the feet just to cool it off and
3. It simply not supposed to work that way. I wouldn't care if I spent 3,000 on a Yugo, if I've spent money on something that is supposed to work correctly I'd like it to work correctly, even if that means I've got to wait a while for a fix.

This is where my primary grief is, having me come back 4 times for the same two issues is ludicrous. At this piont they should be paying me for explaining how to fix their issues and for spending som much damn time in their waiting room. I mean really I've got all of the magazines memorized now. (They had better change them by my next visit!)

Good Luck to all with their babies.....
Old 05-02-2005, 09:35 PM
flyingt
2nd Gear Member

I have just noticed my disc start tap dancing, skips from song to song and not the same place all the time. A little upset, but I still am in heaven with my GT. The thrill of driving her keeps me going for more.
Old 05-03-2005, 07:44 AM
dusty1
1st Gear Member

I was reading the owner's manual last night, and it mentions that audio CDRs should be used, and that the Ford radios have trouble reading computer CDRs and CDRWs;

"CD Units are designed to play commercially pressed 4.75 inch audio compact disks only. Due to technical incompatibility, certain recordable and re-recordable compact disks may not function correctly when used in Ford CD players." Page 28.

How can they advertise a CD head unit that's MP3 compatible, and then have the above note in the owner's manual??? I don't see a lot of commercially-made CDs full of MP3 songs....

I haven't ordered my '06 GT yet, so I downloaded the owner's manual from the Fleet Ford website. Just made me more confused.
Old 05-03-2005, 12:36 PM
don_w
I ♥ Acer

Maybe its because I only have about 450 miles on mine, but I haven't had any problems whatsoever with the Shaker 500. I have 6 different home-burned CDs in it and they all play fine. And no problems with backlighting. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Quick Reply: Thrown in the towel with regards to the Radio and Heater