Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ice wax detailing spray.

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2008, 08:24 AM
plutnicki
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Ice wax detailing spray.

Very happy thus far with the ICE products (used the liquid wax, spray detailer and interior cleaner). Haven't used the liquid
clay bar yet (my father's Civic needs it, so he's getting some for father's day), and Ijust bought the car wash to try out.

Old 06-12-2008, 09:20 AM
4LITER6
3rd Gear Member

Mothers "Showtime" Quick Detail Spray......Nice!!!!
Old 06-12-2008, 10:08 AM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

I'm using the ICE wax and detailer and am very happy. My guess is that, if you don't havea polymer-based wax underneath such as the ICE wax, then the ICE detail spray may not give satisfactory results.

When I first used ICE wax on my alloy, I put it on top of a standard wax I had applied previously and I was very unhappy with the results. I had to claybar and then reapply the ICE wax. Now the detailer works wonders for the in-between jobs.
Old 06-12-2008, 10:29 AM
06Redfire3V
5th Gear Member

ICE FTW!! I use it and love it!
Old 06-12-2008, 11:30 AM
topbliss
2nd Gear Member

try the ULTIMATE quick detailer. Thats what everyone is talking about NOT the quick detailer. VERY different

ORIGINAL: grampa_stang

I took the pepsi challenge ,Meguiars quick detail vs ICEdetailer vsthedetail spraythe the dealer uses.
Winner = ICE. I don't use to "shine" the car. I use it whenever I need to remove fingerprints, smudges or
just when it's dusty.
Old 06-12-2008, 12:46 PM
drbobvs
5th Gear Member

IMO the ICE exterior spray detailer is the best detailer out there and I've tried them all. What separates the ICE detailer is not only the great shine but also the lack of streaking as well as the ability to use it in the sun or a hot surface. It's great for detailing at car shows outdoors. I've made the mistake of letting other detailers dry on my car when I couldn't wipe it off fast enough on a hot day. Forget it, it's like it's on there forever. No such problems withthe ICE.

The ICE way is OK too and also nice if you have no shady area to wax in. I've used it on a burning hot car with no ill effects. But it still doesn't shine quite as well as NXT or NXT 2.0!

Old 06-12-2008, 04:08 PM
topbliss
2nd Gear Member

yea being a car show guy I know what your talking about, But seriously.. have you *really* tried ultimate quick detailer? Because it surely does not streak on in direct sun.. Sounds like its very similar to ice. Except that the UQD leaves a very light coat of wax that beads water nice for a few weeks.. ICE is good but ya gotta try UQD. I was a non beliver until I tried it.. Im sure ICE and UQD are both the best on the market..

ORIGINAL: drbobvs

IMO the ICE exterior spray detailer is the best detailer out there and I've tried them all. What separates the ICE detailer is not only the great shine but also the lack of streaking as well as the ability to use it in the sun or a hot surface. It's great for detailing at car shows outdoors. I've made the mistake of letting other detailers dry on my car when I couldn't wipe it off fast enough on a hot day. Forget it, it's like it's on there forever. No such problems withthe ICE.

The ICE way is OK too and also nice if you have no shady area to wax in. I've used it on a burning hot car with no ill effects. But it still doesn't shine quite as well as NXT or NXT 2.0!

Old 06-12-2008, 04:15 PM
odiaz
4th Gear Member

I use Ice and I can go for months without washing the car. I simply dust it with a califronia duster, wipe off any bad spots with a microfiber towel and then use the ICE. If you do use it a lot, you will get to the point where the shine appears to have micro-scratches (after a whole season of using it every weekend). At that point, I simply wash her with joy, and then apply the Meguires three step wax. I only have to do this once or twice a year.