Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

interior packages look cheesy?

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2008, 10:35 AM
Novelty goat

Default RE: interior packages look cheesy?

You asked, and in my opinion, yes, cheese.
Old 06-16-2008, 10:55 AM
redfireshaker06
4th Gear Member

Silverhorseracing.com ALL THE WAY. Stick on **** is cheesy, not the billet pieces. Old people think its cheesy.........
Old 06-16-2008, 11:04 AM
DADZRYD
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: DarkFireGT

All of my interior pieces (except for the outlet plug) are from SilverHorse Racing. Very high quality billet pieces. I chose to go with the polished and clear anodized finish. It matches the steering wheels spokes perfectly. It's definitely not "blingy".

That looks awesome...My choice is also satin finish to compliment the dash piece and steering wheel spokes...
Old 06-16-2008, 12:07 PM
thepit56
1st Gear Member

thanks guys, especially for the pics, I really like what Tpony did, I wonder if he bought each piece seperately and if he has any experience with cars.
Old 06-16-2008, 12:18 PM
DarkFireGT
4th Gear Member

Thanks. SHR used to call it satin anodized, but now the satin version doesn't have a protected finish. So now it's the polished version. It's still very satin like, it just has a protective finish. It matches the spokes perfectly. I've never had one person say my interior was cheesy. I jump in the '05 and it feels so sparse, as all I have in that one is the Hurst, MGW plug, and *****.
Old 06-16-2008, 02:17 PM
Silencer06
2nd Gear Member

Location: Raised in Chicago; living near St. Louis in Troy, IL

Orion240 says polish or chrome is sooo 1980??? Whatever! Apparently people in LA don't realize these cars are RETRO!! The basic theme I'm going with throughout my GT is black and chrome, and I've won awards with it at car shows so I guess the judges don't think it's "soooo 80"! To each his own. I personally think a few accents here and there (done tastefully and carefully) add a great touch to these cars...especially considering there are so many stock pieces in the car that are black plastic that BEG to be replaced. Again though, do it tastefully or it'll be overkill. And definitely check MGW or SHR for the best quality pieces on the market.

DarkfireGT, I saw that GT plate you have around your shifter on the SHR website and was thinking of picking one up in chrome, but I'm curious....how does it install? Does it require drilling and screwing in somewhere or does it install with 3M tape or what?
Old 06-16-2008, 02:26 PM
BeachBlv
2nd Gear Member

I personally do not like dash kits like the one I have pictured. I think it makes the interrior look so cheap.

Old 06-16-2008, 03:30 PM
inyadreems
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: BeachBlv

I personally do not like dash kits like the one I have pictured. I think it makes the interrior look so cheap.

I have that dash kit. I didn't have the IUP and the all black interior was boring. I did however leave off the "MUSTANG" piece above the glove box, the piece above the light switch, and the one next to the ignition. I think it looks alot better w/o thos pieces. Got a few compliments.
Old 06-16-2008, 03:45 PM
BeachBlv
2nd Gear Member

i like the rest, I just dont like the mustang logo either. The peices that I dont like on the kit you took off so I bet atleast yours looks good. lol I just dont see a point to puttin "MUSTANG" eveywhere on the car when the most car dumb people know its a mustang.... I mean in some intances it looks good. I just dont like when its over used.
Old 06-16-2008, 08:16 PM
DarkFireGT
4th Gear Member

The SHR shifter trim installs with 3M tape. Make sure you wipe with alcohol real well first and it'll stick very well. The cup holder bezel has a few pieces of velcro with 3M tape, so you can remove it when needed. The eBrake handle cover uses a torx screw to hold it in place. The ***** are replacements and snap in.

Quick Reply: interior packages look cheesy?