Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2008 Bullitt Owners, Please Chime In

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2008, 07:23 PM
mlcrycc
5th Gear Member

Default 2008 Bullitt Owners, Please Chime In

Bullitt Owners, a few questions please......

What was the sticker price on your car, and what did you pay? No X Plan, Y Plan, any specialty plan, just good ole negotiating against the MSRP......before tax and license....

Green or Black.....

Has anyone done any changes to the "specialty machined" dash?

Don't freak out on this one, but, has anyone seen a Bullitt with an after market spoiler added? [8D][8D]

Is the adaptave tuning noticable with varied Octane Fuel?

Any major disappointments with the car?

Thx,
Mike

Old 06-17-2008, 08:26 PM
BiteTheBullitt

Default RE: 2008 Bullitt Owners, Please Chime In

mlcrycc,

bought dhg bullitt # 0793 on april fools day this year. otd for $800 under msrp. as for the dash, i will not attempt to improve it as it is perfect as is. i cannot give you a comparoabout performance on the different octane fuels as i only use 93.i am unableto be able to justify why anyone would want to put arear spoiler on their bullitt. the absence of the spoiler is one of the mainexterior features i (and most other bullitt owners from what ihave gathered)like about the bullitt. i did do one exterior mod though...and i'll bet you could appreciate this one...i put the same chin spoiler on as you have on your 05 pictured above. the front end of the bullitt seemedlike it was missing something,and when i came across our spoiler, i knew it would be the finishing touch. not aggressive but complimentary, and it completed the look of the car. the only dissapointment, and dissapointment might be a little strong of a word here, would be the way she corners. better than a gt, and not what i will settle for. she will be dressed up inawatts link rear suspension in the near future. i don't need 1 g cornering capabilities, and my research has lead me tofeel that perhaps i can get to around .9 g's with a watts link set up. this is where i will settle in at. if you are considering a bullitt, iam giving you the thumbs up. sounds like salesof the bullitts are slowing down a bit, so now orwithin the next few months is a perfect time to pick one up for a good deal.someone on another forum said something to the effect that the people who really wanted a bullitt already have them, so the ones that arestill for sale are not quite the hot ticket item that they wereat the beginning of the year. grain of salt there i might add. one more thing there, your car looks great!

gerald

Old 06-17-2008, 08:34 PM
wolfie
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mlcrycc

Bullitt Owners, a few questions please......

What was the sticker price on your car, and what did you pay? No X Plan, Y Plan, any specialty plan, just good ole negotiating against the MSRP......before tax and license....
Cant help you there as I live in Canada but I got mine for $2K under MSRP. There are lots for sale in B.C at the moment

Green or Black.....
Guess

Has anyone done any changes to the "specialty machined" dash?
No changes to mine and I have not seen any others with changes, why change it it looks great

Don't freak out on this one, but, has anyone seen a Bullitt with an after market spoiler added? [8D][8D]
The only body mod's I have seen are hood('68 style vents..looked good) and front bumper (fog lights)

Is the adaptave tuning noticable with varied Octane Fuel?
Only thing I noticed was a bit of ping when I tried 87 octane

Any major disappointments with the car?
Not a single one.

Thx,
Mike

Old 06-17-2008, 08:43 PM
mlcrycc
5th Gear Member

Thanks guys, keep em coming.....

...i put the same chin spoiler on as you have on your 05 pictured above.
Please, you must post some pics....!!!!!!! Welcome to the forum, and thanks for the compliments....

Mike

Old 06-17-2008, 09:13 PM
A_Drunken_Llama
3rd Gear Member

I'm trying to decide on whether or not to get the Bullitt...I love the upgraded seats, shifter, and the sterring wheel...also love the looks...just dunno if I should wait for the 2010 Mustang

The interior is important to me so if they're not improving the steering wheel and seats for the 2010 Mustang then Bullitt it is...
Old 06-17-2008, 10:50 PM
silstang23
2nd Gear Member

Wait for the 2010 mustang. No offense but I don't like the looks of the bullitt but that is just my opinion. Maybe it's the color or the spoiler delete, just doesn't appeal to me.
Old 06-18-2008, 09:42 AM
chemie

I got mine for 31,700 in Houston, the sticker was 32,700. I've also only used 93 octane fuel. The only changes I'd make to exterior would be 255s for the rear tires (I've already had the windows tinted).

[IMG]local://upfiles/98062/1019113E01504C54AAD5DAF56237FAD0.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/98062/3F7C7A1C04DB4E93A03BCF19BAFC9F1A.jpg[/IMG]
Old 06-18-2008, 10:36 AM
IWinULose
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: silstang23

Wait for the 2010 mustang. No offense but I don't like the looks of the bullitt but that is just my opinion. Maybe it's the color or the spoiler delete, just doesn't appeal to me.
I agree. No offense to those of you who like/own them, but not my cup of tea. It's like a V8 wrapped up with a v6 car. No spoiler, no fogs, wheels, nothing on the outside is like hey look at me. Not a fan of the green, either. Like I said, no offense to anyone who has one, I just don't think I could buy one myself.
Old 06-18-2008, 10:50 AM
S197steve
4th Gear Member

I almost bought a black Bullitt when I got my GT/CS... at the time I just wasn't sold on the looks of the Bullitt. My wife REALLY wanted to get the black Bullitt but when we saw the dark red GT/CS we decided it was the right choice.

In hindsight, I really like the clean lines of the Bullitt and on some level wish I'd gotten that over the GT/CS... but mind you, I REALLY like my GT/CS.
Old 06-18-2008, 01:13 PM
mlcrycc
5th Gear Member

Yeah, thanks guys....
There is no way that I would give up my 05 for one, but we are actually looking to replace the little lady's Grocery Grabber, with possibly a Bullitt. The local dealer has already offered it to me at 2K under MSRP, but I think he needs to go a bit further......

This is kinda why I asked the question in my original post, as far as if anyone had seen a bullitt with an aftermarket spoiler.....The other half loves Mustangs, really likes the GT500 spoiler on the Mineral Grey car....And, in my best hair flipping,whimsical impression....."Just adores that Highland Green....."

Thx,
Mike

Quick Reply: 2008 Bullitt Owners, Please Chime In