Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gotta Love Those Dealer Sales Guys....

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2008, 10:47 PM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Default RE: Gotta Love Those Dealer Sales Guys....

Mike .....dealers are a joke and a poor representation of Ford or car manufacturers in general.[&:] It great that you were firm and you actually played him for the fool instead of the other way around. IMO Lawyers and sale people are NOT human and spawn from the devil himself......(ok a little dramatic)[8D] J
Old 06-19-2008, 11:03 PM
ReaperGT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mygt500

Mike .....dealers are a joke and a poor representation of Ford or car manufacturers in general.[&:] It great that you were firm and you actually played him for the fool instead of the other way around. IMO Lawyers and sale people are NOT human and spawn from the devil himself......(ok a little dramatic)[8D] J
lol amazing
Old 06-19-2008, 11:07 PM
Burnsy
5th Gear Member

It's is odd to think that the people selling these cars know so little and think they know so much. I'm glad a few of these salesmen ran into a consumer that actually knew what he was buying. Thanks for the laugh.
Old 06-19-2008, 11:16 PM
06elnr
5th Gear Member

crazy...LOL
Old 06-19-2008, 11:25 PM
281GT
3rd Gear Member

I suppose you can't blame them for trying BUT...
In today's world of readily available information it's getting harder and harder for dealers to try and pull crap like that. I think I'd be pretty insulted of someone tried a stunt like that with me.
Buyer beware.
Old 06-19-2008, 11:33 PM
chain1
4th Gear Member

Well, obviously the tactic works as they have been operating in the same way for a long time. So I don't really blame the dealers. It is a business after all. The really sad part of all this is that the reason this tactic works is because some people out there will pay the 10k mark up.
Old 06-20-2008, 12:47 AM
JohnnyMoss

How much off would it take for you to consider a trip to Washington State to pick up your stang? I don't know what I can do...but, what the heck, might as well talk to my general manager, tell him the story and see what he says. We've got a Bullitt that we've had for a while! Worth a shot...
Old 06-20-2008, 02:38 AM
snicksrolos
3rd Gear Member

Even at the bottom of this post, at the current time of course, I'm still laughing!

I hate dealers, they are like cheating girlfriends to me...and we all know where I'm going with that!

I was lucky enough to find my Stang online at cars.com, and bust a move on the dealership before they realized what was going on!

Thanks for the stomach pain man...I'm still laughing!!!
Old 06-20-2008, 05:48 AM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

Yeah that was a good one.
Old 06-20-2008, 06:37 AM
Ruffnuts
2nd Gear Member

As a former car salesman for a Ford dealer I have to chime in.. First off salesmen are working to make a living, its a job and like all jobs each wants to be succesfull and get paid for it. I dealt with alot of email and phone buyers shopping a price and whats sad is people will spend 50 dollars in gas driving to 10 dealers just to save 25 dollars on there car.Everyone expects to get thousands off every car and thinks salespeople are evil and rich.. LOL..
The best thing you can do is educate yourself before you ever talk to a salesman, you would be surprised how much better things go if you show up in person with some good research on your side. Bottom line is the dealership, salesman, and Ford want to make a sale.

Quick Reply: Gotta Love Those Dealer Sales Guys....