Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gotta Love Those Dealer Sales Guys....

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2008, 08:37 PM
mlcrycc
5th Gear Member

Default Gotta Love Those Dealer Sales Guys....

So, to stay on the technical side, I am technically looking at the 08 Bullitts for a possible addition to the stable...For the little lady....
Anyway, I have been contacting dealers via E Mail about existing inventory, etc....
I had to share this last exchange I had with one of the local dealers.......I almost fell over on this one....

Here is the original canned response from last night.....

Dear Osborn,

This is a one-time confirmation of your request for a price quote
for a 2008 Ford Mustang.

To check for local incentives, please call 714*******.

Within 24 hours, a representative from**** Ford
will contact you with availability and pricing for your vehicle.
Be sure to print out this email and bring it with you when you visit your dealer.

Here is the live person response I got today.....

Michael,
We do still have the Bullit.
You have no doubt seen the MSRP, which is $32705. Since it is a specialty car, it has a Dealer Mark-Up of $10,000. Obviously in this market that number is negotiable.
If you are serious about buying one, make me an offer and I'll see what I can do.
I look forward to serving you.

Here is my response this evening to the above...(I really had a bad day....)

Steve,[/align]Thank you for responding to my inquiry. Yes, I am well aware of the MSRP on the Bullitt. Being a specialty car is laughable, in that it is nothing more than a GT Mustang with a 3000 dollar bullitt package from the factory. I am not Mustang ignorant, by any means. As such, I am aware that at this point in time, there were to be only 7700 bullits made, and only in 2008. But, because the factory only made 5500, the other 2200 will be manufactured as 2009 models. But they will not have the 45th anniversary badges. So much for specialty cars....[/align][/align]I shutter to think what kind of dealer mark up you are looking for on a GT500, but regardless, no, there will be no dealer mark up paid by me for a bullitt....I have a firm offer to purchase one from your competition, for 30,750 dollars, which is about 750 over invoice. No dealer mark up. The only issue I am having with that dealer, is that they refuse to acknowledge that there is currently a 1000 rebate on Mustangs.....[/align][/align]Sorry to have wasted your time.[/align][/align]Regards,[/align]Mike Osborn[/align][/align][/align]And, the response........[/align][/align]Hi There,
This just in- the boss said he would Take $750 over invoice on one of ours. Our invoice though is $30365, so there may be something on it thatyours doesn't have. In fact, if you'll do it today, I'll take $500 over our invoice. MSRP is what they are TRYING to get.
About the rebate though, there is NO rebate on a Bullit. I just looked it up. So whoever it is is being straight with you about that. The rebate is only on the V6 or GT's.
My cell # is**********. CALL ME and let's get it on.
Thanks,[/align][/align][/align]Hope someone else needed a good laugh this evening.....[/align][/align]Mike[/align]
[/align]

Old 06-19-2008, 08:58 PM
ReaperGT
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Gotta Love Those Dealer Sales Guys....

Lol, effin dealers
Old 06-19-2008, 09:18 PM
East87
4th Gear Member

a dealer i contacted via an online price request from ford direct ended up looking up my cousin's name in the phone book because they couldn't believe that a 21-year old who provided a cell phone number (as opposed to my work number...yea right...) as his primary means of contact would/could be interested in a new 08 GT...if i were running a dealer, i might take anyone seriously in this market...
Old 06-19-2008, 09:22 PM
Dorsil
2nd Gear Member

lol i love how the game plays out with them =)
Old 06-19-2008, 09:23 PM
Roy_R
4th Gear Member

www.carsdirect.com

was sooo easy...
Old 06-19-2008, 09:29 PM
HoorayBeer
2nd Gear Member

there goes the dealer again trying to steal every penny they can from hard working americans. they have no problems ripping people off when in actuality they can sell it below msrp.
Old 06-19-2008, 09:34 PM
Xeno
'Dr. X'

if there is anything 'special' at any car dealers it is the sales people themselves [:'(] [/align][/align]before I bought my first mustang, I was looking at dodge dakotas. the sales guy I talked to showed me the truck, let me test drive it, then asked me if I was interested.at the time I was17 so I said I wouldn't be buying immediately and asked if they could give me an estimate. about 20 min later they started asking all these financial questions for the interest rates and soforthand I told them I didn't even have a credit card yet; they just stared at me dumbfounded for about 5 min.[/align][/align]most of those sales people are one mcnugget short of a happy meal[/align]
Old 06-19-2008, 10:00 PM
5SPD07GT
Official Site Sponsor

classic
Old 06-19-2008, 10:04 PM
americaniron
5th Gear Member

Wow Mike, this salesman crawled stright out from the sewers. It's funny, and sad at the same time. Good luck with your efforts.
Old 06-19-2008, 10:10 PM
mlcrycc
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: americaniron

Wow Mike, this salesman crawled stright out from the sewers. It's funny, and sad at the same time. Good luck with your efforts.
Absolutely......

Quick Reply: Gotta Love Those Dealer Sales Guys....